Lost Marbles

Postby Vanessa » May 31st, 2006, 4:35 pm

He looks like a Winston to me :)
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 31st, 2006, 4:37 pm

Why not Marbles?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby rockermom » May 31st, 2006, 4:58 pm

Sad that someone lost him. Lots of people aparently forget or dont realize they have to register the micro chip.
Any of the said names are great for him.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby 04100824 » May 31st, 2006, 6:34 pm

Brock
Confident Young Bully

Postby pocketpit » June 4th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Well, so far no luck in finding an owner. The shelter has not returned my messages so I'll have to try calling again this week. No lost dog ads in the newspapers or near where he was found, no response to my petfinder ad, none from the local shelters who have him listed, no response to my inquires and flyers to local vets, and only a few totally off base calls in response to my craigslist ad.
We've settled on the name Moses which he seems to like for some reason. He's dog aggressive towards the males in our house (no suprise there) but seems to be relatively relaxed around the girls. We've made no formal intros yet but he seems to be able to tell just by sight who's who. Let him see one of the boys in their crate and it's on instantly. He instigates with severe posturing and eye contact immediately. But he pays little attention to the girls.
He's a great dog and I think he feels very much at home already.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 4th, 2006, 4:51 pm

That's a great picture!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby JCleve86 » June 4th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Awwww...he's beautiful! I love me some big wrinkly dogs!
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Malli » June 4th, 2006, 10:24 pm

I want him :)
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby bustersmama » June 6th, 2006, 4:23 pm

He is a looker! What a goof!

I liked Marbles too, as a name that is.

Good luck and you should post more pictures. I would love to see how big he really is.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pocketpit » June 6th, 2006, 6:13 pm

I like Marbles too but he's just not silly enough for it to really fit. He's quiet and very much a couch potatoe except for the few times he's gets a bit silly and then it's like watching Six Million Dollar Man re runs!
Look
You can almost hear the slow motion sound effects! It takes some effort to get his big frame moving and gain momentum. He's not very speedy :D
I will definatley post some more pictures when I get some decent ones. He usually blatantly ignores me while he wanders around peeing on stuff (not really what I want pictures of!) or he's in my lap where I can't take a picture.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby bustersmama » June 6th, 2006, 6:15 pm

That picture is funny!

...and i eagerly await for his cooperation for picture time!! :D :wink:
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » June 6th, 2006, 6:24 pm

He's awesome! I loves me some mastiffs. Where did you find him? Moses seems to fit him, but I also really liked Beaumont. Which also happens to be a character in Jackie Brown, one of my favorite movies.

How big is he?

Oh, we've got mastiff people that come into our clinic so I can ask around if there's a bullmastiff rescue around if you like.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » June 7th, 2006, 1:16 am

THEN, you could call him "Beau" for short ;) as my friends do with their great danes "Boo" and "Beau" :lol3:

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » June 7th, 2006, 9:15 am

BigDogBuford wrote:He's awesome! I loves me some mastiffs. Where did you find him? Moses seems to fit him, but I also really liked Beaumont. Which also happens to be a character in Jackie Brown, one of my favorite movies.

How big is he?

Oh, we've got mastiff people that come into our clinic so I can ask around if there's a bullmastiff rescue around if you like.

One of MY favorite movies too! :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Miakoda » June 7th, 2006, 11:46 am

Do ya think Marbles would like to come live in Cajun country? :| Wrigley could use a squishy faced companion. Well, actually, we have enough doggies, but I showed my neighbor across the street (w/whom I'm GREAT friends with) the picture & she soooo wants more info on him. If she can love cranky butt Wrigley, then she can love any squishy face. :D
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby pocketpit » June 8th, 2006, 1:59 am

I don't know if he'd like Cajun country or not. I can't imagine what it would cost to ship him down there. He's 125lbs and would require a 700 vari kennel.
Here's a picture of the two of us for size comparison. He's by no means a giant monster but he is sizeable when compared to what we're used to. He's got a strange mug, kind of a cross between your typical Bull Mastiff head and an English Mastiff. But with his height and weight I think he's just a poor example of a BM.

pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Violet » June 8th, 2006, 10:19 am

Holy cow, Dawn..he is huge! I'd say I want him but I have my own horse living here :o
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby a-bull » June 8th, 2006, 10:26 am

pocketpit wrote:I like Marbles too but he's just not silly enough for it to really fit. He's quiet and very much a couch potatoe except for the few times he's gets a bit silly and then it's like watching Six Million Dollar Man re runs!
Look
You can almost hear the slow motion sound effects! It takes some effort to get his big frame moving and gain momentum. He's not very speedy :D
I will definatley post some more pictures when I get some decent ones. He usually blatantly ignores me while he wanders around peeing on stuff (not really what I want pictures of!) or he's in my lap where I can't take a picture.

Wasn't the Six Million Dollar Man's name "Steve Austin?" Could have named him "Steve" lol or "Austin." :D
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 8th, 2006, 10:47 am

he is huge, and that pic of him running is perfect.. i love how his face smushes up in it!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pittymomma » June 8th, 2006, 11:49 am

Oh is he ever handsome.

I have a dog named Hank that is believed to be mixed with mastiff.But when I see your pics I have to second guess.

One dog person I met thought he was mixed with Boerbel I have no idea now what he has in him??

pittymomma
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue