heart...still.....

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Romanwild » June 2nd, 2006, 4:35 pm

pounding! :eekHair:

Just took D & D for their afternoon walk. We went past this house where a huge lab lives. When I see that it's out I will cross the street or go the other way. Today he wasn't out so we kept walking. When we got right in front of the door all I saw was a huge head blasting threw the screen door. :o I went into pit bull owner survival mode and began the dance. A dog on the left and a dog on the right, both being held lightlty behind me while I did kept myselfss between them and the lab. He kept coming and I kept the dance going. The old man was slow! Diamond got a little too close to Dreyfus a couple of times and would redirect but because I had the power steering on (prong collars) I was able to prevent it.

As soon as the other dog was gone I went to check my guys out and they both stopped and "smiled at me like that was fun!" then they proceded to check me over. It was weird. We turned the corner and they both stopped and crapped at the same time! :| They were very attentive and dare I think appreciative all the way home.

I think in instances like that, where we protect our pack, it really puts us in the place of being the Alpha. I've been there with Dreyfus before and he always cooporated with me in that moment like he understood what I was doing.

heart rate is back to normal now.

Thx for listening.

p.s. the guy never said a word to me. He usually has a chair or two in front of the door to keep him from doing it.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » June 2nd, 2006, 4:38 pm

Wow. Sounds like a close one. Terrifying.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmyangels » June 2nd, 2006, 4:44 pm

Thank goodness nothing happened. Good job protecting your pack.

I think I would have pissed myself in the process of protecting though.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Marinepits » June 2nd, 2006, 5:04 pm

Whoa. :shock:

Glad you all made it through okay.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » June 2nd, 2006, 5:16 pm

holy crap...

I'm glad you're a good dancer!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 2nd, 2006, 5:18 pm

I'm glad you are OK!

This stuff happens way tooo often IMO... What is wrong with people?
Can they really all be that stupid? :x That is the only answer I can come up with :|
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » June 2nd, 2006, 5:26 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:I'm glad you are OK!

This stuff happens way tooo often IMO... What is wrong with people?
Can they really all be that stupid? :x That is the only answer I can come up with :|

They are all stupid. :twisted:
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Jenn » June 2nd, 2006, 5:31 pm

I think people just don't know, or just don't give a poop..

Close call, glad everyone is ok.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby babyreba » June 2nd, 2006, 5:53 pm

egads. glad you and D&D are all OK. scary.

and whoever said this stuff happens, way too often . . . i agree!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » June 2nd, 2006, 7:37 pm

Close call! And it does happen way too many times.
Good for you and your dance moves!
Purple
I live here

Postby Vanessa » June 2nd, 2006, 7:41 pm

It's so scary when this happens. So glad you are all okay. This does happen way too often
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 2nd, 2006, 9:39 pm

Holy hell I'd've chocolated myself!!! Also, could you get that dance on video for us...? :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 2nd, 2006, 10:19 pm

Phew! Glad everything's okay! Good daddy and good dogs!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 2nd, 2006, 10:42 pm

I'd like to see that dance!! :wink: Glad everything turned out ok!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Miakoda » June 2nd, 2006, 11:28 pm

LOL. Well, I know it's not really funny, but it happens & I can just see you "dancing" b/n all the dogs to keep everyone at bay.

I think my most memorable chase moment came from when a Dacshund (a normal sized about 20+lbs) broke loose from it's flexilead & came after me & Rex. I too went into pit bull survival mode......so I picked up my 55lb dog underneath his front legs & held him up as high as my 5 ft. frame would allow. However, in an effort to save that little crap's life, he bit my leg twice & scratched me up good jumping up to get at Rex who of course was yodeling & trying to get loose himself.

Gotta love the "innocent" people & their "innocent" doggies............ :twisted:
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » June 3rd, 2006, 1:40 am

I must be only lucky little woman b/c I've yet to have any issues with dog pursuits.

there was that stupid pug that bit cookie...

but honest to goodness my dogs are SO GAY...they would probably shite themselves trying to get away.

zero aggression.

just glad you guys are all ok!
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby concreterose » June 3rd, 2006, 12:50 pm

Wow, I'm so glad everything worked out...those are certainly very stressful moments! I know how you feel about the 'dance'...I've been doing it with Vicki and Solomon. I started off walking them seperately, but since they walk together so well (actually better together than when I walk them alone) I have been walking them together. I keep saying I'm going to go back to walking them seperately, but it's so much faster to walk them together! I breathe a big sigh of relief everytime we make it home without running into any loose dogs.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Asta » June 3rd, 2006, 1:05 pm

Whoa close call :o And i agree, great that youre such a good dancer !!! Its so sad and frustrating that pitbullowners could use a good leuktomi before walking our dogs just to save us from bleeding ulcers...

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Neimo » June 3rd, 2006, 7:58 pm

I'm glad everyone is ok! That is why I can only walk one at a time! LOL Of course I have the luxery of a big PRIVATE backyard for them to exercise in. Nice job though on keeping cool! Maybe the next time we all go out for drinks you could show us that dance? :clap:
Neimo
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » June 3rd, 2006, 8:07 pm

You'd like that wouldn't you, brooketrout!lol

My phone died btw. :( I'll talk with you soon!
Romanwild
I live here

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk