Flint River Ranch

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby usurpers26 » May 25th, 2006, 9:21 pm

Just curious if anyone has any experience with this food. I started Cabo and Toodie on their Trout and Potato a few days ago. We are still thinking of going with raw (Omas Pride) but for the time being we wanted to get them something better than Nutro.

http://www.flintriver.com/productinfo.a ... g-Food.htm

INGREDIENTS: Trout, Potato, Course Ground Millet, Herring Meal, Oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes, Canola Oil, (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flax Seed, Oat Bran, Natural Flavors, Blueberries, Cranberries, Rosemary, Grape Seed Oil, Menhaden Fish Meal, Granola, Ground Oats, Alfalfa Meal, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Dried Eggs, Lecithin, Yucca Schidigem Extract, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulphate, dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Selenium Supplement, Mixed Natural Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Niacin, Iron, Amino Acid complex, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Iron Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganous Oxide, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin, Vitamin D-3, Dried Bacillus Subtillus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product.
usurpers26
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » May 25th, 2006, 9:23 pm

I've never heard of it, but the first real ingredient is potato, not fish. Ideally you want to have meat as your first.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » May 25th, 2006, 9:24 pm

We feed Timberwolf Organics. I've tried California Natural, but my dogs love love love TW.

I get it at the feed store here in Prospect.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby katiek0417 » May 25th, 2006, 10:29 pm

My dog walker feeds this food to her rottie with hip problems...she said his coat had never looked better, etc...he is a good looking dog and you can't even tell he has hip issues....she loves this food....
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Magnolia618 » May 25th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Too many fillers. You'd be much better off with Timberwolf, Natures Variety, Merrick, Wysong, or Canidae.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health