Anyone have Pitbull + small breed dog?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby cheekymunkee » June 15th, 2006, 12:39 pm

When he gets super excited he snorts like a pig and seems to be having a hard time breathing, but my other dogs do it as well so I don't think it's just a Boson thing. If I tilt their head up and plug their nose that usually cures it.

That sounds like a reverse sneeze. Munkee does that & it is scary sounding ( and looking, his whole body convulses). Both pit bulls snort like pigs but Munkee is the only one who sneezes like that.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby toomanypitties » June 15th, 2006, 12:49 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
When he gets super excited he snorts like a pig and seems to be having a hard time breathing, but my other dogs do it as well so I don't think it's just a Boson thing. If I tilt their head up and plug their nose that usually cures it.

That sounds like a reverse sneeze. Munkee does that & it is scary sounding ( and looking, his whole body convulses). Both pit bulls snort like pigs but Munkee is the only one who sneezes like that.

Yup, and they look at you like they're scared.
Lately all of my dogs seem to be doing it alot....and regular sneezing too. Especially when they are first let out of their crate. I did clean the carpets, maybe they don't like the smell of the cleaner or something. Apparently the fragrance of "pee" suited them better. Who knows?
toomanypitties
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 15th, 2006, 1:57 pm

It really more so depends on both dogs and their personalities more so than the actual size or breed. I have seen a lot of really fiesty little dogs that I don't think would fair well with most APBTs but others that fit right in.

I have all APBTs plus a cat who thinks she is a pit bull :wink:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 15th, 2006, 3:04 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I have all APBTs plus a cat who thinks she is a pit bull :wink:

My Siamese also thinks she is a pitbull, and she's dog aggressive :laugh1:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » June 15th, 2006, 8:31 pm

I have two pit bulls, and a shih tzu that thinks he's a pit bull. lol Seriously... He gets zoomies and wrestles with the pit bulls all day. Crazy little buggar has huge muscles! I made a weight pull harness for him a while back and he easily pulled two gallons of water. If his legs werent so frucked up, I would have continued with it.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Emi » June 16th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Miss Dottie seems to perfer dogs her size or smaller , if they are bigger then her she wants to play "Queen"...

But she get's along with every one still :)

And she loves cats ... 8)
Emi
Full of Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk