This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

What editing option would you like?

Set amount of time
82%
Until a reply is posted
18%

Total votes : 22

Postby turtle » June 15th, 2006, 12:53 am

mnp13 wrote:Again, what need would anyone have to edit a post that has been up for a day?

Well, I suppose I am odd but I do go back and remove my photos after a week or so once I think everyone has seen them. I do not like picture theft and you do get folks looking from all over on the net and many will steal your pics and use them as their own.

I don't post pics very often for that reason. But having the Edit button meant I could go in and remove them after a certain length of time. So for me, I would vote to have an Edit button that works at any time. But I can see where it can be abused by those who want to cause trouble.

Oh, and I did not vote since I am not keen on either choice.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 15th, 2006, 9:08 am

gf turtle wrote:Well, I suppose I am odd but I do go back and remove my photos after a week or so once I think everyone has seen them. I do not like picture theft and you do get folks looking from all over on the net and many will steal your pics and use them as their own.

hmmm... that's an interesting point. though the other way to do that is change the name of your images.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby turtle » June 15th, 2006, 10:50 am

mnp13 wrote:
gf turtle wrote:Well, I suppose I am odd but I do go back and remove my photos after a week or so once I think everyone has seen them. I do not like picture theft and you do get folks looking from all over on the net and many will steal your pics and use them as their own.

hmmm... that's an interesting point. though the other way to do that is change the name of your images.

But to change the name of the images means I have to know how to do it. I am not at all computer literate!

Maybe the right to have an Edit button could be earned by being a long standing member? It seems like most problems are new folks who come looking for trouble.

turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 15th, 2006, 2:20 pm

gf turtle wrote:Maybe the right to have an Edit button could be earned by being a long standing member? It seems like most problems are new folks who come looking for trouble.

That's not a bad idea, but is management heavy for the admins.

The main source is the people here looking for problems, but there is more than one person covering their tracks during arguements.

It's still up in the air, we just want some input from members.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bahamutt99 » June 16th, 2006, 2:20 am

I favor the edit being available for a certain period of time, but how long would that be? Another thing I was thinking is that for people who have a running post about something -- like a project or a donation drive, whatever -- they may prefer to go back and edit every time there's updates, instead of making a new post. Either way, it'd be nice to get the edit button back.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby DemoDick » June 16th, 2006, 10:14 am

bahamutt99 wrote:I favor the edit being available for a certain period of time, but how long would that be? Another thing I was thinking is that for people who have a running post about something -- like a project or a donation drive, whatever -- they may prefer to go back and edit every time there's updates, instead of making a new post. Either way, it'd be nice to get the edit button back.

Isn't it back? It should be...

the amount of time would depend on what we want - 10 minutes, 20, 50... I can set it.

Good point on the "running post" thing though.
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby mnp13 » June 16th, 2006, 11:36 am

oops! that last one was me! "someone" forgot to log out.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bahamutt99 » June 16th, 2006, 11:54 am

Its back. :clap:
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 16th, 2006, 12:05 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:Its back. :clap:

It has been for three days :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » June 16th, 2006, 12:57 pm

We have decided on a solution. In an effort to not punish the responsible people, I will be adding a mod that will save all edited posts. I will be able to restore the posts if someone abuses the edit feature. That individual will then lose edit priviledges indefinately.

PLEASE, report any posts that have been changed to "hide" content. We will look into it and make a determination.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bahamutt99 » June 16th, 2006, 4:45 pm

mnp13 wrote:
bahamutt99 wrote:Its back. :clap:

It has been for three days :D

I've had insomnia quite a bit lately. Things just don't sink in, LOL. Like when I saw the milk was all gone and then got very surprised when I later saw the milk was all gone. If something was up with my dog, I would notice. Everything else is more or less superfluous right now, until I get some real sleep.

:hammer:
~~~
[b]Lindsay
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby turtle » June 16th, 2006, 8:09 pm

mnp13 wrote:We have decided on a solution. In an effort to not punish the responsible people, I will be adding a mod that will save all edited posts. I will be able to restore the posts if someone abuses the edit feature. That individual will then lose edit priviledges indefinately.

That's a good idea!

I really don't see why the majority who do not abuse the EDIT button should be punished becasue of the actions of a few. This sounds like a workable way to do it.

Thanks for keeping the EDIT button!

(and yes I had noticed it was back everywhere a few days ago. I think you only had it off this section for a bit, right?)

turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 16th, 2006, 10:37 pm

gf turtle wrote:I really don't see why the majority who do not abuse the EDIT button should be punished becasue of the actions of a few. This sounds like a workable way to do it.

Yup... it was WAY too BSL-ish for me.

gf turtle wrote:(and yes I had noticed it was back everywhere a few days ago. I think you only had it off this section for a bit, right?)

Yes, this was the only section where it was gone.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk