Any interest in a K9-STS Training Club in CT?

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

What is your level of interest in forming a Dog Training Club in CT

Poll ended at June 8th, 2006, 12:09 am

VERY Interested! Where do I sign? Let's get movin'.
5
56%
Interested, but need more info, please?
3
33%
Somewhat interested....
0
No votes
No interest - you guys are nuts.
1
11%
 
Total votes : 9

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2006, 12:09 am

After the awesome dog training seminar up at Canine Solutions Training Services in Maine, I asked Chris about continuing to work with them.

He suggested that we form a Dog Training Club here in CT that meets 1 or 2 times each month to train our dogs and Chris will come down from Maine to work with us here. There is a location in Enfield where we can meet and train with him.

So let's find out how many people are really interested.

http://www.k9sts.com



EDITED TO ADD: Make sure you post a message so I know who wants to join us!!
Last edited by Hoyden on May 24th, 2006, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby Cuda » May 24th, 2006, 8:15 am

I would def. be in on this. My only problem is enfield is still 3 hrs. from me. Damn this cars nowadays and speed limits :). Anyone want to donate a few dollars to my helicopter fund? i only need approx 300k. if everyone here donates about $1000.00 i should be on my way in no time.

Common all help the cause. Go into your piggy banks and throw me a G.
User avatar
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 143
Location: North Jersey

Postby Marinepits » May 24th, 2006, 9:10 am

HELL YEAH! Let's do this!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby mnp13 » May 24th, 2006, 11:00 am

it's 4 hours to enfield for me, and I'd be love to come out occasionally as well. can I crash at someone's house though? adding in hotel costs would be a problem.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby ellie@ny » May 24th, 2006, 11:30 am

Oh man I just found this topic.... :bricks:
Totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I don't care if it's 2-3 hours it's still closer than ME..... :D
Let us know if you know something!!! :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
User avatar
ellie@ny
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 1979
Location: NY

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2006, 11:35 am

mnp13 wrote:it's 4 hours to enfield for me, and I'd be love to come out occasionally as well. can I crash at someone's house though? adding in hotel costs would be a problem.


You can crash with us anytime. For now we can double up the kids or let them camp in our back woods (which they'd love).

We're working on finishing the downstairs which will have a bathroom with shower, sleeper sofas and my craftroom with a sleeper couch in there too.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby Cuda » May 24th, 2006, 11:37 am

I Have at least 1 more friend of mine that will def be into this. Going to call another friend a little later when he's out of work.
User avatar
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 143
Location: North Jersey

Postby ellie@ny » May 24th, 2006, 11:41 am

Can a person bring 2 badass dog? :)
Good for you Playboy,at least you guys can carpool together!
About the speeding if you only go faster 10-15 mi that's no big deal for the cops.....they alway pass me and go for the way more faster peps...
Last edited by ellie@ny on May 24th, 2006, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
User avatar
ellie@ny
Full of Bully
 
Posts: 1979
Location: NY

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2006, 11:43 am

Wahooo!!!! :D :D :D

Although my husband thinks we're a bunch of weirdos, he's always ready to stoke the grill and have a cookout. He got one of those smoker type grills and has been making beef brisket that falls apart and ribs.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2006, 11:46 am

ellie@ny wrote:Can a person bring 2 badass dog? :)
Good for you Playboy,at least you guys can carpool together!
About the speeding if you only go faster 10-15 mi that's no big deal for the cops.....they alway pass me and go for the way more faster peps...


I have a comprehensive list of all the know speed traps in CT :D
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 11:53 am

Cuda wrote:I would def. be in on this. My only problem is enfield is still 3 hrs. from me. Damn this cars nowadays and speed limits :). Anyone want to donate a few dollars to my helicopter fund? i only need approx 300k. if everyone here donates about $1000.00 i should be on my way in no time.

Common all help the cause. Go into your piggy banks and throw me a G.


sorry, Cuda---not hearing anyone starting a benefit dance for you, lol . . . Set up a Paypal account. :wink:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby Cuda » May 24th, 2006, 11:55 am

Sounds like we have some stuff in the making here. I know my g/f wont mind hitting the grill and having some fun out there. Shes not too into the training side of it, and Cuda really doesnt listen to her for crap becuase she lets him walk all over her. But i would like her to know how to handle him if the need ever arose for her to do so.
User avatar
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 143
Location: North Jersey

Postby Cuda » May 24th, 2006, 11:58 am

a-bull wrote:
Cuda wrote:I would def. be in on this. My only problem is enfield is still 3 hrs. from me. Damn this cars nowadays and speed limits :). Anyone want to donate a few dollars to my helicopter fund? i only need approx 300k. if everyone here donates about $1000.00 i should be on my way in no time.

Common all help the cause. Go into your piggy banks and throw me a G.


sorry, Cuda---not hearing anyone starting a benefit dance for you, lol . . . Set up a Paypal account. :wink:


Okay i just set up the paypal account. All the donations can be made through paypal to the following address
I.Really.Want.A.Helicopter@Not.A.Chance ... Though.com

Thanks in advance all.
User avatar
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 143
Location: North Jersey

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Cuda wrote:
a-bull wrote:
Cuda wrote:I would def. be in on this. My only problem is enfield is still 3 hrs. from me. Damn this cars nowadays and speed limits :). Anyone want to donate a few dollars to my helicopter fund? i only need approx 300k. if everyone here donates about $1000.00 i should be on my way in no time.

Common all help the cause. Go into your piggy banks and throw me a G.


sorry, Cuda---not hearing anyone starting a benefit dance for you, lol . . . Set up a Paypal account. :wink:


Okay i just set up the paypal account. All the donations can be made through paypal to the following address
I.Really.Want.A.Helicopter@Not.A.Chance ... Though.com

Thanks in advance all.


o.k.---next to "Pitcess'" Kiki posts, your link got me good . . . lmao . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby mnp13 » May 24th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Cuda wrote:But i would like her to know how to handle him if the need ever arose for her to do so.


It'll never happen if she doesn't start wirking with him.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Cuda wrote:Sounds like we have some stuff in the making here. I know my g/f wont mind hitting the grill and having some fun out there. Shes not too into the training side of it, and Cuda really doesnt listen to her for crap becuase she lets him walk all over her. But i would like her to know how to handle him if the need ever arose for her to do so.


She has to work him or he won't listen to her. I have to drag my husband up there too because he is quite content to let Petey be a big goof that listens when he feels like it. And that undermines Birdie's training.

Mark asked what I learned over the weekend, I told him Chris was teaching me to "Shut up, listen and do what he was telling & showing me to do", he said if Chris manages THAT, then he is a Man among Men. lol

Your g/f and my husband can comiserate and agree that we're all nuts.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby Hoyden » May 25th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Bump bump ba bump :D
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby mnp13 » May 25th, 2006, 3:36 pm

exactly why did I spend a week looking for this emoticon if you are not going to use it?

:bump:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Hoyden » May 25th, 2006, 3:39 pm

mnp13 wrote:exactly why did I spend a week looking for this emoticon if you are not going to use it?

:bump:


For lazy people like me who forget them :D
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby Jenn » May 25th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Ok, I'm the only that chose no interest you guys are nuts? lol
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
User avatar
Jenn
undecided
 
Posts: 11382
Location: TX

Next

Return to Training & Behavior

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]

cron