I had to laugh at myself!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby concreterose » May 26th, 2006, 10:59 am

I was out walking Solomon this morning, and everything was going really good. I've been working with him on being less reactive with the wild life around here, so I took him out when it got a little light(I usually take him out early when it's still dark, aroun 5:30 am).
Anyways, we are in the middle of the walk, and I spy a loose chow looking mix sniffing around. I stayed very quiet so as to not alert Solomon, and spun around in the other direction. Well, he never saw the other dog, but the other dog saw us
I called Solomon, and started power walking...didn't want to run and risk the dog chasing us! Solomon is still clueless, looking in the trees for squirrels, and this dog is actively following us at a distance! I kept walking briskly, and got to a car and put it between us...then I started to jog. I felt like mission impossible trying to elude this dog! I kept looking back and seeing him duck around bushes, zigzagging back and forth across the street following us. Finally, I got another car between us, turned a corner, and started running. Solomon gives me this ecstatic look and started running alongside me. Then he starts tugging the leash!!! In the meantime, I'm trying to get him to let go of the leash, I see the dog out of the corner of my eye, so I ducked up another street! We started running again when he was out of view...we finally lost him. The funniest thing was Solomon never saw the dog, but I could tell he was just having the greatest time on our 'adventure'. I felt like I was in a movie trying to out smart the bad guys! When we got home I was so tired I wanted to take a nap, but had to come to work. At least we got a good workout!
I told my sister and some of my co-workers about it and they were cracking up...they said that they know some one saw us out their window and probably had a good laugh!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 26th, 2006, 11:02 am

to funny! look out or he's going to start expecting adventure runs!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » May 26th, 2006, 11:04 am

Damn Ninja chows!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby PittieLove » May 26th, 2006, 11:28 am

:D
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » May 26th, 2006, 2:46 pm

The plight of the responsible owner! lol

Good work!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 26th, 2006, 3:51 pm

Hahahahahaha! Good thing Solomon was clueless and you're in good shape! Makes it much easier.

Unfortunately for me Wally can spot a dog a mile away . . . and I'm too out of shape to be running. LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 26th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Heheheh, I was having a fab time picturing that, with the Mission Impossible theme song playing as you're ducking in between cars! :ROFL2:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » May 26th, 2006, 10:55 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Heheheh, I was having a fab time picturing that, with the Mission Impossible theme song playing as you're ducking in between cars! :ROFL2:

OMG...so was I....how funny is that!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby mistee06 » May 27th, 2006, 12:23 pm

hahaha your such a good mom....i love when a dog is totally clueless and your trying to save his butt!!! lol
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby turtle » May 27th, 2006, 3:02 pm

Ahhh yes the things we have to do to avoid loose dogs!

Glad it all worked out ok.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk