So here it is as requested.
I get so frustrated with all of the infighting the in APBT community.
As noted in my previous post!
We cannot alienate anyone anymore. We need to ban everyone possible together. BYBers have money and money is what we need to fight for the survival of this breed. Yet rescues fight with breeders, etical breeders fight with bybers, blue owners fight with red, amstaff with APBT, UKC with ADBA, You name it and it is causing separation of ONE BIG COMMUNITY.
I know it is hard to get past the propaganda and see what I am saying. I am not saying support the BYBers. I am saying stop fighting them and join together with them under a common cause.
Its true eliminating the BYBer might solve BSL if it had happened 20 years ago but it is too late. We have one hope to presserve the future of the breed and that is to unite as one community. Blue, red, rescue, BSL, breeder, conformation, working, game, pet, EVERYONE!
Oweing this thought process to various individuals including Odnarbo the idea was spawned that the National American Pit Bull Terrier Association is a member driven Association that is directly associated with the United Kennel Club.
The UKC controls APBT registration to the tune of about 150,000 APBT per year (including litter, transfers, SDR, ILP etc).
The idea is that if we can boister the strength of the NAPBTA by fueling it with members dedicated toward fighting BSL that we could leverage the UKC and working with them and through them we could do several key points.
1. Through working with the UKC we can send out requests to all APBT owners to join the NAPBTA. This futher increases the strength of the Association.
2. Through the same process we could send out education materials to all owners. This was the idea behind the growing Encyclopedia of the APBT. How to care for the APBT in the modern age!
3. Working with the UKC we could establish a BSL fee on every APBT (heck maybe on every targeted breed) registration, transfer of ownership, Single dog registration, litter registration etc.
4. We could use this accumulation of BSL funds to promote research and to support Lobby efforts. imagine a $5 extra fee tacked on to those 150,000 APBT interactions! We would have just a little bit of power then!!!
5. The UKC has a lobbiest already and adding a few more to the mix using these funds would not hurt.
6. We could enact changes to promote more responsible breeding, promote CGC (or a UKC version of it) for pit bulls. etc etc.
Because the NAPBTA is member driven we would all get the credit for it's success!
OK so all of you have APBTs or even if you dont. Join the NAPBTA http://www.napbta.com
ILP all your unregistered dogs as APBT, Single register your ADBA or AKC dogs. Let's drive membership in the NAPBTA up to 1000 members then we will have some real power to enact changes from within the infrastructure of registered dogs.