Loose dog terrorizes pitbull

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby CarolinaPitChick » May 31st, 2006, 11:34 pm

:evil:

Ok...as some here know I moved to SC three months ago.
The very first day I was here....I put Simon in the house and went across the street to a neighbor...her little doxie was loose...Shorty....I introduced myself and apologized for almost smooshing her dog with my car.
She said OH Shorty he is out all the time he runs up and down the street.

At this point I said....Oh...really...well I have a few dogs myself and one of them in hearing impaired and he doesnt really like strange dogs. She said Oh well will he hurt Shorty. I said yes he will and I would be very afraid as little as shorty is he might get killed. She asked what she could do. I told her that I would never walk my dog if her dog was out however I would like her to keep her dog on her property. I told her I would never walk Simon near her house but if Shorty was in my front yard or in the street I dont want a fight.

She said she would work on it and then told me her daughter had s dog who escapes and it takes them awhile to get her back in.

I went home grinding my teeth. The next day Shortys mom comes over and asks if Simon is a pitbull. I told her yes he was. She told me that she hopes I keep him under control and that no trouble comes of this. I told her that Simon was a well mannered well behaved dog except for strange dogs. I told her how I already scoped the area and found a route to walk him so there should be no issues. After that it seems EVERY time I took Simon out for a walk she let shorty out. Once I had to pick my 72 pound dog up and carry him home because Shorty was following us.

I even once came out and Shorty was in my front yard pissing on my car tire. I again tried talking to the owner. The final straw was when I found her daughters dog sleeping on my property. Am I pissed at the dogs...heck no....after the 4th day of seeing the other loose dog I set food and water out across the street....I am angry at the owners.
I really feel like I have tried to be responsible and keep their dog and my dog safe...but how long can I when they keep letting the dog out especially when they see me come out with Simon on a leash??

I called animal control and they came ouyt and gave warnings...now we get smart comments and looks....

This is a true case of a pitbull being attacked by a human IMO :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:
CarolinaPitChick
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » June 1st, 2006, 2:30 am

Next time you get one of those (smart remarks/dirty looks) tell them that you tried things and felt you had no choice.

Or... you could tell them to shove it up their arse.

lets see, you could buy an air horn. Some kind of correction for Shorty? Squirt gun with jalepeno juice mixed in? Theres gotta be some products out there for people who are afraid of dogs, you could use those.
Perhaps animal control will have some suggestions? They had been flexible in my area when I called in the past, asked me what I wanted to do, etc.

Really, though, the best solution is to tell them where to stick it...
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » June 1st, 2006, 2:45 am

Ultrasonic noise maker with audible alarm and flashlight
http://www.opamerica.com/product_info.p ... ts_id/1774

I found some Pit Bull dog repellant :? Because our dogs have super-human resistability......... right.

A last resort (I'm sure you don't want to hurt shorty) Dog repellant spray, I have some. At first I got it to keep me safe, now, I think of it as a last ditch option to protect Oscar.
http://www.tbotech.com/dogrepellent.htm

Thats pretty much all I found.

You could also try an umbrella, obviously you'd have to socialize Simon with that first...

Both my bf and I have kicked dogs that were on the charge to attack, but I don't think you said Shorty was attacking, just offleash and friendly, and for us, it was a last ditch thing.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Maryellen » June 1st, 2006, 8:20 am

document every time you talk to shortys owner, with date, time, etc... keep a log of every time you see those dogs loose outside off the property.. call ACO EVERY time, so that there is a log of HER dogs being loose... this way you cover your butt..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitprincess » June 1st, 2006, 8:26 am

damned if you do damned if you don't ....UGH Hear you are going above and beyond what some people do and still no respect its like she is provocing something to happen so she can say "that pitbull attacked my itty bitty dog" You did the right thing calling not for nothing even if I didn't have a dog I would have called .....hello be a responsible dog owner...and I have kids to worry about....this just reconfirms common sense IS NOT common
pitprincess
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » June 1st, 2006, 9:04 am

Yeah I would call the ACO everytime you see them loose. They need to know what's going on with these jerkwads.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 1st, 2006, 9:25 am

SisMorphine wrote:Yeah I would call the ACO everytime you see them loose. They need to know what's going on with these jerkwads.

:clap: They will have to learn the hard way to keep their dogs confined. Idiots
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » June 1st, 2006, 9:54 am

Maryellen wrote:document every time you talk to shortys owner, with date, time, etc... keep a log of every time you see those dogs loose outside off the property.. call ACO EVERY time, so that there is a log of HER dogs being loose... this way you cover your butt..

This is what I was going to say, too.
I would add, take pictures with time and date stamps on them.
Make nice with the ACO, too!
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » June 1st, 2006, 10:06 am

Yup, make lists and lots of phone calls.

Keep repeating "I am only concerned for her dog's safety" because it's true that YOU are concerned for her dog and she isn't.

:pissed:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Veda » June 1st, 2006, 10:44 am

Good luck with this...it really is horrible to not get along with your neighbors over stupid things like this. It's not that hard to keep your dogs in your house and under control. My dogs have gotten loose once in over a year, and that was before we had our gate.
If you do decide to keep calling ACO on them make sure they don't retaliate...
Veda
Just Whelped

Postby piperstubbys » June 1st, 2006, 12:01 pm

Good Luck. Some people just don't get it. They think their dog can run loose and it is your dogs fault even if their dog gets hurt on Your property! Had a little like 8 week old Weiner dog come after my Leo a couple weeks ago while on a walk...poor Leo was ducking and had his tail tucked (he is scared of little dogs) and the woman who at first thought it was funny came running out in the street (where her dog now was) and scooped it up and huffed like she was saving it from my big beast who was not only scared but On Leash!
piperstubbys
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » June 1st, 2006, 12:22 pm

Nab the doxie and send him to me ;) That'll solve it and they don't escape my yard!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby CarolinaPitChick » June 1st, 2006, 5:55 pm

Well just today I was taking Simon with me and hubby to go get the pool for the dogs for the summer....

