Just when you thought..........

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Miakoda » June 9th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Just when you thought you'd seen it all. (this is story #2 for the day :D ). While I was at the clinic earlier just gossiping & cathcing up on the "clinic drama", I also got to see something that I never imagined would occur.

Here in Baton Rouge, we have a "lovely" pet store called Pet Land that sells purebred & fashionable mixed breed dogs for a high price. (we won't go into detail on how many of those were diagnosed with either distermper or parvo at our clinic despite being "vet checked" :evil: ). Anyways, I go into a room with 1 of the vets to see this tiny little puppy & guess what the hell it was.....a Shih-Fon. :shock: Yup folks, a Shih Tzu/Brussels Griffon mix. And a lovely little pup it was too all for a measly $1,300. Can you believe it? This idiot woman not only bought a dog from a pet store, but a freakin mutt at that! And the price had a comma in it!

BTW, the dog had hooks, rounds, coccidia & kennel cough. :rant:
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » June 9th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Damn pet stores. :evil:

We have several in this area and the most recent ad in the newspaper said "Free $50 Gas Card with Purchase." WTF?!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby 04100824 » June 9th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Marinepits wrote:Damn pet stores. :evil:

We have several in this area and the most recent ad in the newspaper said "Free $50 Gas Card with Purchase." WTF?!

ya know...

I was trying to think of something to say for this. Some use for the gas card possibly... some reason this would make some sort of sense...

but no. It's retarded, pure and simple.

Now if they were offering a $75 card I'm SO there! :elephant:
Confident Young Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 9th, 2006, 8:57 pm

But it cost $1,300 that must mean it's better! :hammer:

Lemme guess, it came with papers from some hybrid association and the owners think it's a purebred?
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm

That's it. I'm going to breed Riggs.

I just need to figure out what breed will give the cutest hyphenated name so I can make $1,000 a puppy. I'll have my house paid off in no time!

Any suggestions?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » June 9th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Shih Tzu = Bull Shih t

Poodle = Bull poo
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 9th, 2006, 10:18 pm

shitzu - sh*t pit
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby GSDBulldog » June 9th, 2006, 10:24 pm

To make those many trips to the vet, obviously.

If it's any consolodation, someone around here produced a litter of "Pidoodles", thats right- APBT/Standard Poodle.
GSDBulldog
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » June 9th, 2006, 10:27 pm

GSDBulldog wrote:

If it's any consolodation, someone around here produced a litter of "Pidoodles", thats right- APBT/Standard Poodle.

Silly me! Of course! :doh:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Hoyden » June 9th, 2006, 10:47 pm

GSDBulldog wrote:

Now THAT is truly frightening!

A curly coated dog that is dog and human aggressive with a tendency to guard.

BTW - Standard Poodles are on my personal Bad Dog list. The vet I worked for in Italy used to muzzle almost all of the standard poodles that came into the office. My husband has a scar on his face from an unprovoked bite by his aunt's standard poodle.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby bahamutt99 » June 10th, 2006, 8:54 am

Yeah, I went on a little tirade at my husband when we walked into the Southern Agriculture the other day and there was a new mag, "Designer Dogs, America's favorite!" or something like that.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Verderben » June 15th, 2006, 10:21 am

Miakoda wrote:Just when you thought you'd seen it all. (this is story #2 for the day :D ). While I was at the clinic earlier just gossiping & cathcing up on the "clinic drama", I also got to see something that I never imagined would occur.

Here in Baton Rouge, we have a "lovely" pet store called Pet Land that sells purebred & fashionable mixed breed dogs for a high price. (we won't go into detail on how many of those were diagnosed with either distermper or parvo at our clinic despite being "vet checked" :evil: ). Anyways, I go into a room with 1 of the vets to see this tiny little puppy & guess what the hell it was.....a Shih-Fon. :shock: Yup folks, a Shih Tzu/Brussels Griffon mix. And a lovely little pup it was too all for a measly $1,300. Can you believe it? This idiot woman not only bought a dog from a pet store, but a freakin mutt at that! And the price had a comma in it!

