Susie needs a Foster Home

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2006, 9:41 am

cheekymunkee wrote:And truthfully, it ALL falls back to Eric. These are his dogs & ultimatley, HE is responsible for them. I do hope you find a solution or a new foster home for her or just SOMETHING that works.

AND he should be smart enough to see when a foster might possibly be over burdened & say no himself to letting them foster before hand.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 9:42 am

savagem wrote:I will say again, just because no one can offer to take Susie for you from this group, this does not mean people are not well intended in their posts.

Gotcha. I just don't think that guilting me about the situation is the least bit helpful. :| The rest of the advice has been well-intended and helpful--thank you.[/quote]

I don't think anyone is trying to "guilt" you.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 9:43 am

With all due respect, Maryellen, this is exactly what I had planned to do before Eric told me that Susie and her pups were in immediate danger if I did not take them on. And I have two children, not one. And I have handled 20 other foster dogs over the past year with three personal dogs and 2 kids, and they have all been placed into wonderful new homes. Don't you think you're being a bit presumptuous in telling me when I should take on more fosters, how many I should take one, etc., etc.? I mean, come on....are you my mother?

no i am not a mother full time, i have 2 stepchildren. and a husband, the only reason why i posted this is because i have seen you post on pbsmiles when i belonged about asking help for the same stuff... i have seen old posts there as well.. which is why i am saying, with 4 personal dogs and 2 kids maybe its too much for you to do.. take a break.. obviously, one foster dog with 3 personal you did fine with... now you have 4 personal, one foster mom, with puppies..
and no, i am not being presumptous.. i am being realistic..

i dont care if someone is begging me and telling me dogs will die, i will ONLY take in what i can handle... if the rescue cant take the dog in question that is being moved from one foster home to another,then the rescue's owner of that said rescue should take the dog themselves.. and if that cant be done the rescue owner needs to reevaluate his/her practices.. as well as the foster parents as well.... only take in what you can handle.. no one is going to put me in a situation that could turn out negative for my family or my dogs, and no one will guilt me into taking in more then i can handle.. it wont happen, and never has.. and yes, the dogs may die. but its not my responsibility to wipe the rescues butt every time they screw up..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 9:43 am

cheekymunkee wrote:And truthfully, it ALL falls back to Eric. These are his dogs & ultimatley, HE is responsible for them. I do hope you find a solution or a new foster home for her or just SOMETHING that works.

No, no, they are not his dogs because I didn't sign the agreement with him. He refused to allow me any leeway in how vaccinations and spays/neuters were handled, despite the outbreak of Parvo he has just endured due to his "tried and true" practices. This is what led to my departure from pbsmiles.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 24th, 2006, 9:46 am

Yes, I think that is one of the take-home messages here. This situation is all because of Eric. He saw $$puppies$$. He couldn't give two craps about what happened to Susie. Unfortunately he is going to continue to do this to more and more adult dogs.
I'm so sorry about Susie. She is adorable, and does look like a love. I wish I could help. I will send out a couple emails with her picture.
PM me your email address so if anyone is interested they know who to contact. Also, maybe you could give a description of her and her temperament here so anyone can pass the word around.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2006, 9:47 am

Awwww ok, I understand now. I know you have posted that but with all the stories flying around, it is hard to keep straight who is who.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 9:47 am

Maryellen wrote:
With all due respect, Maryellen, this is exactly what I had planned to do before Eric told me that Susie and her pups were in immediate danger if I did not take them on. And I have two children, not one. And I have handled 20 other foster dogs over the past year with three personal dogs and 2 kids, and they have all been placed into wonderful new homes. Don't you think you're being a bit presumptuous in telling me when I should take on more fosters, how many I should take one, etc., etc.? I mean, come on....are you my mother?

no i am not a mother full time, i have 2 stepchildren. and a husband, the only reason why i posted this is because i have seen you post on pbsmiles when i belonged about asking help for the same stuff... i have seen old posts there as well.. which is why i am saying, with 4 personal dogs and 2 kids maybe its too much for you to do.. take a break.. obviously, one foster dog with 3 personal you did fine with... now you have 4 personal, one foster mom, with puppies..

i dont care if someone is begging me and telling me dogs will die, i will ONLY take in what i can handle... if the rescue cant take the dog in question that is being moved from one foster home to another,then the rescue's owner of that said rescue should take the dog themselves.. and if that cant be done the rescue owner needs to reevaluate his/her practices.. as well as the foster parents as well.... only take in what you can handle.. no one is going to put me in a situation that could turn out negative for my family or my dogs, and no one will guilt me into taking in more then i can handle.. it wont happen, and never has.. and yes, the dogs may die. but its not my responsibility to wipe the rescues butt every time they screw up..

Bottom line--my plan was to take a break from rescuing, and that is what I plan to do once Susie and pups are placed. Good for you if you've never gotten in over your head. You're a better woman than I am, maybe? I'm human, I have made mistakes. And when I do I ask for help.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 9:48 am

savagem- post susie and the pups on http://www.pbrc.net under available dogs.. post them as well on petfinder, post them at http://www.ucarerescue.net, and contact out of the pits and animal farm foundation as well. if any rescues want the pups, give them the pups... its easier to place pups.. also contact http://www.rawhiderescue.com they are in nj, and might be able to help as well, they might be able to take just the pups, but at least its 8 pups out of your house, which will make dealingwith susie easier, or they might take susie..

also http://www.rogersrescues.com too..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 9:54 am

Maryellen wrote:

I agree . . .

