Pit Bull gunned down in Boulder

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 6th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Boulder Officer Guns Down Pit Bull In Park

(AP) BOULDER, Colo. A pit bull that attacked two people in a park then charged a police officer was shot and killed by authorities over the weekend.

Police spokeswoman Julie Brooks said Officer Jeremy McGee yelled at the dog to stay back and its owner to restrain the animal, but the dog kept lunging at him.

"The officer would not have fired if he did not feel threatened by the animal," Brooks said. "I feel confident that he would not have discharged his firearm if he didn't feel he had to."

The dog's owner, Sarah Mallory of Erie, said after the shooting Sunday that her dog wasn't doing anything wrong. She said the female pit bull, Nakita, was abused as a puppy and scared of men, but was responding to training.

"She was a good dog," said Mallory, covered in the dog's blood. "I took her everywhere with me and never had any problems."

The incident happened at a popular picnic spot along Boulder Creek. Police said two people bitten by the dog were treated at the scene. Mallory, 18, was cited for having a dog at large and an aggressive animal prohibited.

Denver and a few other Colorado cities have banned pit bulls because the breed is often trained to be aggressive and has been involved in serious maulings of people.

http://cbs4denver.com/crime/local_story_156124652.html

Crap. :(
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby muse » June 6th, 2006, 12:13 pm

:(

Why would she let the dog run off leash? That is what dog at large means right?
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 6th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:"She was a good dog," said Mallory, covered in the dog's blood. "I took her everywhere with me and never had any problems."

Yeah... "never had any problems"

This after she says
She said the female pit bull, Nakita, was abused as a puppy and scared of men, but was responding to training.

Freeking idiot. Yet another nail in the coffin due to a moron who doesn't deserve to own a gold fish.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 6th, 2006, 12:17 pm

I don't know, probably because it's a "hippy" town, where I've seen a lot of people jogging or riding bikes with their dogs off leash. Proof the downfall of the breed is irresponsible owners. Boulder can NOT have a breed ban, I will lose all hope.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby msvette2u » June 6th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Police said two people bitten by the dog were treated at the scene

:shock: For a dog with no problems it sure had problems that day... (yes I know the main problem is the idiotic owner)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 6th, 2006, 12:42 pm

i guarantee after this boulder will push for a ban.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » June 6th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Idiot. I am so sick of these smurfing people owning my breed.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » June 6th, 2006, 1:05 pm

What type of training is she referring to? :?
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Jenn » June 6th, 2006, 1:35 pm

:shock: :shock: Is that the dog that was killed? The one that is pictured on the link??
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 6th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Nope, that's just a stock photo.

I can see Boulder discussing a ban (almost every city around here has) but I don't see one passing. Possible, but I would be SHOCKED if one passed.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL