Hello from Maine

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Purple » May 27th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Pinkie is getting over heartworm, too, isn't she? How is she doing?

I would love to hear her story, too!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby a-bull » May 27th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Pinkies Mom wrote:Pinkies rags to riches story will take a while to tell so let me put it all together and post it in the morning ok

Cool . . . no rush---you can always give us the "Reader's Digest" version, lol . . . I just remember the pic of her foot on the kennel grabbing me. :( She looks great, and you gotta love those ears!!!
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Asta » May 28th, 2006, 4:45 am

Hello and welcome :wave:

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » May 28th, 2006, 1:53 pm

What a transformation, for sure!! Hello and Welcome! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » May 28th, 2006, 2:04 pm

agree!! You did a great job with her! Lookig forward to her story welcome!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 8:45 pm

Pinkie's story
I was looking on Pet finders for a female pit bull because My son had a Male Pit bull named Chico who needed a friend I found Pinkie
Pinkie was crossed posted on a lot of different sites but this one told her story like no other site did and this is what made me know for sure that Pinkie was the right dog for me!!!!!!!!! I did not adopt Pinkie from this site but was directed to this site by the rescue that I did adopt Pinkie from.

Here's little Pinkie, a Southern pit bull, whose luck has nearly run out -- her rescue sponsor writes:
"7/05 - I am a very nice white pit bull terrier with one blue and one green eye -- I am very pretty! I am full blooded and have lots of problems, all of which can be easily fixed.
This is my story..... I was found on an old county road by a lady. She was very concerned about me and called the shelter to see if there was anything they could do for me.
A volunteer came to pick me up and could not believe what she saw.
My owner abandoned me on this road, but was kind enough to leave my leash with me. I sat in the same spot waiting on his return for three days. He never showed back up."

Here is Pinkie at her intake, affected by demodex mange -- it has since been treated and is no longer a problem!
Also, demodex mange is NOT a problem anyway -- here is more on it.
Now, here is her recent luck turned bad --
"9/05 - Pinkie is back at our shelter.
Unfortunately, she was to be transported up North and the rescue missed the transport.
So she was left behind and returned to Arkansas.
We need to find Pinkie a new home fast. Her time at the shelter is up.
She is very friendly and loves to show affection
And here is the final email I received --

"9/13 - Hi Eric - I am begging for a dog's life again... Poor Pinky's transporter never picked her up in CT, after Pinkie came ALL THE WAY from Arkansas, so Little Pinkie was transported all the way back to Arkansas - where she is now scheduled to be euthanized.
The shelter is overflowing with dogs as a result of Katrina - families that have escaped have ended up in Arkansas and Tennessee - having no place to put themselves or their dogs - the dogs are being dropped at shelters in huge numbers - the shelter has to euthanize its own dogs to make room...they hold 15 dogs and are well over 70 right now. We have 30 dogs coming from the shelter this week - we trying to keep them from having to euthanize
"As you know - Pinky has no chance of adoption where she lives. Can you help her? Sue"
So, there we are -- this girl got all purtied up and traveled long and far to get out of her plight, and now she's right back there again...
... want to count for Pinkie? Want to love her forever?

I will tell you that I never saw the intake photos of Pinkie until 3 weeks into the adoption process but it never changed my mind about adopting her
I adopted Pinkie In October 05 she is one special girl
she does not counter surf she does not get into the garbage etc. etc she is so well behaved I can't believed she spent more than a year in a shelter I'm thank full every day that Joan saved her life
some of you may know where this information came from
Yep yet another good side of spbr
Do ya want to hear about Stig (Trouble ) and Rue
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » May 28th, 2006, 8:50 pm

That's a really nice sory about Pinkie......but, please, do not come here promoting SPBR.
Purple
I live here

Postby PittieLove » May 28th, 2006, 9:06 pm

Poor baby, im blad he got a good home :clap: thanx for saveing his life!!
Welcome
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 9:06 pm

That is not my intent to promote any one the truth speaks many words
I came here for some information and maybe a little chatt
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 9:09 pm

If the mods want me to leave I will no problem
Last edited by Pinkies Mom on May 28th, 2006, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » May 28th, 2006, 9:10 pm

If the truth speaks many words hold true to you, you will find many truths here about SPBR.
Purple
I live here

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 9:15 pm

well the truth in your eyes maybe not be the same truth in my eyes
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 9:20 pm

Maybe I was wrong to come to this forum
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » May 28th, 2006, 9:20 pm

You'll find you're outnumbered here. One or two great stories does not make a great rescue. Please, don't come here to put ice cream on poop....we don't want to hear it....not again, not now, not ever.
Purple
I live here

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 9:32 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way Purple I did not come here to start a fight but if you want one then OK bring it on
but that was not my intent in posting a introduction on this forum I came her for information if you are the MOD and you do not have the information I'm looking for then I will leave
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » May 28th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Nope, no fight, just do not promote SPBR here, and all will be ok.

PS...doesn't the period key work on your keyboard?
Purple
I live here

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 9:40 pm

if you want to be helpfull then point me to information about heartworm I can't seem to find information on the forum about it
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » May 28th, 2006, 9:49 pm

You're right, there doesn't seem to be much on heartworm...why don't you start a new thread?
What kind of info are you looking for? How is Pinkie feeling?
Purple
I live here

Postby Purple » May 28th, 2006, 9:50 pm

Purple
I live here

Postby Pinkies Mom » May 28th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Purple wrote:Nope, no fight, just do not promote SPBR here, and all will be ok.

PS...doesn't the period key work on your keyboard?

Just what does that have to do with anything The Period key on my keyboard WHAT I guess I don't understand this are we in school and maybe in english class sorry its been way to long for me I probally got kids older than you
Pinkies Mom
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions