Worlds strongest dog bone HUH! pictures

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby rockermom » June 9th, 2006, 4:09 pm

Rocky has sunk his teeth into and pulled off shards of Nylabone's Souper size Galileo worlds strongest dog bone in less than 2 minutes. I bought it as a special gift since I had to go out for the day. Cost almost $20.00. NOT SATISFIED AT ALL! Good thing they have a guarente. Too bad since Rocky just loves it. However it seems to be too soft compared to the Nylabone Knot which is the only one that has held up with him so far. Soon as my batteries charge in camera I am going to post what happened in just a few minutes. Just to see if you all think it would be normal wear.
Last edited by rockermom on June 9th, 2006, 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » June 9th, 2006, 4:28 pm

I've never bought one of those things, guess it just don't seem like my goofs would find them appealing. :|
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby rockermom » June 9th, 2006, 4:31 pm

He loves his Nylabones. THis one was just not nearly as strong as I expected it should be.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » June 9th, 2006, 4:55 pm

My guys love their nylabones and their galileos. They chew pieces off both kinds all the time. When the bones get too small or too jagged, I toss them in the garbage.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Miakoda » June 9th, 2006, 5:19 pm

My dogs found the large Gallileo bone to be more easily destructible than the normal "large" size Nylabones. :|
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby rockermom » June 9th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Marinepits wrote:My guys love their nylabones and their galileos. They chew pieces off both kinds all the time. When the bones get too small or too jagged, I toss them in the garbage.

Well yeah Rocky does chew pieces off his regular knot nyla bone but it took quite some time to really get into it. Where as the gallileo bone he got right into with deep teeth marks in a matter of minutes.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » June 9th, 2006, 5:51 pm

I have taken the bone ($20.00 at petco)away to return it. As I was taking photos Rocky was crying like a baby to have the gallileo bone. ImageBut here it is after just about 2 minutes of having it.

This is the knot nylabone($10.00 at target) he has had for months. It was just about to be replaced with the Gallileo bone. I dont know if you can see in the photo but he prefers to chew on the right side of the bone. It is worn down too much on that side. Afraid he may break a large piece off soon.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » June 9th, 2006, 5:54 pm

That's pretty much what all the bones in this house look like, LOL.

It could be he's just extra-excited to have a new toy, so he's working hard at the chewing. My guys go crazy over their new toys and play with them for a couple of hours, then the new bones join the piles on the floor and become old bones.

No, they're not spoiled much. :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Sue » June 9th, 2006, 6:48 pm

That is what our Galileo bones look like... Compared to the regular bones that would be chewed down to nubs in a couple of day.

BTW, I buy my bones and kongs from petedge.com... a lot cheaper than retail.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby katiek0417 » June 9th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Sue wrote:BTW, I buy my bones and kongs from petedge.com... a lot cheaper than retail.

Yep, yep...great deals on petedge
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby rockermom » June 9th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Hmmm the other nylabone took months to wear down. I was afraid to let him have it since within minutes small pieces are going to be eaten. I took it away since I was concerned about how fast he began eating pieces off. You all think it may be ok for him to have it.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » June 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm

i have a galilaeo bone in the house. at first rufus chewed it like crazy.. after 3 days the fad wore off.. now it just sits in the basket.. the marrow bones get more action then the nylabone
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » June 9th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Ok maybe I will give it back see what he can do to it in 3 days. He chews his nyla bone often. Every day. Like I said so far the Knot is the only one that lasted more than a month.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 9th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Our nylabones are worn down into points at one end. That bone doesn't look all that bad to me.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby rockermom » June 9th, 2006, 9:34 pm

Oh we have had a few of those also. Just this gallileo seems softer easier to dig teeth into than the regular nyla bones. I was worried about the pieces coming off already.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby anissa » June 9th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Charlie and his friend Lilly, have a deer horn. Charlie's friend has had it for ages, and its not chewed or marked up at all. they LOVE it! Im not sure if you can buy them in a store or online anywhere, but they seem to be the most indestructive chew Ive found.

Here's a picture of them sharing it..
(it looks small here, because they both have it shoved down their throats)

anissa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby 04100824 » June 10th, 2006, 12:22 pm

If you're worried about it, don't give it to him. :|

I mean, just because other poeple have them, like them and use them and have no complaints doesn't mean that you should if your mind isn't at ease with him having it.

I totally feel your pain. Reno destroys everything he loves, and I feel like crap when I have to take his toys away from him. I haven't tried giving him a Nylabone yet because he hasn't cared about any of his Kong stuff, but if yours with the knot actually made it for a month, then I'll consider giving them a shot. :)
Confident Young Bully

Postby GSDBulldog » June 10th, 2006, 2:10 pm

8) Screw the bones, the only things that have stood up in my house have been:

-Lightweight barbells
-Coconuts
-Bowling balls
-Tractor tires
GSDBulldog
Just Whelped

Postby DemoDick » June 10th, 2006, 2:14 pm

The whole point of any chew toy is that it breaks down eventually. I wouldn't give my dog something to chew on that would "last forever", because while the toy may, his teeth certainly won't.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 10th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Coconuts and bowling balls???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Next

Return to Training & Behavior