This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Are your dogs allowed on the furniture?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 46

Postby piperstubbys » June 8th, 2006, 12:20 am

Both of them are allowed on the furniture right now and sleep with us or my daughter in the bed every night. But, we will soon be getting a new sofa and that will be off limits for them. Right now we don't have a sofa, just recliners.
piperstubbys
Just Whelped

Postby AllAmericanPUP » June 8th, 2006, 12:41 am

yes all of mine are allowed on all the furniture..and my bed

sometimes i think making them stay off the furntiure would be nice because then it wouldnt be covered in dog hair and i wouldnt have to vaccuum it all the time but whats the fun in that :| lol
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby msvette2u » June 8th, 2006, 9:47 am

We got that new(er) microsuede fabric that doesn't allow dog hair to get into the cushions so the dog hair, what does get on it, remains sort of on the top of the fabric. We got it specifically because of all the dog hair in here. I don't know if Aussies have double coats but the sheps and Libby do. The undercoat floats around while the guard hairs stick to everything.
I highly recommend this fabric if you're in the market for new furniture. It cleans easily too.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby pittymomma » June 8th, 2006, 11:55 am

All my gang is allowed on the furniture. I too have microsuede and I DO NOT recommend it to dog owners. It in time traps in smell more than say a burberry fabric would. If people are going to be buying new sofas and own dogs that will climb all over drool, etc I would recommend a distressed leather so any nail scratches just add to it.

Here is a pic of the abuse my furniture takes.
Coffee vs Hank
pittymomma
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » June 8th, 2006, 11:57 am

pittymomma wrote:All my gang is allowed on the furniture. I too have microsuede and I DO NOT recommend it to dog owners. It in time traps in smell more than say a burberry fabric would. If people are going to be buying new sofas and own dogs that will climb all over drool, etc I would recommend a distressed leather so any nail scratches just add to it.

Coffee vs Hank

omg that is the BEST!!! I cracked up when I saw this!!! :clap:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » June 8th, 2006, 12:23 pm

That is too freaking funny!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 8th, 2006, 12:31 pm

the bed but not the couch
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Jenn » June 8th, 2006, 1:19 pm

I voted yes, but would have went with sometimes. On the couch, they are allowed if I'm in the mood, otherwise they lay underneath me on the floor. Now the bed, Ben and Maddie are both allowed, after I'm all in and comfy. Tucker has his crate, and Felina is not allowed on anything except her cat stuff.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Miakoda » June 8th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Yes, but mostly b/c my husband pushed the issue. When we bought our house & new furniture 2 years ago, I decided that with 14 dogs, they would NOT be allowed on the furniture. But..........he wanted them to be able to cuddle. Oh, & we have a material that TRAPS dog hair mind you! :evil: It's horrible. And of course all their nails created little pulls in it, but hey, gotta love 'em right? :|

However, I can honestly say that when they are told "off" they obey very well & will get off the furniture. They are also NOT allowed up when we are eating in the living room & are NOT allowed up when guests are over.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » June 8th, 2006, 6:18 pm

pittymomma wrote:All my gang is allowed on the furniture. I too have microsuede and I DO NOT recommend it to dog owners. It in time traps in smell more than say a burberry fabric would. If people are going to be buying new sofas and own dogs that will climb all over drool, etc I would recommend a distressed leather so any nail scratches just add to it.

Coffee vs Hank

That photo is hilarious!!! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby babyreba » June 8th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Counches yes, bed no.

Reba used to sleep in bed with me, but when she got too lame to get up on the bed, she started sleeping in a basket on the floor. It was so nice to sleep in a clean bed with no dog hair that I decided the dogs in my future wouldn't be allowed up.

If I want to sleep with the dogs, I pull out the futon in the TV room and we all pile on!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » June 9th, 2006, 1:27 am

They used to be. :( Since Venus, Nyx and Marz have become incontinent, I just stopped them all from coming on the furniture so the geezers wouldn't feel centered out. At night when the geezers have gone off to snooze, I will invite Tank or Arez up on the bed while we read. It freaks Arez out and she will never stay for some reason and Tank won't ever want to leave. He will pretend he is sleeping and you seriously have to push him off the bed. If he wasn't so big, I'd let him sleep up there but he always lies across the bottom so you end up sleeping with your knees in your chin all night. I bought Tank his own little bed to put beside our bed and he loves it. :D He's such a geek.
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » June 9th, 2006, 8:47 am

LOL, Coffee and Hank pic, you expect to hear that HOOOOWAAAAAAAAA!karate scream! Too funny!

Mine all get on the furnature. Tess will actually knock OVER the couch and chair when hucklbutting around, she banks off the backs and over they go! We have a $7 denim slip cover from the Salvo on the $60 flea market couch. I really would like leather, and now that our couch digging dog has passed on we may get some new furnature. I didn't see the point of spending several grand just to see it ripped up. My husband would have a cow, and I don't blame him.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby call2arms » June 9th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Jessie has her own chair: Image which is cotton I think. We put blankets (that never stay in place) on it, I think we'll ask MIL to make a cover with a zipper on it or something.

She is not allowed on the couch though, my boyfriend hates dog hair (heh) but sometimes if I'm sick and watching tv and want to cuddle, I'll just put ablanket on the couch and invite her on.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Luokkala » June 13th, 2006, 7:50 am

Ok long time no post, but I'm going to try and keep up with two forums again.

Mine can if they want to - Zoey LIVES on the furniture, especially the couch, and sleeps with me on my nights off. The older labs can't get on the furniture well, so they don't, but would if they were able. They have cozy beds on the floor though.
Luokkala
Just Whelped

Postby Marty » June 13th, 2006, 11:18 pm

Yeah I have to slide over sometimes, Rufus has slept with me and Nancy from 6 weeks old, hes never been rained on, he's scared of lightining and thunder and guns. and hes over 4 yrs old, hes my bed buddy though lol he wakes me all times of the night for me to lift the covers so he can get under it.

The best thing about this is he wakes me at night when anything goes on outside, when you knock on my door theres no way for me not to know it Rufus goes nutts.
Marty
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby JCleve86 » June 14th, 2006, 12:35 am

No, under no circumstances are dogs allowed off the furniture.

You can see Molly utilizes the full potential of bed privelages...snuggles right into the regular AND body pillows and if possible, under the covers. This was BEFORE I let them sleep on my bed, BTW. Apparently she didn't get the memo. (And apparently that was when I had mixed bedding...unmatching pillows and my quilt from my dorm at Western...ack!)

I tied them up to the garage when I was washing my car a few days back so they could get some fresh air and be outside (we live in a 2nd story apartment). What do they do? Look pathetic and then jump into the back seat and park it until I was finished.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » June 14th, 2006, 7:46 am

Man.... you guys are making me miss snoozin' with the girls. I don't even think the three old geezers could get on the bed anymore. :(
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » June 14th, 2006, 8:17 am

they grow up so fast :shock:
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby FruitbatMom » June 14th, 2006, 9:01 am

Yes, all of mine are allowed on furniture. Skittle is crated when I go to bed because she has to be separated from my newf mix, and the newf mix gets run of the house at night.
FruitbatMom
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk