Training video.

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby Chris Fraize » May 25th, 2006, 9:36 am

Just a few fun clips of training with different dog from our Wednesday Yahoo session! Some pups, older dogs, prospects and of course, Rumble! Chris is working on his ring patterns with our decoy Mike Connors and Rumble but can never resist the chance to do some out of the box personal protection training.

We have gotten so busy lately that with the business, kids and life in general that Wednesday is really the only time Chris gets to train. Chris and Mike ALWAYS have fun and seem to get Rumble (and the other dogs) better and better each week!

Please enjoy the clips and as always they are open to constructive comments!

http://www.madmaine.com/atv/

Take care,
April Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Romanwild » May 25th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Cool. :D

The backward heel was awesome!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 25th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Rumble always looks happy when he's working, but with that ATV he looks completely ecstatic!!

Who's the decoy for Panda?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » May 25th, 2006, 9:23 pm

The backwards heal...INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

:bowDown:
Purple
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » May 25th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Rumble is always awesome!!!He always have a weird smile on his little face,too bad we can't see that on the video! Great job! BTW I tought it was Megan who did the decoy job,but it's hard to tell :|
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Chris Fraize » May 25th, 2006, 11:15 pm

The decoy is a girl named Megan (not THE Megan another Megan). She wanted to learn to decoy and we always start the new decoys out on the old lady.

Thanks for the kind words on the backwards heel. I was told by a French ring decoy that an APBT can't learn to walk backwards. Guess he was wrong!

Ellie, send Nico over and I will teach him to heel backwards! (and to run to my house when you are not looking!)

Hoyden, I will send you an information package (email) about the training club forming in your area. Hang in there we will get it done!

I hope to see some of the PIT BULL TALK members at the SWAMP STOMP!

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » May 25th, 2006, 11:24 pm

I was told by a French ring decoy that an APBT can't learn to walk backwards. Guess he was wrong!

VERY wrong! Munkee walks backwards when he thinks he is getting something from the fridge.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 26th, 2006, 9:15 am

That is actually Tess homework assignment for freestyle, to walk backwards. I am thinking of clicking her at the door, the only place she backs up on her own. I stand at the door, she crowds to the door, I pause, and look at her, and she backs up and sits so i can open the door.She is so dang operant, if I click her for it even once, she will start offering it other places!

How did you teach it, Chris?
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby a-bull » May 26th, 2006, 9:29 am

I have taught both my dogs "back-up," and they do just that.

HOYDEN That's actually a good command for people who have difficulty walking, if you haven't already taught it to your guys. :)

CHRIS Question:

I've noticed your dog jumps up on you alot with great zeal during these training sessions---Is that o.k.??

I'm asking because my female does that when we're doing something she's overjoyed with, and I allow her, but she is trained to stop when I tell her.

Curious about your thoughts on that . . .

I liked the bulldog's tail once he got to have the protection suit. Such victory. :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Vanessa » May 26th, 2006, 10:09 am

That was a really interesting video. I am definately interested in learning more about bitework. I finally finished reading the bitework debate and that was very educational. My trainer does bitework with his dogs (some of them) and he is very good. I really liked watching him train his dogs and i hope i get the opportunity to learn more and see more of this training.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Cuda » May 26th, 2006, 10:34 am

Chris Fraize wrote:Hoyden, I will send you an information package (email) about the training club forming in your area. Hang in there we will get it done!

Safe training,
Chris Fraize

Chris please send that info my way too.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » May 26th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Cuda wrote:
Chris Fraize wrote:Hoyden, I will send you an information package (email) about the training club forming in your area. Hang in there we will get it done!

Safe training,
Chris Fraize

I'll share. PM me your e-mail addy.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby karma » September 21st, 2006, 1:50 am

On May 26 2006, Hoyden wrote:
Cuda wrote:

Safe training,
Chris Fraize

I'll share. PM me your e-mail addy.

please share with me also
Taj Taylor
Http://www.karmatiknd.com
"Go for the T.E.N." -Taj of Karmatik Training Services
"HEALTHY DOG HAPPY LIFE" - Taj of www.karmatiknd.com

Postby pocketpit » September 21st, 2006, 5:33 am

I was told by a French ring decoy that an APBT can't learn to walk backwards. Guess he was wrong!

Who in the world would say something so silly? :|
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » September 21st, 2006, 3:30 pm

Oscar will walk backwards too. It came out of necessity and accidentally after wouldn't get out of my way I'd say "back up" and now he does it! I'm sure if I bothered to clean it up I could make so he'd just do it...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby karma » September 21st, 2006, 9:29 pm

isnt it funny how accidents always make the best training but when you want to get something learned it takes forever at times. lots of people underestimate the powers of a determined pittie.
Taj Taylor
Http://www.karmatiknd.com
"Go for the T.E.N." -Taj of Karmatik Training Services
"HEALTHY DOG HAPPY LIFE" - Taj of www.karmatiknd.com

Postby mnp13 » September 22nd, 2006, 7:57 am

Riggs walks backwards very well... when I am carrying food that he's not going to have (i.e. my dinner). But when I have a treat so that I can teach him to walk backwards? Noooooooooooooo.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » September 22nd, 2006, 10:28 am

On September 21 2006, 4:33 AM, pocketpit wrote:

Who in the world would say something so silly? :|

Too funny!! I was thinking about this last night. I was trying to shoo Munkee out of the kitchen & into his room so I could feed Justice. He traveled the kitchen & the entire length of the hall backwards.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Richter » September 22nd, 2006, 11:48 am

Great video, and I agree with everyone else, the backwards heel was amazing! :D
Richter
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Training & Behavior