The saddest thing about this breed AGAIN

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby matrix » January 25th, 2006, 10:57 am

A repost from one of the other places!

It is truly the people that own it!

BYBers, overbreeders, ethical breeders, rescuers, BSLers, new owners, old owners EVERYONE! Noone supports anyone else, everyone thinks their own chocolate doesnt stink.

Old rescuers fight with new rescuers, amstaff owners fight with APBT owners, Blue owners fight with red owners, on and on and on and on in every combination! It is so sad!

Well today, I finish starting a cancer survey for ASGHI, solve tons of issues for them, and suddenly I get 5 emails and a PM telling me the all knowing all seeing Obnarb, has decided to drag my name into a conversation for absolutely NO reason!

It is truly amazing to me!

She states, while stroking someones (DJs) behind, "Very, very true. I remember Matrix doing a breeding to an untested dog a few years back."

Then she finishes her glorious declaration with "If there is one thing that is static in the dog world, it's hypocracy"

Now, I am not perfect, I have hypocritical moments, and I am VERY WILLING TO ADMIT IT! But when I spend every spare penny I earn trying to find ways to save this breed, and some pretender WANNABE! Steps up and decides to spout off FOR NO REASON!

SORRY FOLKS! I kinda lose it!

OK so lets get this straight cuz, I NEVER ever had anything to hide and everyone that has ever asked about the issue gets the straight answer!

Every dog I own has been X-ray'd multiple times (I'll explain that later). From puppy to adult multiple shots of the hips (elbows and shoulders) are taken!

Also, if I am considering a dog for breeding and the owner wont pay for the test I PAY FOR IT!! There are several "popular" breeders out there whose PennHip scores they proudly display were purchased with MY DIME. Thus, these dogs I decided not to use, only because of the conformation of the hips (not because of scores or ratings)! OFA and PennHIP are only meant to be mindless tools!

EXPLANATION: OFA or PennHIP are TOOLS breeders can learn to use at a cost without thinking (Brainless tools). Actually learning to read an x-ray and make truly informed decisions regarding the conformation of a hip.... priceless!

OK, so the dog in question: Wilrox Tyson's owner, refused to pay for the PennHipp (or OFA cant remember), dopler, elbows, brucellosis, sperm count etc. so I DID! And guess what? I didnt like everything I saw either!

However, minor laxivity in a 10 year old dog and superior socket depth and coverage IS GOLD for my girls who tend to have barely sufficient depth to the socket.

OK lets add a section because Odnarbdo cant understand english or knows nothing about why OFA exists.

A 2 year old dog with shallow sockets and no laxivity OFA fair Pennhip .6 x .6
A 2 year old dog with good depth to sockets (50% coverage) and no laxivity OFA good or pennhip about .5 x .5 (other things considered)
A 10 year old dog with 68% coverage, no flattening of the head and minor laxivity in one hip OFA fail OR PennHipp .4 x .65

ME I would pick from this group the OFA fail! Largely because my line has barely adequate sockets, tendency for flattening, and few signs of laxivity. Minor laxivity in a 10 year old dog with no flattening and tons of coverage? WOW that is great!

END OF ADDITION

SO what do I do? Obviously, I bred Tyson to Trinity! 4 pups and over 200% title rate so far, with many more titles to go! Anyone wanna see picks of that litter?

Did I sell any of the pups?

NOPE! I kept ALL the puppies out of trinity and tyson (well actually I GAVE them to good coown homes) and told the owners I would pay for the puppies hips to be tested.

Did I sell any pups out of Buddha (F2 progeny out of that original breeding) when I bred him?

NOPE! Kept all and coowned "gave them" to good coown homes, AND I am ALSO paying for their hips to be done!

How many of you out there pay for dogs? chocolate even your rescue dogs cost bucks these days! Even when you pay the mint for your dog, how many out there have their breeders, or rescue organizations, paying for the health testing of that puppy?

For you rescuers out there. We personally have placed an awesome, well behaved, loving rescue dog into a great home. A dog that eventually developed dysplasia! Now those owners are as sad as the dog! Maybe rescue orgs should start health testing too and live up to the propaganda dealth unto the breeders? The rescue we have available now at the wifes shop has had his hips done hahahah!

Anyway, as I tell everyone with enough fortitude to ask, why breed if you are not going to find out if what you produce has problems? ESPECIALLY, if you make such a tough decision like I did! I take ABSOLUTE responsiblity for my decision and I take absolute care of the pups and the owners.

Why? because I want too! It certainly is not to obtain the irrelevant approval of the Odnarbs of the world!

OK that IS the Matrix! It is CERTAINLY not because I am such a nice freindly guy that people who know me and have the nutts to ask questions tend to respect me!

The main point of this however is that MY PROGRAM has nothing to hide and never has! A simple email from this person who chose of her own free will to throw my name around, would have yeilded a full disclosure!

On top of this I PM'd and in no uncertain words requested that Odnarb recend her statement and appologize! Declaring that indeed health testing has been done on every dog I have EVERY used for breeding. In her reply she badgered, challenged, and insulted me AGAIN essentially calling me a liar! Telling me that until I proved it to her... yada yada yada! OH and then, on top of that, she decided to really get my goat and correct my spelling as an added insult! You all know how irritating that is! Although my chocolate stinks I dont have a damn thing to prove to Odnarb!

So, like so many others she has decided to call out someone who is actually working their ass off trying to save this breed! Man it is at times like these I wonder why I do it!

Then I look over at one of the dogs playing in my front room and realize it is not for all of the bitter nasty ill tempered owners, but for their poor dogs!

It is this type of sad, sad person who PMs everyone they can think of, stirring up garbage about everyone else, that IS and will continue to be the downfall and demise of this breed. An army divided against itself!

I often wonder if people like that are actually in league with those activists who are trying to eradicate our breed?

It is not until we all get over our aversion to the moral differences, look past what people are doing and or have done, and ban together that we would stand a chance. Rescuers ban together with breeders, even BYBers, find a way to ban everyone together, no matter the difference in philosophy, no matter the type of dog or the breeding practices, or that they are getting rescue donations that your org should get!!!

Ban everyone together and the pit bull community would be stronger than the NRA! Then we would stand a chance of stopping BSL!

All the worlds indeed a stage!

Yet we do not stand a chance! Because people like that, cannot step off their self erected plywood pedistals (correct that) long enough to recognize that they themselves are not doing anything FOR the breed. Especially, when all they do, day after day, on every message board they can find (where they have not been banned), is post the same old drivel, ill conceived propaganda, hopefully not intended or designed to, but definitely succeeding in, dividing the APBT community!

People like this are doing the activist army's work for them by keeping us from joining together!

So YEP! Here I go also joining in this complete waste of time and posting my own insane drivel of a rant!

Am I perfect? HELL NO! But I did not deserve to have my name brought up in a degradative manner for absolutely NO REASON on a board I sadly do not have time to contribute to! (HELL! I can barely keep up with the very few posts that occur on my own board)

NOPE! I do not deserve to have my name dragged down even an inch, when I do more in a single day for this breed than this person will likely ever do!

Sorry Maryellen? I do hate coming on your board only when people start talking chocolate! I wish I had time to contribute more than this, but maybe my words about uniting the APBT community might be worth just a tiny little bit!

OK REMEMBER THE MULTIPLE TESTING COMMENT!

OK SO WHY do I test hips multiple times? Take Zion for instance. her 6 month and 24 month hips were great (yep thats the age most breeders use)! However her 48 month showed considerable laxivity (not mild laxivity) with barely adequate coverage, and depth to the socket, thus one of the best, most gorgeous, all around working dogs on the planet with a temperament of SOLID STEEL was spayed.

Hip dysplasia can be a degenerative process!

<SARCASM>All you breeders better getem done while their young <SARCASM>
Last edited by matrix on January 25th, 2006, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
matrix
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 11:02 am

I see you are a founder of a research place, where is this located at ?

Are you a scientist ?
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby matrix » January 25th, 2006, 11:23 am

http://www.canineresearch.net

I am a Microbial Geneticist/Immunologist by degree. Pure Research for almost 20 years now nearly a hundred published research articles and book chapters.

I founded a non-profit research Institute with special permission from the government dedicated to preservation of the APBT primarily.
matrix
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 11:26 am

Very impressive ...

