Can't believe this...

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Gatsu » May 27th, 2006, 4:16 pm

I can not believe a friend of mine wants to feed her 2 month old puppy pit PUPPY CHOW!!! i went and looked at it.... NO PROTEIN with in the first 5 ingredients... and even then :S!!

she also doesnt want to ge a crate right away ..... bah!!!!

needed to vent hahaha.

Ingredients:
Ground yellow corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, soybean meal, beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), pearled barley, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, animal digest, salt, egg product, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, zinc proteinate, choline chloride, DL-Methionine, vitamin supplements (E, A, B 12, D 3), manganese proteinate, ferrous sulfate, copper proteinate, added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2), niacin, brewers dried yeast, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.
0-4001
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » May 27th, 2006, 4:38 pm

well.... she'll either have a dog with allergies, experience health problems later on, or get lucky and have a hardy dog with no issues dispite his bad kibble.

As for the not crating, that'll bite her in the ass pretty quick. Little teeth can find almost anything!

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Gatsu » May 27th, 2006, 4:50 pm

as with the time spent cleaning poop and pee. and when the dog resides in ur room (from experience) the smell is not fun, lol.
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » May 28th, 2006, 2:41 am

All you can do is gently offer advice and hope she'll take it.

Its like offering parenting advice, everyone has their own opinions, and it can be a touchy subject.

At least if you mention what might happen as a result of her decisions you can tell her "I told you so" later :lol3:
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Romanwild » May 28th, 2006, 8:13 am

What kind of dog?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Malli » May 28th, 2006, 1:46 pm

can not believe a friend of mine wants to feed her 2 month old puppy pit PUPPY CHOW!!!

;)
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Alaine » June 1st, 2006, 4:01 pm

Take it from me (the very inexperienced dog owner) that it's easy to believe when something says Puppy Chow and it costs as much as it does that it is good. I've learned a little from my mom but I still have a long way to go. My poor Stitch was fed Science Diet (YUCK YUCK YUCK) Adult...before I knew better I would have thought that was a good thing. Maybe your friend just needs an education. :|
Alaine
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » June 1st, 2006, 5:24 pm

some people don't want the education though and have to kind of learn the hard way.
I have found this out through personal experience, and it is like giving advice on other people's kids.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Alaine » June 1st, 2006, 5:35 pm

Malli wrote:some people don't want the education though and have to kind of learn the hard way.
I have found this out through personal experience, and it is like giving advice on other people's kids.

Malli

Very True. I guess all you can do is very nicely explain your position and hope she takes your advice or at least asks her vet. :|
Alaine
Just Whelped

Return to Nutrition & Health