You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby cheekymunkee » January 24th, 2006, 6:19 pm

Red, I think the problem with the batons is more the fact that she recommended them as a blanket statement, NOT as a last resort. She even said "only newbies use break sticks". People on PBF were rushing out to buy them with no idea how or when to use them safely. One guy was using his to correct his dog, or at least to "get his attention". You do what you have to do with a dog fight. I have broken up a couple with no stun baton. One with no break stick ( choked the dogs off) and one WITH a break stick that I ended up poking Munkee in the eye with. Of course THAT was not a real fight, it was just Munkee trying to kill Justice. But I did break up a REAL fight between my nephews dogs. If you have to use one as a last resort, that is understandable but she made it sound as if EVERY pit bull owner needed one. Of course, you know this, you were the one she was "yakking" at.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pLaurent » January 24th, 2006, 6:22 pm

It is always personal with her, she won't forget when someone made her look like an idiot a while ago.But to be honest I did not have to work that hard for it, she makes it easy.

Now now, Red. Don't exaggerate. You know you're just a stupid "newbie" sitting in your filthy house bragging about your dogfights. Shame on you.:p

And pick up those nachos off the floor!
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 24th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Oh, those of you who wearhouse dogs and foster...clean your damn house!!!!

Now, now, Red, we all can't have oriental carpet in our spotless garages! :bananaDance:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Red,

It's the fact that she said she uses it first ... not the last resort like you say ...

And her getting people to go buy them and using them on their dogs to correct them... That's my problem ...

Yeah maybe i'm the idoit and don't know what i'm talking about , but that just does not seem right ...

The way you explained it makes people understand it ... not some 'Haha" you need to use ...

Sounds like she didn't use any common sense around the Katrina dogs, or any kind of common sense any where ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Red wrote:Well...what to say?
I am very saddened by your opinions on Jessup, she is my hero so I am gonna have to cry in silence cause you all wouldn't understand the pain.

Ok, I read that and about threw something... I actually shut my brower. Then I came back and noticed that you put the crazy emoticon there...

:fastRoll: :fastRoll:

I'll go read the rest now.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Red wrote:I have never used the device on my dogs but it is charged and ready if I ever need it.It is the last of my resources as I use other methods and a breaking stick.If nothing doesn't work I know where the gun is.
I find it weird that folks who use a shocking collar often sees a problem with it but I will leave it at that.

I put the most important words in bold.

There is a post on PBF where a woman said something to the effect of 'when my dogs start to act up I just say who needs a zap? and they calm right down' This tells me two things, she is using a stun gun to enforce basic house manners AND that diane Jessup made an assinine reccomendadtion and didn't pay any attention to the fall out from her words.

Look at what happened immediately after she posted about how all rescue people are dirty slobs - someone posted that she would never donate to rescue again. People take Diane's word as gospel, and Diane loves it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Darlazmum » January 24th, 2006, 9:48 pm

I personally found her pictures of the california trip to have negative conotations in regards to Villalobos
http://www.workingpitbull.com/catrip.html

read for yourself I don't know if I was being sensitive or what.
Last edited by Darlazmum on January 25th, 2006, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darlazmum
Just Whelped

Postby turtle » January 24th, 2006, 10:16 pm

mnp13 wrote:
Emi wrote:Is with the Katrina dogs , she was making a stink , which is good it happened cause of t hat lady in Ark wasn't the best place...

However, the ARC stuff is hotly contested with both sides claiming the other is not telling the full truth. As a personal request (not representative of the staff here) I would appreciate it if the ARC/NE issue is not posted about here until/unless it is resolved.

I think that Emi meant the EDNAH Tammy Hansen "rescuer" in Arkansas, not ARC (Animal Rescue Cooperation) in her comments.

If you look at her post, she's saying "Ark".

And really that EDNAH (Every Dog Needs A Home) "rescue" was nothing but a sick collector. Tammy Hansen was charged for animal cruelty and there was a stink on PBF about it and rightly so. But it was nothing to do with ARC which is in Oregon...

Good post Michelle, I hate censorship myself. And you have a good point about the other ARC/NW mess.

I just wanted to clarify as it was the Arkansas "rescue" EDNAH that took in so many Katrina dogs and left them sitting in crates for days until they were taken by the sheriff.

turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby aurora » January 24th, 2006, 10:19 pm

I have always had a problem with the way she talks about euthanzing dogs.No respect, no heart..nothing.Colorful expressions that only bring anger.When you kill a dog without feeling a thing then it is time you find something else to do.Each dog deserve respect, no matter what she thinks of them.Dogs aren't responsible of what they do, unlike human beings.

AMEN! This has always been my number one problem with her. She's completely callous.
aurora
Just Whelped

Postby pLaurent » January 24th, 2006, 10:32 pm

"Callous"? A bit. She was once talking about a routine vet visit for one of her dogs. She mentioned that, oh by the way, he behaved well, and if he hadn't, he'd have found himself "in the cooler." Her own dog!

But of course, I'm just a bleeding heart whose "crappy rescue dog" has a bandana and doesn't live on a chain. :rolleyes2:
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » January 24th, 2006, 10:52 pm

CinderDee wrote:
Oh, those of you who wearhouse dogs and foster...clean your damn house!!!!

