Newspaper Publishes Addresses Of Pit Bull Owners

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Marinepits » January 25th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Newspaper Publishes Addresses Of Pit Bull Owners

Raj Chohan
Reporting

Save It Email It Print It
(CBS4) COMMERCE CITY, Colo. Some dog owners in Commerce City were worried they were at risk after a newspaper published the addresses of registered pit bull owners. The newspaper said it was trying to protect people from dangerous dogs. Owners of pit bulls felt as though they've been targeted.

Pit bull owners in Commerce City recently had to spend hundreds of dollars to follow the new regulations. Toni Denham, one pit bull owner, said she spent $700 to comply with the new rules and thought she was being a good citizen.

'The Commerce City Gateway' published the home addresses of registered pit bull owners. The paper's editor stands by her decision to report the information.

Kathy McIntyre, the 'Gateway' editor, said she wanted people to be able to use caution in areas where pit bulls live. McIntyre said her research showed pit bull attacks in Commerce City happened mostly at homes where the animals live.

The names on the list are part of the public record. There's no law against publishing them.

Pit bulls are banned in Commerce City under the new regulations. Several dozens were grandfathered in and allowed to stay.

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_ ... 83736.html

Kathy McIntyre
Commerce City Gateway
PO Box 88
Commerce City, CO 80037
(720) 221-7352
(720) 221-7352
kathy@coloradobusinessalliance.com

Write those letters and emails folks!
Last edited by Marinepits on January 26th, 2006, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Romanwild » January 25th, 2006, 8:08 pm

WHAT THE smurf!!!!

Now were being listeds like sex offenders?? When are people going to wake the smurf up and fight? :cuss:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 25th, 2006, 8:19 pm

i just emailed her a letter...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 25th, 2006, 8:21 pm

her email came back as non functional
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 25th, 2006, 9:03 pm

Not having any luck here, either. Someone on another forum got through, though, so maybe her email box got flooded? There's always snail-mail! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 25th, 2006, 9:05 pm

This is such BS. :x Believe me, commerce city pit bull owners are not taking this lying down.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby luvmyangels » January 25th, 2006, 9:16 pm

That sounds like a form of discrimination to me. Which could very well lead to harrassment. That is really screwed up. :crazy2:
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby CinderDee » January 26th, 2006, 12:50 am

This is insane! :x
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby cheekymunkee » January 26th, 2006, 2:18 am

isn't that an invasion of privacy? Or was that done away with in the Patriot Act? I get so confused over which of my civil liberties is being stripped from me. :shrug:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » January 26th, 2006, 7:45 am

Yikes, we need to fight this, all of us.....damn, you never know who could be next....
Purple
I live here

Postby pibblegrl » January 26th, 2006, 3:54 pm

This is outrageous and disturbing to say the least.
smurfing idiot nosy reporters. :cuss: :bs:
Candi

God created idiots as an endless source of amusement for the rest of us!
pibblegrl
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » January 26th, 2006, 5:34 pm

corrected email address: kathy@coloradobusinessalliance.com
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby chance's mom » February 14th, 2006, 10:24 pm

on another forum, we called her and she would just curse us out and yell irratilcally and hang up on us. you can not get a word in with this lady. problem also is she is the editor of her own paper too. we also emailed and called the people who regulate newspapers and such in that area, they said what she did was not illegal due to their addresses were a matter of public info. we also tried to find out why she could publish their addresses as law obiding citizens but not those of sex offenders or tax frauders. turns out, sex offenders can only have their info printed if someone has proof that they are endangering someone at that moment. it is all on the national website that lists sex offenders, i forget the name. i am still emailing and calling about this ETA
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL