Wally Back On The Track! *UPDATED*

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby SisMorphine » June 18th, 2006, 10:59 am

Friday was the expo at Wonderland Racetrack. It's a big event where they have speakers, vendors, and it's all about the retired racers. They even get to run the track again!

I was so excited because I can't even drive passed the track without Wally starting to freak in the backseat. Here he is once we pulled in the parkinglot . . . staring at the track and whining like an idiot.

He was in the first race with his friend Melody. Damn he looked good in his racing silk.

Well, little was he aware that Mel would employ underhanded tactics to win! When they opened the gates Wally shot out but Mel was all turned around backwards and flailing, so Wally had to turn around and see what was going on.
"Ummm, hello Mel! Are you coming?"

She took that opportunity to pull ahead as he had to turn back around. Sneaky little thing.

So Wally said "Meh. She's going to win anyway, I might as well just leisurely trot the course instead of all out running."
"Dum-de-dum. Ladies first."

Well trotting the course or not, it was hard work! So was all of the meeting and greeting going on inside. We got there at noon time and here was Wally at about 8:30 when the speakers were finishing up.

And as a bonus for everyone, here's a video of Wally watching the races! Now please keep in mind, for the first 10 months I had Wally I had only ever heard him bark once. Then we figured out that he could sing, which he does regularly now, but he still doesn't bark. Well here is Wally completely freaking out while watching the other dogs race. He LOVED it! I don't think anyone on here who's met him can say they've ever seen him this excited.

We had so much fun. Next year we're going both days (day #2 is at the Raynham track). Man it was cool.

ETA:
A picture of Wally leading the room in a "group roo." Anyone who has seen the video from Chris knows of his singing skills. Well the people we sat with thought it was funny that Wally sings on command so they kept getting him to sing, which got the rest of the room going. And everyone kept giving us dirty glares because Wally was definitely the loudest. HAHAHAHAHA!

And one of Wally watching a movie with my friend Jennifer.
Last edited by SisMorphine on June 19th, 2006, 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 18th, 2006, 11:21 am

How fun! Wally really is striking. I wish you had some video of him racing/trotting!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » June 18th, 2006, 11:30 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:How fun! Wally really is striking. I wish you had some video of him racing/trotting!

Well they took a DVD of it and they're supposed to mail it in about a month. If I can figure out how to pull it off of the DVD I'll post it. I can't wait to see it myself!
Oh and thanks for the compliment on him. I like to think he's pretty damn handsom myself :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby pocketpit » June 18th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! I like the idea and it's obvious that Wally approved too :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » June 18th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Those are great pics. Thank you for sharing, I bet he had a blast!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 18th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Wow looks like all had a great day. That is so nice they have a day for the hounds to get back on track! COOL!
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » June 18th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Go Wally go! :clap:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Purple » June 18th, 2006, 8:03 pm

That is so cool!
After seeing his race pics from today, no wonder he's retired....bahahahaha!
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » June 18th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Purple wrote:That is so cool!
After seeing his race pics from today, no wonder he's retired....bahahahaha!

LOL!

Well they weren't running Swifty (aka: the lure) so that was pretty unfair. And also for races 3 and on they at least had a recording of the sound of the lure. They had nothing for poor Wally. Plus he's a gentleman and believes in ladies first . . . :wink:
SisMorphine

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 18th, 2006, 11:42 pm

I love Wally. I always enjoy looking at his pictures.

BTW, do you have a gazillion different collars for him or what?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 19th, 2006, 7:33 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:BTW, do you have a gazillion different collars for him or what?

If I had to count I'd say I have around 10-ish. It must be a Greyhound thing, but I know people that have 20+ collars for their dogs. One for every occassion and a few "dailies" to swap out as necessary.

In these pictures he's wearing his punk rock collar, which also doubles as a Halloween collar.
SisMorphine

Postby Magnolia618 » June 19th, 2006, 8:21 am

rofl The racing pictures had me spitting out my coffee!
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 19th, 2006, 9:13 am

SisMorphine wrote:
If I had to count I'd say I have around 10-ish. It must be a Greyhound thing, but I know people that have 20+ collars for their dogs. One for every occassion and a few "dailies" to swap out as necessary.

In these pictures he's wearing his punk rock collar, which also doubles as a Halloween collar.

Boy, he's not spoiled at all. :wink: I wish my dogs had so many collars!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 19th, 2006, 10:28 am

Those are GREAT!!!!! He looks like he is having so much fun!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Hoyden » June 19th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Wally looks like he's having a blast!

Guess what my buddy at Tandy leather gave me? Something yummy for Wally's collars!!!

I can't touch it until I finish my website, but Mr. Wally is going to be testing out some super yummy velvet suede to see if it's nice on his neck.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 19th, 2006, 1:21 pm

How fun! I love Wally, he's so handsome!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby muse » June 19th, 2006, 10:58 pm

Awww, I bet that was soo much fun to watch. I LOVE watching Jesse running full out so he must just be gorgeous to watch stride. Great pics!!

I heart Wally. :clap:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » June 20th, 2006, 8:06 am

Those singing pictures are hysterical!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » June 20th, 2006, 8:36 am

Purple wrote:Those singing pictures are hysterical!!!!

I tried to get video but my camera died. I'll have to get video at the next walk and post it. It's so much fun when Wally gets the whole group going.
SisMorphine

Postby Jesseca » June 20th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Those are great pictures. It looks like he had a good time. :clap: How fun! :D
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members