Tallulah and Jack flyball brag

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby dogcrazyjen » June 12th, 2006, 8:32 am

Well, just got back from a very long flyball weekend. I ran Jack on two teams, all heats (well, I ran him one team, and another team member ran him on Tallulahs team.

Tallulah ran on one team, and ran every heat. She earned her Flyball Dog Excellent title, the 6th Bull Terrier to do so, and now has over 250 points. We started with a scare, a Leonberger (looks like a massive red Newfoundland) was practicing in the other lane and Tallulah took off after it, chasing next to it in love. She was quite smitten, even though he didn't give her a glance! However, when I put her on the line in the actual race, she turned that tunnel vision to the box and pretty much it stayed there the rest of the weekend. She bobbled a few that went in the other lane, but she turned away from the ball to return to me when it crossed in the other lane. She was brillient.

The second to last race, a Jack Russel from our own team got away from his owner and went after her while she was obliviously tugging her basketball. Luckily, I just bought her a new harness, and was holding it AND paying attention (unlike his owner) and held her up so she couldn't retaliate, then finally got her in my arms. The little b*stard was leaping up at her butt even while I held her in my arms! Those jacks have BALLS let me tell you. She could have killed it in about 2 seconds if she really wanted to! THEN she raced 3 perfect heats the next race! She really has got the sport down :D

Oh, and her last touney, her average time was 7.2 seconds, with a best of 6.8. This tourney she averaged 5.8 seconds, with a personal best 5.4 seconds!!!!

Jack earned over 900 points, ran awesome, but was not happy to be running for someone else. I think I will have my hubby run him next time, I think he would love to run for him. Jack just didn't like running for the teammate, and she was doing everything she could to make it fun for him. I guess he really DOES like me!

There was a gorgeous black staffy bull, she was really cute, and very fast. I saw one pit, a blue and white, who ran very nice, consistant and fast. Tallulah got to go head to head with her twice! THAT was a cool race, I wish I could have watched it better, but I was too busy running her.

I do have a couple of pics, I will ask hubby to help me get them up tonight. They had a professional photographer there, and he got beautiful pics of both of them.

Oh Purple, I think Kathy and I are going to put Tallulah & Pansy in Barks with thier new titles!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 12th, 2006, 8:39 am

congradulations!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » June 12th, 2006, 8:49 am

:clap: :clap: Congratulations! Hurry up with the pictures :D
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby luvmyangels » June 12th, 2006, 8:56 am

That is great!!! Congrats!!! :mrHappy:
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby pocketpit » June 12th, 2006, 9:41 am

Sounds like you had a lot of fun (and the dogs did too), congratulations on your new title!!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 12th, 2006, 9:46 am

:clap: :clap:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » June 12th, 2006, 9:51 am

Very cool! Congratulations!!

The end of June is on its way, we have to pick a date!
Purple
I live here

Postby a-bull » June 12th, 2006, 10:57 am

I think flyball rocks!! Congrats!

I don't know who has more fun doing it? The owners or the dogs!! Looks like a ball!!!

:clap:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Cuda » June 12th, 2006, 11:01 am

Many many CONGRATS.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby dogcrazyjen » June 12th, 2006, 1:16 pm

We are meeting with another person June 20th, it is a week early, but we will be there.

Try for Tuesday of the last week? I will ask Kathy if she is ok with that day.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 12th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Yay!!! Can't wait to see pics!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » June 12th, 2006, 6:52 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:We are meeting with another person June 20th, it is a week early, but we will be there.

Try for Tuesday of the last week? I will ask Kathy if she is ok with that day.

As in the 27th? I can do that, if you can!
Purple
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » June 13th, 2006, 9:39 am

Yup, good for us, I will PM you with directions.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Return to Sports