Her comes Miss B out her door with Shorty....Simon spots shorty stands still tail up ridge up...you all know the look :)
Shorty starts yapping and coming across the street I turn to take Simon back in and Rick my husband says NO we are doing NOTHING wrong we are walking to our car. I said...But what id Simon gets Shorty? Rick replied...So be it as horrible as it will be maybe thats what it will take....Miss B comes to the EDGE of her grass and calls Shorty back...Rick went to talk to her....

He said Ma'am this cant keep on. You have to control your dog or he will be hurt. He can be hit by a car or hurt by a stray dog or even cat. Miss B says she never had any issues until we moved it with her dog and she should not HAVE to watch what goes on because we can not control our dog.
:shock:

Cant control him????? I control him just fine thank you.If I didnt I would not pick up on his Momma I am going to eat that dog signals and turn his butt around....why should I have to have a dog who lives in prison? Cant even get walked because I am scared Shorty will be lurking. I have resorted to the treadmill and Lord knows if anyone finds out I will be accused of having a fighting dog....

Then my smartass husband says...Ok you dont want to work with us. The next time I walk my dog and shorty is out here loose I am NOT going to turn back and it Simon eats him on a bun with ketchup and mustard I will be suing YOU for the emotional trauma caused to my dog from having to resort to cannibalism...

Where my husband comes up with this I do not know. She said...pitbulls are vicious dogs anyway....he is always out here snearing at Shorty and taunting him :shock: :shock:

Rick turned around and walked away.....

I dont think Simon is taunting or snearing....he is deaf maybe he is trying to sign to him 8)

So again I left a message for officer laura and filled her in and wrote it in my new Journal labeled Pittyful Weiner Stories
CarolinaPitChick
Just Whelped

Postby vaughndyer1 » June 1st, 2006, 5:57 pm

I feel ya! People around here act liek we live in the wild the way they let these dogs run loose!! Two days ago I went to the humane society in tears over what was happening and they told me to carry a stick!! Go figure!!
vaughndyer1
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » June 1st, 2006, 7:40 pm

Oh man.

This is just getting retarded for you.

I had an issue with that too. When Oscar was much much younger and I had trouble controlling him, he was straining on the lead towards another dog. The people with the other dog said that he was not under my control and that they were going to call animal control. I called them myself and asked what the definition of a dog under control was, answer was: on a leash under 8? ft, behind a fence or indoors, and that I had done nothing wrong.

This so sucks, I hope it resolves better then its looking like right now...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby blkngldbabe » June 1st, 2006, 7:47 pm

LMAO @ pitiful Weiner Stories!!! IS SHorty collared and ID? If so You should get somebody you know, that your neighbour does NOT know, to one day go up to the door and let them know (BSing of course) that they almost ran over the dog that was running loose in the street. NObody gets hurt...they dont' think its your "vicious hellhound" stirring the pot with lil ol shorty and they might think more about keeping the munchkin under control more. Just a thought. :twisted:
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby luvmyangels » June 1st, 2006, 8:04 pm

Oh gosh that totally sucks. So much for moving somewhere and hoping to have a new place to live in peace and quiet with no aggravation. I wish you all the best.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Marinepits » June 1st, 2006, 8:06 pm

CarolinaPitChick wrote:Then my smartass husband says...Ok you dont want to work with us. The next time I walk my dog and shorty is out here loose I am NOT going to turn back and it Simon eats him on a bun with ketchup and mustard I will be suing YOU for the emotional trauma caused to my dog from having to resort to cannibalism...

Okay, that's just hilarious!!! :backRoll:

I'm sorry you have to deal with such moronic neighbors.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby PittieLove » June 1st, 2006, 8:12 pm

Marinepits wrote:
CarolinaPitChick wrote:Then my smartass husband says...Ok you dont want to work with us. The next time I walk my dog and shorty is out here loose I am NOT going to turn back and it Simon eats him on a bun with ketchup and mustard I will be suing YOU for the emotional trauma caused to my dog from having to resort to cannibalism...

Okay, that's just hilarious!!! :backRoll:

I'm sorry you have to deal with such moronic neighbors.

LMAO thasts funny!!
I would be pissed if that dog was on my yawn. You should really catch the dog take it to animal control as "found" looser or attack
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby CarolinaPitChick » June 1st, 2006, 10:59 pm

Shorty is NOT collared or microchipped. He WAS adopted from the local shelter a few years back and I just found out tonight from another neighbor last year Shorty was attacked and almost killed by a stray dog. The owner of Shorty paid booku bucks to fix him up and now she is letting him run all over again.

In the end I will keep Simon in the house more if I have to or run him extra in the yard....I do not want a riff...especially with negotiations in my house of adopting a new pitty pup....

Cross Your fingers that my husband gives in...he wants a mastiff....my argument is Honey Mastiff puppies NEVER end up in rescue so you have to BUY one and EW who wants to BUY a puppy I am so against that...now pitties we CAN find in rescue...we dont have to buy.....

His argument.....Shannon you get to pick the dog every time we get one...when do I get to pick....

My response you can pick as soon as you decide to pick a pitbull puppy :D
CarolinaPitChick
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk