its nice to meet....

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Maryellen » May 27th, 2006, 9:20 pm

a woman who loves the pit bull breed, tonight at the car show i was talking to a woman who just put her 16 year old black and white pitblll to sleep due to cancer. she has a 9 year old black and white male also, who looks like a ginny york dog, but came from a breeder in virginia.. yeah, i know, but the woman loves the breed, she shows her dogs, does obedience, agility, therapy, and shows them all in a great PR light.. we spoke for over an hour, she loved rufus, which is how we got started talking.. she said thenext one she gets will be a rescue, as she is done with the show circuit after 25 years, and wants to do more fun stuff with a rescue dog..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » May 27th, 2006, 9:24 pm

You're right, it is nice to meet others out in public. A pleasant surprise, for sure!
Purple
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » May 27th, 2006, 9:24 pm

That is great!! It is nice to meet people that you can have a nice conversation about the breed with.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Romanwild » May 28th, 2006, 8:11 am

A kindred spirit! Did you tell her about PBT?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 28th, 2006, 9:04 am

That is so great!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » May 28th, 2006, 9:09 am

yes i did, gave her the link as well..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » May 28th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Yeah. I am actually surprised at how many people are not bothered by and actually are interested in the breed. I went to a small town flea market saw a pitbull then saw another at the farmers market. I took Rocky to the flea market with me. Every vender oohed and ahhed at him. Look its PEtey! they say. It was great!! People petting him. Little yippie dogs barking at him and he just struted along.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk