Weight pull pics, videos, and info!!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby PittieLove » May 26th, 2006, 12:00 pm

I want to start something LOL, here is Ivan after some WP work.

Well the most weight pulled was 110lbs, drag. I have been walking with the tire, working with the lawn mower.
my mom and i were going to build a rail system, should we build that or jsut get a simple garden cart?
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 26th, 2006, 1:20 pm

get a garden cart... then you can make him help with yard work!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby grizzly » May 27th, 2006, 2:12 am

Well the most weight pulled was 110lbs, drag. I have been walking with the tire, working with the lawn mower.
my mom and i were going to build a rail system, should we build that or jsut get a simple garden cart?

i would get a cart there is quite abit involved in a rail track
a rail also has the least resistance
most garden carts have streering not good for training-the cart gets croocked and you have to have somebody to steer it
the garden cart is the most affordably and would work fine upto 800-1200lbs where it will start to buckle
i would start with a garden cart and then have a smaller compitition cart build ( seeme for more on building carts)
110lb drag is great is that short distance and full pull w/o stopping?
i think its great moms helping out
weight pulling is a great family sport
i know families who every member has a dog to pull
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby PittieLove » May 27th, 2006, 9:47 am

it was about 10ft without stopping with the 110. But the part i had connecting the tire to the harness snapped :o

The only thing about things with wheel is i dont have anyone to stop it. I have thicking some rope tied to the back and once we got to the end the rope would stop it. But any ideas on that?
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby grizzly » May 27th, 2006, 11:49 pm

[quote]The only thing about things with wheel is i dont have anyone to stop it. I have thicking some rope tied to the back and once we got to the end the rope would stop it. But any ideas on that?
_________________[/quot

i know people who have used a rope tried to something-it works
i pull uphill-better workout-need less weight on cart -don't need someone to stop the cart
if your dog pulls 1000lbs uphill on level ground they would be able to pull more
i pull in my driveway on a skinny piece of carpet
grizzly
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Sports