Got Jenny's health records

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby msvette2u » June 13th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Apparently she was due for a vaccine but they didn't do it due to an overwhelming ear infection!
I can't believe they didn't shave her ears when they had her in the clinic and sedated, that was in MAY and you can tell nothing was shaved off. I brought a collie into one of our local vet's for a deep ear clean and they shaved off all the hair off around the ear canal!
Her history is pretty typical of this breed-ongoing ear issues. Owner unable to clean ears thoroughly, or properly, apparently she didn't know how to use a muzzle and that a 30# dog should be able to be handled by one if not two people :)
Anyway they did repeated culture/sensitivity and got Pseudomonas from the ear canals, big surprise. Just general GUNK.
We used the concoction we posted up here a few days ago and are rinsing, rinsing, rinsing. She has gunk in there but I think part of it is the old medicine which had been caked up inside and on the inside flap of her ear. Hence the shaving of the ear, INSIDE and out. I got as much hair off as I could. Now I guess just hope for the best. Poor old girl. She should have had much more aggressive treatment years ago for this problem!!!
Oh and one other interesting item, she had a cruciate ligament surgery in 2003.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jesseca » June 13th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Oh poor Jenny
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 13th, 2006, 7:53 pm

I'm glad she is doing better! Poor gal :o
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Nutrition & Health