I was on pbsmiles when you were looking for a foster for a Catahoula because you couldn't take him. You heard I loved Catahoulas and you asked me to foster. When I was ambivalent, you and a couple of others lit into me about why I couldn't and how the dog would die if I didn't. As bad as I felt about that, I owed it to myself and my family to just say no because I had an obligation to them first and foremost. Talk about people laying on a guilt trip---and you know what, despite the guilt trip, I never felt guilty because I knew I was doing the right thing.

Guilt is self inflicted . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 9:57 am

OK, here is a description of Susie, and a photo.

Susie is a young mother who was pulled from a shelter in Georgia with her 8 tiny puppies. She was very skinny and loaded with hookworms and roundworms. Susie has since been wormed and is finally starting to put on weight. Susie is extremely affectionate--she loves to crawl up into your lap and receive love. She is food aggressive with other dogs, and needs to be fed separately. She will also occasionally become aggressive when she is receiving attention and another dog comes over for some love. In this situation she will growl, but will respond when told to "knock it off". She is learning to play with the other dogs in the household as she begins to feel better physically. Susie has a very high prey drive and should probably not be placed into a home with cats or other small animals. She might do fine with one other dog of the opposite sex if she is separated for food and high-value treats. Susie is young--my vet estimates between 1 and 2 years old. She is currently at 40 pounds, but will probably be between 45 and 50 pounds when she is at her optimal weight. Image
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 9:58 am

i am human too savagem, and i learn from my mistakes like everyone else. but i dont keep making the same mistake over and over once i learned my lesson.i have listed a bunch of places for you to contact for the pups and susie in my posts, call them , email them, and see if one of them can help, even if a rescue takes 3 pups, thats 3 less at your house, or susie..

and i am not a better woman, i am equal to everyone here.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 9:59 am

a-bull wrote:
Maryellen wrote:

I agree . . .

I was on pbsmiles when you were looking for a foster for a Catahoula because you couldn't take him. You heard I loved Catahoulas and you asked me to foster. When I was ambivalent, you and a couple of others lit into me about why I couldn't and how the dog would die if I didn't. As bad as I felt about that, I owed it to myself and my family to just say no because I had an obligation to them first and foremost. Talk about people laying on a guilt trip---and you know what, despite the guilt trip, I never felt guilty because I knew I was doing the right thing.

Guilt is self inflicted . . .

Don't remember that incident, but I'm sorry if I was too harsh.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 10:01 am

savagem- post susie and the pups on http://www.pbrc.net under available dogs.. post them as well on petfinder, post them at http://www.ucarerescue.net, and contact out of the pits and animal farm foundation as well. if any rescues want the pups, give them the pups... its easier to place pups.. also contact http://www.rawhiderescue.com they are in nj, and might be able to help as well, they might be able to take just the pups, but at least its 8 pups out of your house, which will make dealingwith susie easier, or they might take susie..

also http://www.rogersrescues.com too..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 10:01 am

Maryellen wrote:i am human too savagem, and i learn from my mistakes like everyone else. but i dont keep making the same mistake over and over once i learned my lesson.i have listed a bunch of places for you to contact for the pups and susie in my posts, call them , email them, and see if one of them can help, even if a rescue takes 3 pups, thats 3 less at your house, or susie..

and i am not a better woman, i am equal to everyone here.

Whoa--who is making the same mistake over and over? Are we talking about me here, or Eric? Because that does not apply to me. Yes, I will contact those places. Thank you. But I'm not looking to place pups, just mama.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 10:03 am

i would place whatever any rescue agrees to take at this point.. caring for all the puppies and susie is a strain, and even if 3 pups or all of them are taken, it will make things easier, ask them all to see if they can take susie..here is another place, the director is the owner of out of the pits, if she feels susie can handle a kennel evironment and pass a temperment test she will take susie.. if she fails she will telll you right away and you bring susie back home to you that same day:

http://www.capital.net/~tisi/Menands.htm
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 10:06 am

What is that collar she is wearing??
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 10:07 am

OK, I will get to contacting. Just to clarify--I won't be letting the puppies go anywhere right now. They haven't even had any vaccs. yet and I don't think that this is a good point in their lives to be separated or to change locations. Susie is the one who is stressing out the other dogs. The puppies are not a problem. And Susie has had all her vaccs., and is not at a crucial point in her development.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 10:07 am

that is either a citronella collar or an electric collar.. why is that on her??????
Maryellen
I live here

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 10:08 am

In that particular photo she is wearing a collar for my electric fence. I trained her on it so she could have some freedom outside.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 10:09 am

Maryellen wrote:that is either a citronella collar or an electric collar.. why is that on her??????

It is an electric collar for my invisible fence system. Why it is on her is answered in my previous post.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue