Look What I Found! Tacoma, WA - BIIIG Fuzzy Male

Postby JCleve86 » June 2nd, 2006, 9:35 pm

Somewhere around a measily 200 lbs, male, very hairy, we're guessing St. Bernard - Anatolian Shephard mix. Violet and I both saw him running around this morning in different areas of Tacoma, and than when I got off work I spotted him again, and managed to catch him with some sweet talk and a nice donut from my coffee shop. He's residing at Vi's until we find somewhere for him to go, but she has NO ROOM for another dog, let alone 200 pounds of dog, who we've also learned is an escape artist. He slipped the collar we put him on and managed to escape out of Vi's yard already, somehow. She managed to re-catch him. Anybody have any bright ideas?

Seems like a pretty sweet dude...clearly gorgeous, and I'm sure after a bath (I'm planning one for him in the next few days) would be even better...help?
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » June 2nd, 2006, 9:38 pm

Um, yeah, I'll be over tomorrow to help you bath him....good gawd, that's a whole lotta dog!
Purple
I live here

Postby Marinepits » June 2nd, 2006, 9:39 pm

Ooo, he's quite the looker! Can't wait to see him after a good grooming.....

He looks like part St. Bernard and maybe Great Pyranees.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby JCleve86 » June 2nd, 2006, 9:46 pm

Um...I'll take on the bathing (secretly hoping Vi does it before I find the time to get back over...lol)...what I need help with is finding a place for dude to go!!! Somebody? Anybody? Transport is, of course, available.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » June 2nd, 2006, 9:49 pm

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but he's bigger than my whole living room, LOL!

I'll pass his info around.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Hoyden » June 2nd, 2006, 9:56 pm

Indoor Pony anyone?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby JCleve86 » June 2nd, 2006, 10:02 pm

Hoyden wrote:Indoor Pony anyone?

Precisely. :shock: lol...apparently, after having him a few hours, Vi seems to think he's okay with dogs (while I was there he appeared to not even notice Kya and Clifford barking/whining/jumping/dancing at him), and seems to not really notice cats either. Will share more info as it's gathered.

Poor lug...I really like him...I want to keep him myself, but can't!!! ARGH!
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby luvmyangels » June 2nd, 2006, 10:03 pm

He is gorgeous. What beautiful eyes.

Good luck.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby huskyhouse » June 2nd, 2006, 11:42 pm

I'll bet that big furball is a Leonberger mix :shock: , see if a Leo rescue might take him?
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » June 3rd, 2006, 12:07 am

JCleve86 wrote:
Hoyden wrote:Indoor Pony anyone?

Precisely. :shock: lol...apparently, after having him a few hours, Vi seems to think he's okay with dogs (while I was there he appeared to not even notice Kya and Clifford barking/whining/jumping/dancing at him), and seems to not really notice cats either. Will share more info as it's gathered.

Poor lug...I really like him...I want to keep him myself, but can't!!! ARGH!

Maybe I'm paranoid but is there a chance he's deaf!?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » June 3rd, 2006, 12:28 am

Yeah...not hardly. How do I know? The first five times I called him when trying to catch him, he turned around, looked at me, and sped up. :x

Hearing is a-okay. lol Either that or he's got a really good "there's someone following me, quick, evade capture" sense.

Here's the Beast (and part of Vi's unfortnate, now rather fuzzy yard) post brushing...I think he might like the place
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 3rd, 2006, 12:35 am

He is cute as CRAP!!!! :o
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » June 3rd, 2006, 12:40 am

JCleve86 wrote:Yeah...not hardly. How do I know? The first five times I called him when trying to catch him, he turned around, looked at me, and sped up. :x

Hearing is a-okay. lol Either that or he's got a really good "there's someone following me, quick, evade capture" sense.

Ah but an older dog who is used to being deaf hardly appears deaf except for lack of concern about other dogs' barking. Just a thought :| eta: it was the blue eyes that made me wonder...lol
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Vanessa » June 3rd, 2006, 2:45 pm

He is really cute.... What a happy, goofy smile.
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 3rd, 2006, 4:34 pm

huskyhouse wrote:I'll bet that big furball is a Leonberger mix :shock: , see if a Leo rescue might take him?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. With the size of him I think it's a pretty good guess. Boy is he handsome . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Violet » June 3rd, 2006, 8:10 pm

This guy is AWESOME!!!!!Here is what we know so far..he is not chipped :( he weighs 151.5 pounds and he got a complimentary vacc. booster and frontline (have i mentioned i love my vet lately?) He is neutered and about 4-5 years old according to the vet (isn't that what I said?) So..the search continues. Oh..and no he is defiantely not deaf.

I took him to Petsmart while we were out..and we now have breed guesses of Leonberger, malamute, collie, great pyr, Akita, and of course..saint bernard. He was the star of Petsmart everyone had to stop and stare and wanted to pet him. I left with a phone number for someone who is interested in adopting him if we cannot find his owners.

He is fine with cats and dogs and so far kids as well. Just a big old friend goof once he gets over his initial shyness. He likes to back his rear up to couches and loveseats and have himself a seat. I left him loose in the house earlier and came home to his hairy ass on my loveseat. He seems to be housebroken and id guess his escaping is just a matter of a dog not wanting to be left alone in a back yard.
He is cleaning up nicely :clap:
Keto stole his treat
he's a lap dog :shock:
Mind you..my Murphy weighs 100 pounds
Our kitten chased him from the water bowl
btw..the drops all around the dish are from him..because he drools buckets when he gets a drink. :|

And jamie..he's fine here unless things get unbearable *sighs* he seems to be fitting into our indoor pack just fine. :| which makes him being here managable. Maggie is totally intimidated by him (thats a first for her) and is just giving him a wide berth.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby JCleve86 » June 3rd, 2006, 10:28 pm

lol...smart girl Maggie is! Besides, she'd probably just end up with jaws full of fluff...not so fun.

Good to know he seems to be okay...I don't expect you to KEEP him keep him, but I'm glad he's at least not causing headaches while he's there. I'm so glad I saw him again...I felt guilty all day for not stopping the first time I saw him.

And, I've already said it, but WOW he looks GREAT after what I'm guessing to be somewhere around eleventeen brushings?!?!! Nice work!
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Violet » June 3rd, 2006, 10:41 pm

I felt awful for not going after him yesterday..but the way he ran off I didn't figure I had a chance. Plus I really did NOT want to bring another dog home. Ah well..he's super easy aside from being a begging fool. He catches treats and won't touch the dry treats now that he has had the dried beef heart lol He is great for walks but tires easily. (or maybe he is just still tired from yesterday) He is REALLY stiff in the rear after he's been laying around for awhile. Im probably going to have Dorothy take a closer look at him on Monday.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby JCleve86 » June 4th, 2006, 12:44 am

I'd imagine that even IF he didn't have hip issues, being that ginormous and wandering for at least a few days would probably make him good and sore. Lord knows oversized dogs weren't meant for marathons.

Here's to hoping it's something a little synflex can help.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Violet » June 4th, 2006, 1:09 am

As big as he is i started him on supplements immediately. Now I have to be sure I dont add any weight to him. :|
Violet
Loyally Bully

Return to Rescue