Boxers anyone? (WA state)

Postby pocketpit » June 19th, 2006, 8:00 am

Is anyone in the PNW up for fostering Boxers? I have someone looking to place their 2 boxers and naturally they need to put the dogs into rescue. I told them our rescue could take the dogs if I could find someone to foster for me.
Just putting out the word in hopes that I can be of help to them.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby JCleve86 » June 19th, 2006, 1:42 pm

:cry: I hate you.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby pocketpit » June 19th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Please don't hate me, pity me instead. I should have just told this couple to up and shove it but instead I'm a softie for Boxers and am trying to help. Alas it's one of those "we're moving in x amount of days and we haven't found anyone yet" deals :x
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby JCleve86 » June 19th, 2006, 11:42 pm

Nice. Jackasses.

Where are they moving? Locally? You should seriously just tell them the dogs are THEIR responsibility. You wouldn't look for a home in a 55+ community if you had kids, you don't find a home that doesn't allow you to keep your pets if you have them. Urgh I know you don't need any help explaining it to them...a few years down the road, you'd be able to sucker me into it. :(
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby pocketpit » June 20th, 2006, 7:47 am

Well they are arriving today. The female has a temporary foster home lined up and we may try boarding the male while we look for a permanent home or foster.
I know I should have told them to kiss this :moon: but for some reason I didn't. I don't usually have an issue with saying no but my instincts are telling me otherwise this time so I'm going to go with them.
They are moving to Texas and are convinced (an easy out if you ask me) that the heat will be too much for the short faced dogs raised in a much milder climate. I am making him pay for the male's neuter (the female is already spayed) and he did of his own accord ensure that their vaccines were updated for us so I will spare the beatings THIS time :spank:
I'll be taking adoption photos of them later so I'll share them with you :)
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Violet » June 20th, 2006, 3:07 pm

I can hardly wait to see pictures!

Isn't it funny how once in awhile...you want to help people that are being jackasses? As a rule I never take owner surrenders..but I have quite a few times anyways. To me, there is usually something in teh callers voice that gets my attention. While others..there is soemthign ELSE in their voice that makes it hard for me to even be polite.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby kymn25 » June 20th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Gosh I really wish I could. I to have a soft spot for Boxers. Had you been a couple weeks earlier I would've taken one, but I just got Max (Buster) Boxer/pit mix from Clackamas county, so I now have 4 dogs & 4 cats. I am beyond full. Luckily my 2 permanent dogs are well behaved and so I only have to deal with the 2 foster Boys. :uvula:

I can't wait to see the pictures though. Poor boxer babies with STUPID ASS owners. Thank you for helping them......I will kill myself if one of them is mostly White...
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pocketpit » June 20th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Hold off on the noose for now :lol3:
The male is brindle and the female is fawn so you're saved. I've just been phoned and told the female is a walking couch and most likey hypothyroid. She weighs in at a hefty 85lbs :o
Bloodwork is being drawn and sent out so we can start whipping her back into shape and get her on medication pronto.
The male is pretty I'm told though somewhat of an jerk in the kennel so we'll see how he turns out. It sounds as though he's been the super spoiled, I can do what I want child who's gotten away with murder.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby kymn25 » June 20th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Thank God for small miracles. I really dodged a bullet on that one. He sounds like a typical stubborn Boxer to me. We only put up with it cuz its so hard to be mad when you're looking at that squishy face lookin' all innocent like. :haloGreen:
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue