Susie Ready for Adoption

Postby savagem » June 15th, 2006, 11:30 pm

Don't have an updated picture of Susie today, but she is ready to go as well. I'll attach an older pic I have of her. She has plumped right up, has normal stools, no more hooks or roundworms, and she has been spayed. Since her spay she seems much more mellow and has been getting along very well with all of my dogs except for my alpha female, with whom she has no contact. Susie is between one and two years old, and about 50 pounds now that she is up to normal weight. She is extremely affectionate with humans, and has shown no aggression whatsoever. She gets along with male dogs very well, although she is still a bit food aggressive. She also gets along just fine with my second spayed female who is very mellow. She has a very high prey drive so I'm looking for a home without cats. [img][img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/savagem13/IM002079.jpg[/img][/img]
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » June 16th, 2006, 8:37 am

more pics of susie!!! please.. she is beautiful...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 16th, 2006, 9:21 am

I hope she gets a loving forever home ASAP.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby savagem » June 16th, 2006, 10:41 am

I will get some new pics of Susie today. She is a very pretty girl, and has filled out beautifully now that she is worm-free and her pups are no longer nursing. Just wish her teats would go down. They make this awful flapping sound when she runs! :o I know it can take forever for this to happen, but she'd be so much more appealing without those yucky things. :)
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » June 16th, 2006, 10:43 am

have you tried a spring pole to help her get some muscle back and shrink her teats? that might work
Maryellen
I live here

Postby savagem » June 16th, 2006, 10:43 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:I hope she gets a loving forever home ASAP.

Me too. She is a very deserving girl who did a wonderful job raising her pups despite tons of stress in her life. She is also becoming MUCH more mellow around other dogs now that she has been spayed and her hormones are returning to normal. And with people she has remained the perfect dog--sweet, gentle, obedient, no aggression whatsoever even around food and high-value treats. She deserves the best. I'm glad that I stuck it out with her even though it was really horrible for a while there.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby savagem » June 16th, 2006, 10:46 am

Maryellen wrote:have you tried a spring pole to help her get some muscle back and shrink her teats? that might work

Never used a spring pole and not really sure I even know what one is. How would I set one up? Susie is at least showing some interest in chasing a ball now, although she lets the other dogs get it every time. At least she runs alongside them when the chase after it. She can play peacefully with Blaze and with my non-alpha female, so I throw the ball for all three of them. Blaze is really very fond of her. I think he has a little crush. :)
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » June 16th, 2006, 11:22 am

i think in the training section someone posted how to make a springpole, its a pole, springs, with rope and a toy/tire/whatever on the end the dogs grab and hang on.. let me try to find one for you.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » June 16th, 2006, 12:53 pm

If you are handy you can make a 'sleeve' to go around her belly. That will help the skin retract. the flopping around will keep stretching the skin out.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Rescue