New to Group/Soon to be APBT mom

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby rottgrl » January 25th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Hello, and thanks for allowing me to join this group. My name is Stephanie and I live in WI with 6 Rottweilers and I will soon be adding a female APBT puppy to my "pack".

I have been involved with Rotties for about 13 years and I compete in AKC and UKC conformation, obedience, rally and am training for tracking and agility. I have only had 2 litters in the time I have been involved with them and I screen potential buyers very carefully....questionairee and contract and lots of time with them!

I have loved pit bulls since first meeting them at UKC shows and am thrilled to be bringing one home. I have been researching the breed and how to properly raise and train them....and added lots of links and info to my web site...and was referred to this site from another pit bull list.

I'm hoping to learn a great deal about how to help Reddy grow into a great canine citizen.....and share lots of fun stories about all the dogs!

Nutrition and health are big issues for me, so maybe I can share some information to help others too!

Thanks again!

Stephanie
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 5:28 pm

:hello:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » January 25th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Welcome!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » January 25th, 2006, 6:50 pm

Welcome to the party! 8)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby CinderDee » January 27th, 2006, 4:54 am

Welcome! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » January 27th, 2006, 11:01 am

Hello there! I've got a soft spot for those Rotties as my roommate has two of them (and a Rott foster who is going home this weekend *sniff). My Greyhound, Wally, thinks that Cora is just the coolest friend to have . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Judy » January 28th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Hello and welcome!!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby rottgrl » January 28th, 2006, 10:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but since Red is coming home in a week (Yeah!!) I have been reading all I can to be prepared......and training one of my dogs for a UKC Obedience trial. I've never done UKC Obedience before, so I was a bit nervous. Of coarse, those nerves kicked in and I gave the wrong command (stay instead of wait) and caused him not to qualify at the first show today. But I recovered for the second show and we managed a 4th place in Novice for his first leg. I'm so proud of my old boy. There are two more shows tomorrow and I hope I don't screw up again!

So, back to Red....the tape comes off her ears as I type this, and I am sooo very excited for next weekend when she can come here. I have Sunday, MOnday and Tuesday off so I can spend some time with her. My only problem now is finding toys for her....I'm used to destructive Rotties!

So, poor me, I have to shop. But if you have any helpful suggestions on toys, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Stephanie
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby rottgrl » January 28th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Sis....that Rottie is absolutely gorgeous! and I love Greyhounds....they are so sweet. Thanks for the welcome!

Stephanie
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2006, 10:56 pm

rottgrl wrote:Sis....that Rottie is absolutely gorgeous! and I love Greyhounds....they are so sweet. Thanks for the welcome!

Stephanie

Cora is a show bitch, only 18 months right now. This picture was taken about a month and a half ago, right before her heat. Since she's gone through this last heat her head has filled out BEAUTIFULLY and if my roommate decides to breed her (a decision which she has left up to the breeder she got her from, of course), she will have some of the most gorgeous, driven, well tempered Rotties ever. Cora Cream is one of the best dogs I've ever met . . . Wally and I just love her :loveU:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby rottgrl » January 28th, 2006, 11:34 pm

Who is Cora's breeder? I figured she was show quality! Can take the girl out of the ring, but can't take the ring out of the girl! LOL And its great that she is not only beautiful, but sweet too....good for your roommate that she found a responsible breeder.

Stephanie
rottgrl
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2006, 11:52 pm

rottgrl wrote:Who is Cora's breeder? I figured she was show quality! Can take the girl out of the ring, but can't take the ring out of the girl! LOL And its great that she is not only beautiful, but sweet too....good for your roommate that she found a responsible breeder.

Stephanie

I'll have to ask her when she gets back on Monday. I just know that she had been waiting for years to get a pup out of this woman. Cora's litter was the first she had had in 5 years!!

And she really is sweet. I need to get some pictures of it, but she loves to give my rabbit tongue baths, and my rabbit loves it too!!
SisMorphine

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 29th, 2006, 5:53 pm

Welcome!

Congrats on your new addition and also on your first obedience leg!!!!!!!!
Way to go :P

Kongs, nylabones along with ropes frisbees and jolley balls are great just don't leave the dog unattended to use the non hew toys are chew toys or they'll be none left LOL
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions