Our mods

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 6:15 pm

the petfinder stuff was just proof showing how much help was asked for in money donations, etc.. a well established rescue does not post continuously on forums asking for donations for vetting, food, etc..[/quote]

Is THAT what the point was of all that Petfinder stuff? Cause all I could see there was a bunch of networking trying to get transports together, get funds together, etc. to help discarded dogs. I took in a few myself, and others ended up going to other fosters or adoptive homes. And yes, I sought some donations for dogs in need--most notably Tucker--a pit-lab mix who had heartworm. I fostered Tucker myself while he underwent heartworm treatment. Tucker is now living with a family near me who absolutely adores him. He lives with older children, and he still goes to the same vet that treated him for heartworm. He is a wonderful, gentle, obedient dog who would have died in a shelter had I not asked for donations for his treatment.

I have never claimed to be an established rescue. I am simply a stay-at-home mom who has some extra time on her hands and chooses to spend it helping dogs in any way that I can. I do transports, I send out emails, I sometimes foster. And a couple of times I have sought donations for dogs like Tucker who needed expensive treatments. Sophie is another one who needed donations. She had a bad leg and needed very expensive antibiotics for a bone infection. She now lives with a family nearby as well. She still has a limp but she is the most gentle, wonderful dog I've ever met, and her family loves her despite her "imperfection". Oh, and the one surviving puppy that came along with Sophie was adopted as well, and also goes to my veterinarian. I saw her the other day, actually. She is now about 6 months old and still as sweet as her mama.

So Sophie and Tucker required some donations to help, and I sought those donations anywhere that I could. The people who funded their treatment were people who also adore animals but are not in a position to foster themselves for whatever reason. They were happy to have a way to help these dogs in need. So, Maryellen, if you are only able to find the bad in all of that, so be it. I find that very sad. And I think that you must be a very sad person if you make a habit of seeing the bad in every situation. Not only that, but in the case of the catahoula and Kimba you are extruding the information you choose to aknowledge and ingnoring the rest, just to make your sad point. Why do you feel the need to do that, Maryellen?
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Asta » May 27th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Okies, i have stayed out of ALL the insanely heated topics that have been flying around here as of late. It has made the board very uncharacteristical and not fun at all...From a board where plenty of hot topics were discussed with spirit, different views and good humour it just turned blech.
But i have been lurking plenty and i cant help but have noticed that yeah a certain few people just seem to have allaround bad karma.
Sorry for having traumatic experiences with that crazy board, but let it stop already!
Also, another good advice is to maybe feel out the water a little bit before just going all commando in here or on any board for that matter.
So the consensus i guess would be that 1 person was sacrificed for the greater good as i see it.
Too bad about the good parasitical advice, but c´est la vie :|

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » May 27th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Just close this thread already..... :!:
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 6:41 pm

If you do not want people to have preconceived notions of you please stop bringing up more drama. I am trying to be nice here and not insulting or sarcastic. I am just telling you how it is. That thread was what...3 days ago? Four? Why keep bringing it up? It only add fuel to the fire that you want to put out. Leave it be.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » May 27th, 2006, 6:44 pm

:shutUp:
Purple
I live here

Postby Asta » May 27th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Ok yeah and what Purple said

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby call2arms » May 27th, 2006, 7:02 pm

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby savagem » May 27th, 2006, 7:03 pm

That's a very pretty rainbow. :D
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2006, 7:08 pm

savagem wrote:That's a very pretty rainbow. :D

what? You don't like the unicorns? see there? I try to be nice & get shot down every time. :sad3:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk