We Won!!!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby SisMorphine » May 27th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Wally, Halo and I won for muddiest team at the M.A.D. Swamp Stomp today. And if they gave out prizes for last and second to last place overall for time we would have won those too lol

I was the crazy person who was not only the fattest and the most out of shape, also the crazy person with a bad back problem (I was having trouble walking last night AND this morning . . . wasn't sure if I'd even be able to sit in the car nevermind compete), and the only crazy person who ran the course twice!!! I am still covered in mud and I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK but damn was it fun. I was so proud of Wally, he did some great stuff that I really didn't think he'd be able to do. And I was proud of Halo because when I picked him up to carry him he laid limp and didn't flail. Yay!! (And no, I didn't carry Wally . . . that would have definitely been pushing it!).

I had such a great time, and I feel extra bonded with my dogs, especially with Wally for getting through some of those obsticles (and of course Chris wasn't there with the camera when he did!).

Everyone who competed today rocked! We all had so much fun doing the course and hanging out together, cheering each other on. Good luck to everyone who is going tomorrow to do the bitework course. Be prepared to be muddy and stinky and have a great time. I can't wait to see the video from the weekend. It's going to be crazy!!!

ETA:
Megan and I were tied for muddiest team. We offered to mud wrestle to decide the champ, but apparently they decided to give it to me for fear that Megan would be hurt :wink:
Last edited by SisMorphine on May 27th, 2006, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Sounds liek a great time! congrats on your win!! :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » May 27th, 2006, 4:21 pm

That is awesome!! Sounds like you had such a great time.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Vanessa » May 27th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Great job!!!!!!!!!! Congrats :clap:
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 27th, 2006, 5:48 pm

CONGRATS! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby SisMorphine » May 27th, 2006, 5:50 pm

Thanks all!

PS: I called my mother to tell her the good news and she was fully unimpressed that we got so dirty we were awarded for it :D
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Marinepits » May 27th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Hey, glad you had such a great time!

Now, where are the photos? :?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » May 27th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Marinepits wrote:Hey, glad you had such a great time!

Now, where are the photos? :?

Chris was camera happy all day, so I'd expect some visuals at some point after tomorrow's competition probably.

I didn't get to see myself until after the mud was dry, so I can't wait to see what Chris caught on film :)
SisMorphine

Postby Asta » May 27th, 2006, 6:19 pm

Hey sounds like all of you had a great time!!! Congrats on the win :D

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » May 27th, 2006, 6:33 pm

YIPEEE!!! I can't wait to see those pics!!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 27th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Purple wrote:YIPEEE!!! I can't wait to see those pics!!!!!

Me either!!

I'm so dorky. I was just thinking about the things that Wally did for me on that course that I NEVER thought he'd do and it made me cry. He's the best dog anyone could ask for. I love that bastard Greyhound.
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » May 27th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Congratulations!!!!!

I am SO JEALOUS!!! And I know I can't spell, but I don't care today!

Now I really really really want to see that video.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Romanwild » May 27th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jenn » May 28th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Hilarious, congrats! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby muse » May 28th, 2006, 2:01 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Purple wrote:YIPEEE!!! I can't wait to see those pics!!!!!

Me either!!

I'm so dorky. I was just thinking about the things that Wally did for me on that course that I NEVER thought he'd do and it made me cry. He's the best dog anyone could ask for. I love that bastard Greyhound.

I wuv Wally.. :D Congrats you filthy thing you! :wink:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 31st, 2006, 8:55 am

So what was the course like exactly? I watched the movie from the first day, but that only showed a few sections of the course for obvious reasons! What did you have to do? How long was it?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » May 31st, 2006, 9:20 am

We guestimated the course at about half a mile. There were a few stations. Basically you ran the course (or in my case hobbled) in between each station. The first station was the pool of donut grease where you had to find a toy to bring back with you, the second was the one where you had to keep one hand on the tree and try to throw tennis balls into a bucket. Then you had to bring the ball you got in with you. There were three tarps you had to belly crawl under, streams to walk through, a place where you had to pick up your dog and carry it (which I did not do with Wally) and you had to carry a weight across the finish line. It was very tiring and a lot of fun!
SisMorphine

Postby Cuda » May 31st, 2006, 9:46 am

Sounds like a blast of a day.

Can you picture my little self trying to carry my beast. I can def. pick him up but how far id make it carrying him is a mystery to me.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » May 31st, 2006, 11:02 am

Cuda wrote:Sounds like a blast of a day.

Can you picture my little self trying to carry my beast. I can def. pick him up but how far id make it carrying him is a mystery to me.

That would be pretty comical to watch.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 31st, 2006, 11:44 am

Wow that sounds like so much fun. How far was it from you?
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Next

Return to Sports