BTW, the dog had hooks, rounds, coccidia & kennel cough. :rant:

It's an ongoing thing here with these crappy pet stores. My friend and I make our rounds every few weeks to keep tabs on them. We got one shut down for quite awhile. They just opened back up recently :evil: The one we are going to today gors to all of the mill auctions and buys up all the cheap dogs and offers them for sale THE NEXT DAY ! It is sad and sick. I wish we could get all of them shut down for good. and I wish people would do research and stop buying these designer mutts. I am a groomer and see these dogs everyday. They are not that special and no better than any of the mutts from the pound. I had a goldendoodle come in the other day totally matted that needed shaved. and the people got pissed and told me how this was supposed to be a low maintenence dog . Which I told them was wrong. I tried to explain when you mix a breed that sheds alot with a breed that holds the coat in it is gonna mat up very easily and will need daily brushing. They didnt like that. Oh and RE the shaving... The woman was mad and told me that her dog is " a designer dog and is supposed to look like a movie star not a rat" Those are her exact words. Some days I hate my job ......
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Verderben » June 15th, 2006, 10:23 am

mnp13 wrote:That's it. I'm going to breed Riggs.

I just need to figure out what breed will give the cutest hyphenated name so I can make $1,000 a puppy. I'll have my house paid off in no time!

Any suggestions?

hahah me and my friends were laughing about breeding poo-pits ( poop its , get it lol )
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Carla » June 15th, 2006, 4:27 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:Yeah, I went on a little tirade at my husband when we walked into the Southern Agriculture the other day and there was a new mag, "Designer Dogs, America's favorite!" or something like that.

Oh yeah, this is big business now, there is LOTS of money being made and it's NOT going away. The marketing is very slick.

"Purebred" dogs are no longer the epitome of dogdom or the most valued or "coolest" thing to have. These mixes are UNIQUE. The public like unique along with maximum cuteness.

Carla
Carla
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Carla » June 15th, 2006, 4:28 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:Yeah, I went on a little tirade at my husband when we walked into the Southern Agriculture the other day and there was a new mag, "Designer Dogs, America's favorite!" or something like that.

Oh yeah, this is big business now, there is LOTS of money being made and it's NOT going away. The marketing is very slick.

"Purebred" dogs are no longer the epitome of dogdom or the most valued or "coolest" thing to have. These mixes are UNIQUE. The public like unique along with maximum cuteness.

Carla
Carla
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 15th, 2006, 5:34 pm

I was flipping through the pet classifieds in yesterdays paper, and I saw a "dober-doodle" and a "palm-doodle." Doberdoodle I can figure out (and trying to imagine it is terrifying!) but what the hell is a palm-doodle??? Did they mean pom-doodle (as in pomeranian)? Or is there a dog with "palm" in its name???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 15th, 2006, 5:47 pm

This is kind of OT but on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno a couple weeks ago he was doing the headlines and someone sent in a classified ad they cut out of the newspaper for a....

"Palm Iranian"

Obviously meant to be Pomeranian. But still, how dumb are people
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Malli » June 15th, 2006, 6:25 pm

We only have one pet store in town that sells dogs and we see the same issues.

mainly parvo, because of course you have to clean like every inch of everything to get rid of it. A couple of us even suspect they had a puppy returned for seizuring and, take a breath, re-sold it. yep, thats right, we had the same breed of dog, looked the same, come in at 5 mo.'s old seizuring.

The same store also had bulldog puppies for $3000. I can't imagine what issues those dogs are going to have later in life, since what good breeder in their right mind would sell their dogs to a pet store, and we all know how difficult it is to get that breed healthy even with a good breeder who TRIES for health.

We also had a dog in the other day, a multi-poo. He came in seizuring, they'd had him in at another vet's before, and that vet told them to put him on a low protein diet, they got no other tests. And then, they bred him. Then he seizured again. Guess his change in diet didnt' fix it. He was also covered in mats, and had THE WORST SA and behavior.
lovely breeding stock, just freakin' lovely.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pit Bull Talk