Khan - ATFU

Postby GreddyGirl » June 10th, 2006, 8:39 am

Pet Name: Khan

Breed: American Staffordshire Terrier,Pit Bull Terrier Mix
size: Medium
sex: Male (neutered)

bio:
Khan is just over a year old and extremely happy! A tail wagger extraordnaire!

Though very excited to be around other playful puppies, we are Obedience I Certified, passing with flying collars. At home, Khan doesn't jump up often, and has absolutely mastered all the basic commands (sit, down, off, stay, come) and on our own, we learned turn, please and how to play hide and seek with his toys! This is one of his favorite games. He'll drop his toy for you and wait for a chance to find it again. He's a smarty pants, he needs to be challenged! (I can't get him to roll over for anything - he's so clumsy!)

Khan is crate trained, but is fine to leave out alone during the day or night as well. As long as he's taken out regularly he rarely has accidents. He LOVES to snuggle, and with his little eyes staring at you it's one paw up, head on lap. Other paw up...and then all of a sudden you've got a warm pile of snoring puppy putty on your lap.

He loves to chew, but normally doesn't chew anything that isn't his, he has options and knows the difference between his toys and random barbies left on the floor. Oh, he's got a weak spot for anything stuffed, so Teddy beware, don't stay on the floor. Khan has SO much fun digging for fluff! (it took us two doggie beds to learn this the hard way-he's fine with fleece blankets)

His favourite treat is cheese, and anytime you play with him! We don't give him much "people food" but a spoon of plain yogurt mixed with his Nutro Lamb and Rice now and then keeps him healthy and interested.

Khan is extremely ball driven. He loves to play catch and we've taught him not to jump at the ball in your hand. He runs around chasing sticks and zooming laps around trees, you and anything else he can pretend he knows not to run into.

On walks, Khan is good with his prong collar and is getting used to his muzzle, but he's not a big fan. He's very curious outside and is still for the moment extremely excited around other dogs. Khan has a tendency to be vocal, but NOT aggressive. He rarely barks, but he has a strong "warble" and a tough tail to greet you and others with! When company calls, I will sometimes put his leash on him to help me teach him not to jump. He gets VERY excited and happy. Some people are a little shy around him and he needs to learn to respect this.

All in all, Khan has so much love and energy to give, he works hard and plays harder. Although he gets super excited around visitors, he is amazing with kids, doesn't chew, likes to hang his tongue out and smile, doesn't drool, will stare at you when he needs to go out, stays out of garbage, follows you around, snuggles at bedtime and wakes up happy! Please take good care of Khan, we've worked hard to allow him to be the great dog he is today, and rest assured he'll do his best to take care of you too!

bad habits:
Khan does not like getting his nails cut.
We have been working on desensitising him and he is getting better.
One nail at a time!

any health concerns:
This pet is up to date with routine shots.
This pet is already house trained.
This pet has been altered.

Adoption restrictions/requirements:
You must be 23 years of age or older to adopt Khan.

contact info:
info@advocatesfortheunderdog.com
or me
love_lylisa@hotmail.com
Last edited by GreddyGirl on June 11th, 2006, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » June 10th, 2006, 8:47 am

You write such thorough, interesting bios! I hope you can fing Khan a home he can call his own.
Purple
I live here

Postby GreddyGirl » June 10th, 2006, 8:57 am

Id love to take credit for the bio, but its from his petfinder page.

I too hope Khan finds his forever home. He really deserves it.
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby 04100824 » June 10th, 2006, 12:09 pm

23? Interresting number.
Confident Young Bully

Postby GreddyGirl » June 10th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Yeah, Im not sure why that is :|

Perhaps if someone submitted a great application that minor detail could be overlooked. Im only fostering so I dont know. Ill look into that though
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » June 10th, 2006, 1:10 pm

:clap: Sounds like an excellent little guy, and I agree it is a great bio. I hope he finds an wonderful home.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Rescue