URGENT- 2 Senior Pit Bull Hero's need Foster

Postby kymn25 » June 2nd, 2006, 2:54 pm

A rescue on another board sent this message out earlier this week. We have been working on solutions but they are no longer applicable to the situation at hand. Here's the story as it has played out this week.

An older woman is living in a physically abusive relationship in a motor home in Central Oregon. Her health is failing and friends and relatives know that she is going to be killed by her man or she will allow her health to overcome her.

The woman got two pits a long time ago when they were puppies; they have been her entire life and love for 9 and 10 years. On several occasions, they have kept her man from killing her by protecting her and forcing him to back down. They have lived together and with her all their lives.

She refuses to leave the situation unless she can bring her dogs, but the half way house and/or relative friend she will need to stay with is not willing to take the dogs, so the woman will not leave. She has tumbled into a deep depression knowing her dogs have no where to go and has decided to allow herself to be killed rather then loose her dogs. She is not taking her medication because of the depression but has agreed to leave if she knows her dogs will be safe and cared for and not just put down.

This is a very urgent situation, not only a woman's life hangs by a thread, but two loyal and faithful companions as well.

These dogs are heroes and deserve a hero's reward, not homelessness, and death. They have protected this woman probably over and over again. Is there anyone who can help these two angels out of a terrible situation? Poor woman, too. Losing her health, home, and precious dogs all at once. It is so unfair that the abusive man doesn't have to leave!

They are on a courtesy hold for 10 days at the local humane society, but after that, they will need to find alternative boarding.

Chaos is the male - he is between 9 and 12 years old and is loosing his eyesight.
Mahalee is the female - she is between 8 and 10. Both have been together since they were puppies and Mahalee takes care of Chaos now. They lived in a mobile trailer with their owner for the last 5 years and I guess only in the last five years has there been a boyfriend involved. It is suggested that the man did abuse the dogs, kicking them around etc.

The woman is late thirties early forties. The dogs were left in the mobile home after the woman was finally convinced to stay elsewhere and a friend fed and let them out for walks every day. They were alone for only a day before the friend came back to find no dogs. Concerned that the man had killed them she went looking everywhere to find them in an abandoned car near the trailer with no food or water and with all widows rolled up. The friend found it best to bring them to the humane society for a courtesy hold. They have five more days after tonight before they will either have to be moved, pay for board or released to the local humane society were they will be put down

Latest word -
Daughter and law says, the woman is in treatment to get her off the heavy doses of pain killers she has been taking for her health problems and her son can't take the dogs and mom will not be in a position to anytime soon. If they are not moved, they will be put to sleep. I am also concerned that daughter in law will tell the shelter to just go ahead and put them down without anyone knowing, no will have a chance to even bring them out a few goodies or to sit there when they are injected.

If you can be of any assistance with either fostering or know of anyone I can contact who can, please let me know. My phone number is 503-753-1804.
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby dharmasmom » June 7th, 2006, 9:42 am

CARE........This is info for New Mexico, but my bet would be, if you get in touch w/ them they'd have resources.

What state are you in and I'll look for state specifics

http://www.apnm.org/programs/care/index.php

What is CARE?

CARE is a network of safe havens for the animals of domestic violence victims in several communities in New Mexico. The CARE program began as a collaboration between APNM and All Faiths Receiving Home (AFRH) in Albuquerque, New Mexico. CARE empowers individuals to leave abusive home environments by helping to provide temporary emergency care of victims’ companion animals. More and more, these services are being institutionalized within existing government and non-government agencies throughout New Mexico. APNM provides information about the CARE program as well as facts about the link between domestic violence and animal abuse to law enforcement officials, service providers, and the public.
dharmasmom
Just Whelped

Postby kymn25 » June 7th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the info. I am afraid that nobody can help them at this point. I got this message on Monday morning from my contact who knew the family.

"The friend that was handling the dogs took them from Redmond Humane Society yesterday and returned them to the boyfriend. I spoke with her and was not only angry and irritated that she jumped the gun, but told her i would no longer offer my help to her. I would say more but i am afraid it might include some bad words:)

Pray for These poor babies. There is nothing anyone can do for them now but pray that SOB doesn't kill them.
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby dharmasmom » June 7th, 2006, 12:52 pm

OMG!

If they're chained or penned - can we alert DDB? There's gotta be something :cry:

Thank you for trying for them.
dharmasmom
Just Whelped

Postby kymn25 » June 7th, 2006, 5:33 pm

I just learned.... the friend would not leave and address or phone number to the place these dogs were taken. so no one can even go check on them. The really sad part is I had found a place for them to go and was just waiting on info to get last minute info before arranging transport. I have no idea what compelled this women to take them out of the shelter they were in (safe) and take them back to that Place. Especially since she was the one who picked them up in the first place and found them lock in a sealed car with no food or water. :|

:cry1: Its heartbreaking.....

kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby dharmasmom » June 7th, 2006, 6:19 pm

:cry:

God, I'm so sorry.

:x :x :x

Next, I'm ANGRY!!!!!!!!

We could always follow the friend until she ends up where the dogs are. :shock: Ok, reality, is there a way you can befriend an ACO and have them get in touch w/ her...."forgot some paperwork" or some other bogus reason to find out where the dogs are? Grasping at straws, I know.......but, dammit!

There just have to be angels, and I will wrap these precious creatures in a safe blue light to do what I can, and if there is ANYthing beyond that that I could do to help, please let me know.

Mary
dharmasmom
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue