Grizzly's first show

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby Marinepits » June 4th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Ready for the ring

Watch that corner.....

Bring that head UP!

Down and back

Yea, I'm done!

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pocketpit » June 4th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Makes me miss my St. Bernard. :(
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby msvette2u » June 4th, 2006, 3:44 pm

What a totally awesome dog!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 4th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Looks good! How did he make out? Were there any others there. I've seen a few at UKC shows before. The grooming must take you forever.

It is hard running a dog in the mud and getting a good gate. Try to get the collar right behind the ears and you'll have more control of ther head

Keep up the good work
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » June 4th, 2006, 4:56 pm

He looks soo cute!!! All that hair kind of freaks me out but his face is adorable!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ellie@ny » June 4th, 2006, 5:17 pm

That's one big bear!!!!!!! :) Congrats on the pulling too!!!!!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » June 4th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Lordy, that's one big dog!! :shock:
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » June 4th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Another indoor pony! He's a handsom boy!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » June 4th, 2006, 6:57 pm

He's H-U-G-E and didn't listen all that well (to me anyway). He also pulled me across the ring once like I was water skiing. I definately needed my cleats! Of course, this was after he tried to pee on me. Charming...

He didn't have competition for adult male, but did for Best Male, which he did not win.

I'm sure watching me try to stack him was amusing. He's taller than my waist by a lot.

It was fun, but I'll stick to my little delicate 42 pound boy.
Last edited by mnp13 on June 5th, 2006, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » June 4th, 2006, 6:59 pm

mnp13 wrote:He's H-U-G-E and didn't listen all that well. He also pulled me across the ring once like I was water skiing. I definately needed my cleats! Of course, this was after he tried to pee on me. Charming...

He didn't have competition for adult male, but did for Best Male, which he did not win.

I'm sure watching me try to stack him was amusing. He's taller than my waist by a lot.

It was fun, but I'll stick to my little delicate 42 pound boy.

Ahhh hahahahaha! I've been dragged like that by Petey more times than I can count.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 4th, 2006, 8:29 pm

LOL Don't feel bad I almost got knocked on my butt taking Steel around a muddy ring in NY state a few years ago. :shock: The judge got a good laugh
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby grizzly » June 6th, 2006, 12:59 am

the thing everyone needs to know is michelle and griz really didn't know one another. as much as it was new to griz , michelle was triing to figure griz out.
have to give michelle credit though see did better than i expected- he is not easy to handle if he think he can over power you!
he knows he can't win with me so sometimes i make handling him look too easy.maybe michelle would have better luck with my new addition --peggy ann -aka annie my new 12 week old female saint. i think they have a puppy class......
thanks again michelle for showing him
jen- thanks for the pics its a totally different side of my working dog( its more of the "i'm a dog" side)
and to all who posted with all the wonderful posts- thank you!!!you all made this big dog feel welcome here
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » June 6th, 2006, 1:31 am

It was fun, I'd do it again. Griz wasn't "bad"; he just didn't seem to care that I was on the other end of the leash. lol

Sure, I'll show the puppy... at least she won't be alble to pull me over (for the next few months anyway!)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » June 6th, 2006, 1:37 am

Oh come on Michelle, water skiing behind a dog is FUNN!! Hell, I wonder if a knee board would work?

Chris Fraize told me to tape it next time petey decides to drag me down the street bouncing on my face & boobs!

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SpiritFngrz » July 11th, 2006, 9:04 pm

Wow he looks awesome. Good job Michelle & Grizzly!!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Marty » July 11th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Ok! I'm confused here... did Michelle show the dog and Marinepits took the pictures and Grizzly owns the dog?

Yes its late and I'm tired but I had to ask ;)

Dog looks good, but to big for me to hande :)

How much does he weigh?
Marty
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 11th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Marty wrote:Ok! I'm confused here... did Michelle show the dog and Marinepits took the pictures and Grizzly owns the dog?

yes yes yes
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby grizzly » July 11th, 2006, 11:07 pm

michelle did handle the dog
marinepits did take the pics
grizzly does not own the dog-he is the dog
rob is the owner-not the dog
he weighs between 140-160lbs depending on how many hot dog he has eaten that day( his record is 40 dogs) he looks much bigger but he is athletic and won't get fat nomatter how much or what i feed him-trust me i've tried!!
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marty » July 11th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Well, I was just trying to keep up ;)

Thats a big dog, the biggest I can remember my family having was a greatdane that stood taller than me at the time lol he weighed maybe #90 or #100lbs he was BIG to me :)

Michelle you did great in handling this dog :D
Marty
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 12th, 2006, 9:39 am

Marty wrote:Michelle you did great in handling this dog :D

:fastRoll:

thank you! It was quite the experience...

I'll stick with my little 43 pount Pit Bull!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Conformation