Now, now, Red, we all can't have oriental carpet in our spotless garages! :bananaDance:

:backRoll:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Red » January 24th, 2006, 11:33 pm

There is a post on PBF where a woman said something to the effect of 'when my dogs start to act up I just say who needs a zap? and they calm right down' This tells me two things, she is using a stun gun to enforce basic house manners AND that diane Jessup made an assinine reccomendadtion and didn't pay any attention to the fall out from her words.

Yes that is something very asinine for that woman to do.My dogs would be cooked by now if I had corrected them with the gun each time they act like idiots in the house!! :rofl:
Unfortunately people always look for easy solutions and they don't really understand what certain "tools" are for and when they should be used.I blame that on the person who miss the point completely though.It is like with training tools, people abuse them.You might suggest the correct use but it isn't understood.Just like with everything it is up to people to use some common sense.Some people simply lack of it.

Look at what happened immediately after she posted about how all rescue people are dirty slobs - someone posted that she would never donate to rescue again.

Another example of little common sense.

I personally found her pcitures of the california trip to have negative conotations in regards to Villalobos

Like what exactly?I am missing it.

Now, now, Red, we all can't have oriental carpet in our spotless garages!

What is wrong with my oriential carpet in the garage??? My dogs can't get their feet cold walking on a naked floor. What kind of owner do you think I am?? :rolleyes2: :P
Red
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Kangas Mommy » January 24th, 2006, 11:50 pm

MAN O MAN! I didnt read all the replys to this post cause there is over 100 BUT I DIDNT KNOW ANY OF THIS! It makes no sence! WOW! People are so ignorant....And i guess i am not suprised at all. ::sigh::
NO MORE FULLY BULLY FOR ME! I should have known when i was asking about how to train my dog to be less dog aggressive she told me to get rid of all my dogs....Here i am today with dogs that live in harmony...Oh and they get along??? Strange?
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Kangas Mommy wrote: I should have known when i was asking about how to train my dog to be less dog aggressive she told me to get rid of all my dogs....

You're no serious....
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Kangas Mommy » January 25th, 2006, 12:00 am

lol nah sorry im serious, she said it will never work and since i couldnt keep them separate at the time (small apartment) i should just find homes for all but her or vice versa..... :rolleyes2:
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby odnarb » January 25th, 2006, 12:12 am

Flat out, Diane's delivery was very poor. She can be very crass, and insensitive.

But, my problem is the blatant hypocracy all around. It's terrible if Diane buys from a dog from somebody who doesn't health test, but it's fine if Matrix and Roki do it.

Even now, everyone is kissing Scot's ass when he's SAYING that he health tested his dog, but won't provide proof. If it were anyone else saying they have nothing to prove, they would lynch them. I remember when he first showed up a few years ago. He was showing a 25 inch dog that was over 100 lbs (but he was balanced! LOL). How quickly things change!
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2006, 12:29 am

But, my problem is the blatant hypocracy all around. It's terrible if Diane buys from a dog from somebody who doesn't health test, but it's fine if Matrix and Roki do it.

How recently did Scott do this? THAT is the key, yes all breeders have bought from untested stock ( well all the ones who have been around any length of time) because testing has only been happening in the past few years.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby odnarb » January 25th, 2006, 2:00 am

cheekymunkee wrote:How recently did Scott do this? THAT is the key, yes all breeders have bought from untested stock ( well all the ones who have been around any length of time) because testing has only been happening in the past few years.

When Scot first showed up on the forums, he'd bought three dogs to start a kennel, two bitches and a dog. All three from breeders that didn't health test.

Trinity - DOB Nov 7 1999
Lily - DOB May 19 2000

Neo was around the same age, he was the 25 inch, 100 plus pound behemoth. He has since passed away, but I'm not sure of what.

The litter with the supposedly health tested (yet abscent proof) sire was born Feb 15 2003.

None of this was very long ago.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby JCleve86 » January 25th, 2006, 2:48 am

From what I gathered from Scot's post, he said he didn't send the results in to any "official" agency but rather read the films himself and found them to be worthy of breeding the dog.

I really don't see how you can compare Diane...who has told folks for years there is no reason to breed and has pushed her rescue efforts...to Scot, who is a responsible breeder. I haven't done the research on Tyson, but from what I gather, his breeder isn't pumping out two litters in one month and selling puppies to anyone with 700 dollars. To me, even if it's "just" an ethical difference between the breeders, it's all the difference in the world. I also don't see how you could compare Scot...who, as he has publicly stated, is making every effort to unify to breed to Diane...who...as anyone who has seen her interactions can see...without making efforts manages to piss a LOT of people off and stir up conflict in the breed. Even within the same crowd (rescue). Even within the same damn rescue group.

At that, I don't think it's the lack of health testing...it's that Totanka is a puppy mill, and yet Diane acted like whoopsy, no biggy, cause it's ME, not one of you morons. Neither Scot nor Kim ever flaunted their actions NEARLY as much as this and made their plans clear...to improve the breed by using these great dogs as "foundations" ...AND we have reason to believe them. What is Diane's purpose with this puppy? To breed her? How can she do that in her condition?

I can see where you are coming from, but I think your focusing too much on one of the issues (lack of health testing) and not seeing the big picture.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 7:47 am

Yes i ment the state not the rescue ..
Emi
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk