took a shelter dog home for the day

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby a-bull » May 25th, 2006, 7:13 am

I've really enjoyed this thread. What a great story, and isn't the $20 just the capper ending? :)

Just work on the "leave it" command with the kitties. I kept my girl on a leash around the cats until she learned to "leave it" and then I taught her "go easy" so she could check them out. You may not want to use the leash, given that he only seems to be chasing them and not trying to hurt them, but "leave it" will probably help. I bet he'll be fine.

Enjoy! He looks like a great boy.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 25th, 2006, 9:14 am

He IS very handsome (and I am not saying that to make your day all sunshine and rainbows!)

Good for you for adopting a shelter dog. Great job!!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullforever » May 25th, 2006, 9:42 am

thanks everyone he really is a good boy i'm prob going to give it a couple more trys (with him) before makeing it offical. all and all though i think i've found my new dog. :D
pitbullforever
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Asta » May 25th, 2006, 9:50 am

What a totally great story!!! Just what i needed to read here *happy sigh and smile* He is very handsome and sounds like a perfect fit so far, congrats :) (although a tad prematurely ;) )

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby rockermom » May 25th, 2006, 10:54 am

Yeah another shelter dog may have a home. I am always curious about shelter dogs stories. Do you know what his story is. Being 7 yrs old and sounding like a nice boy I assume he was well treated. Sounds meant to be. He looks like he could be Rocky's daddy. Rocky is also has dark brown spots.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby luvmyangels » May 25th, 2006, 11:52 am

He is very handsome. I hope it works out for everyone involved. That is too cool that you found $20.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Purple » May 25th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Just checkin' in....so far, so good!! Looks like we may be in for a happy ending!
Purple
I live here

Postby pitbullforever » May 29th, 2006, 11:55 pm

it is a happy ending i think he's found his forever home. he's so great. there is a little bit i need to work on with him but for the most part he's great. to answer the question about how he was treated the answer is acully very sad. he was in a curulity case when he first got to the shelter its been going on now for the past 3 years and just ended last september (or somewhere around there) he's scared of so much stuff i feel bad. i took him to the river yesterday for a swim and found out he's scared of water, rocks, and fireworks. poor poor boy. anyway i've got some more pics oh my boy troy
taken by the river
thinking hes a cat on the cat bed
him with my husbad
pitbullforever
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby turtle » May 30th, 2006, 12:15 am

He's very handsome! Congrats! And I like the name Troy, too. I love the pics of him trying to fit in the cat bed. Good luck with him, he will be good for you and you'll be good for him...

(Yeah Debby, he does look like KSims' blue dog Duke, doesn't he?)
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullforever » May 30th, 2006, 12:03 pm

gf turtle wrote:He's very handsome! Congrats! And I like the name Troy, too. I love the pics of him trying to fit in the cat bed. Good luck with him, he will be good for you and you'll be good for him...

(Yeah Debby, he does look like KSims' blue dog Duke, doesn't he?)

pitbullforever
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby rockermom » May 30th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Happy Day!!! I was so hoping it would work out for ya. How is he doing with the cat? I hope the cats not mad about Troy taking over the bed.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 30th, 2006, 12:25 pm

oh bridgett, i am so happy for you!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 30th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Maryellen wrote:oh bridgett, i am so happy for you!!

Me too!! He looks like he fits right in already & I LOVE the name Troy!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 30th, 2006, 1:36 pm

Great pics! He looks right at home, congrats!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby call2arms » May 30th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Congratulations!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » May 30th, 2006, 5:52 pm

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Congrats!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 30th, 2006, 5:59 pm

[quote="gf turtle"]He's very handsome! Congrats! And I like the name Troy, too. I love the pics of him trying to fit in the cat bed. Good luck with him, he will be good for you and you'll be good for him...

(Yeah Debby, he does look like KSims' blue dog Duke, doesn't he?)[/quote]

YES!!! Funny, I didn't even have to say anything & you knew who I was talking about!! He looks just like him except for the color, the markings even look the same.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullforever » June 1st, 2006, 5:30 pm

houlabulla? wrote:Happy Day!!! I was so hoping it would work out for ya. How is he doing with the cat? I hope the cats not mad about Troy taking over the bed.

he's doing a lot better with the cats than he was. when he really really wants to play than he'll chase them but besides that he leaves them alone and they leave him alone. he's in the crate at night and when we aren't home just for safty. but hes really doing GREAT!!! :clap:
pitbullforever
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby blkngldbabe » June 1st, 2006, 7:07 pm

COngrats to the both of you!! He's a handsome boy! Love his smile in the Petfinder shots. Always great to hear about two good sould finding each other.
blkngldbabe
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullforever » June 3rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

blkngldbabe wrote:COngrats to the both of you!! He's a handsome boy! Love his smile in the Petfinder shots. Always great to hear about two good sould finding each other.

pitbullforever
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk