Marbles found

Postby pocketpit » June 12th, 2006, 9:50 am

Today was both a happy day and a sad day for our household. Our mastiff friend was able to be reunited with his owners. He's been gone for 2 1/2 weeks and they were very happy to get him back but our house is very empty now :(

I gave his owners the proper paperwork to get his chip registered so he can be reunited quicker if he ever gets out again. On an aside note would any of you thought he was a Presa? That's what they told me he was and I would have never guessed it. I knew something wasn't quite right in the Bull Mastiff department but just figured he was poorly bred.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » June 12th, 2006, 9:55 am

a presa?? he looked more mastiff to me.. presa's look more like pits on steriods.. we had 2 in our training class, and they didnt look like mastiffs at all..
that is great his family was really concerned.. now this leaves more time for you to post more Mercy pictures, and since you said Crash wasnt handsome, more pics of him too...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » June 12th, 2006, 9:55 am

Oh, I'm sure it would be safe to say you didn't find all your marbles! :D
Purple
I live here

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » June 12th, 2006, 10:35 am

So what was his real name???
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 12th, 2006, 10:42 am

Awwww! He was so handsome. I'm glad his owners were looking for him, though.

His story made me realize that I haven't registered Wally's microchip yet, I don't even know where the paperwork is. Maybe my mom has it . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby rockermom » June 12th, 2006, 11:06 am

SisMorphine wrote:Awwww! He was so handsome. I'm glad his owners were looking for him, though.

His story made me realize that I haven't registered Wally's microchip yet, I don't even know where the paperwork is. Maybe my mom has it . . .

You dont need paperwork. My dad just registered his rescued dog who already had a chip. Vet scanned itgave him the # and he went online with the # and registered his dog. No having to prove ownership.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » June 12th, 2006, 11:07 am

So where did he turn out to be from. I remember you saying something about him possibly traveling a long distance?
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby pocketpit » June 12th, 2006, 4:38 pm

His real name was Tonka and the family was military hence the chip being from Maryland and finding him in WA. They originally lived in Virgina for a while with him and then moved to Georgia which is where they moved here from. She said the airline fee alone for his flight was $600! Apparently a friend of the husband came to visit and left their front gate open so that when they answered the knock on the door, he bulldozed out the door to discover freedom awaiting him.
We gave them out number and offered our services as a dogsitter if they ever need it :)
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Violet » June 12th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Awww..I love happy endings! (and its nice to hear of a military couple that are GOOD pet owners)
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Asta » June 14th, 2006, 5:04 am

Oh i am a sucker for a great ending too :D They must have been so thankful to you and your family!!! How did you or they finally figure out that Tonka (good name btw) was with you?

Cheers,

Asa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pocketpit » June 15th, 2006, 2:39 am

They got lucky! They left a message on our rescue's answering machine saying that they were notifiying us that they'd lost their dog in case we'd heard anything or he showed up.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Return to Rescue