My husband is a scientist also , he got his PhD at LSU and works for Tecmag Inc here in houston they work with NMR , and make a instrument for MIR's , he goes and installs them ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby luvmyangels » January 25th, 2006, 11:35 am

Wow you are quite impressive. Thank you for all that you do for the breed.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Romanwild » January 25th, 2006, 11:48 am

Matrix wrote:
Then I look over at one of the dogs playing in my front room and realize it is not for all of the bitter nasty ill tempered owners, but for their poor dogs!

It is not until we all get over our aversion to the moral differences, look past what people are doing and or have done, and ban together that we would stand a chance. Rescuers ban together with breeders, even BYBers, find a way to ban everyone together, no matter the difference in philosophy, no matter the type of dog or the breeding practices, or that they are getting rescue donations that your org should get!!!

Ban everyone together and the pit bull community would be stronger than the NRA! Then we would stand a chance of stopping BSL!

Bravo! :clap:

It's all about the Pit Bulls! We're their stewards.

The drama can be entertaining at times but we all have to keep the dogs first and foremost in our minds. They really needs us.

Please get out into your local community and band together with other owners and make some noise. :thumbsup:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 11:49 am

RomanWild wrote:Bravo!

It's all about the Pit Bulls! We're their stewards.

The drama can be entertaining at times but we all have to keep the dogs first and foremost in our minds. They really needs us.

Please get out into your local community and band together with other owners and make some noise.

Well said, I think we've had enough drama the last couple of days to last a few days ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 11:51 am

Matrix, where is your research located at ?

You got me interested ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2006, 11:52 am

Good post!! Thank you for all you do for these dogs!! These attempts to discredit your name are sad, you have done and continue to do so much for this breed. At a time when we should stick together & fight for these guys, it seems all most people want to do is beat their chests & poke people with sticks. It would make better use of their time to go after the REAL enemies of the breed. If this is kissing your ass, consider it kissed.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby matrix » January 25th, 2006, 11:56 am

The new idea to ban together is to start a grassroots movement using the NAPBTA

The NAPBTA is member driven.. It is a UKC association.

The key points (I have to run to work)

The NAPBTA if we can fill it with members and a goal of preserving the breed and fighting BSL can work with the UKC to increase not only our power but the power of UKC

UKC has a lobby entity but not a very powerful one

UKC has the registration fro all owners of pit bulls

Working with the UKC we can, through them, reach al of the pit bull owners ... seeking to bring all together to fight BSL

working with UKC we can ask for the establishment of a BSL fee to be placed upon all APBT registrations, transfers, litter registrations etc.

There are many BSL fighting orgs out there but they are all fighting each other and none will join with the others. they are worse than blue vs red or amstaff vs pit bull debates yuck

Together all of these things can lead to millions of dollars directed toward research and lobbying.

IF the APBT community got past "Im a rescuer" "Im an ethical breeder" I have amstaffs I have pit bulls THEY ARE BYBer etc. we would be as powerful as the NRA.

You dont see banning of guns do you? and yet guns kill 100,000+ per year compard to the 3 per year pit bulls do!

If nothing else a BSL fee on registrations puts some BYBer money back into saving the dogs!

OK so grassroots movement JOIN THE NAPBTA THE MEMBERS RUN THE ASSOCIATION... THE ASSOCIATION IS IN LEAGUE WITH UKC... UKC CONTROLS PIT BULL REGISTRATION ROCK ON!
matrix
Just Whelped

Postby matrix » January 25th, 2006, 12:00 pm

MCRI is run out of Shallowater, TX. Started in June of 2005.

PS it is not my real job LOL! It is now taking up all of my free time however and is actually taking off much more than expected.
matrix
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » January 25th, 2006, 12:03 pm

The NAPBTA link sent me to a Japanese site :?

http://www.napbta.com/
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Ah ICY.. that's about 9 hrs from Houston ..

This really has my interest now , I mean that is such a great thing , doing research for canines ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 12:05 pm

The NAPBTA link sent me to a Japanese site

Same here
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Also wanted to say thank you Matrix for answering my questions ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 25th, 2006, 12:12 pm

try this link:

http://www.napbta.com/
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Karen » January 26th, 2006, 8:51 am

So Scott what was your burning need to post this here too? Just curious as I didn't get in on anything over at the kingdom of the banned.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk