Edit Button, again

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 8:16 pm

Sometimes I have an edit button/sometimes I don't---why??

I know alot of people have mentioned not having one, but I always did---now I don't.

Just curious . . . :|
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Vanessa » May 23rd, 2006, 8:27 pm

Same here... sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not????
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 8:28 pm

David Blaine? :o
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 23rd, 2006, 8:30 pm

I think it has to do with which forum you're in.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby muse » May 23rd, 2006, 8:35 pm

but but but.. i ALWAYS need an edit button..lol
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 8:42 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I think it has to do with which forum you're in.

I JUST noticed that, because I was in the "Shrinky Dink" forum and there is an edit button in there---and rightfully so, lol
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 23rd, 2006, 8:57 pm

Depends on the forum, it is to keep people from editing their posts. Duh!! In the past on other boards there was a problem with people posting something, making sure the intended 'victim" saw the post, then editing it out to seem innocent. That won't fly here. :) if you postit, you own it. Think before you hit that submit button. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 9:13 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Depends on the forum, it is to keep people from editing their posts. Duh!! In the past on other boards there was a problem with people posting something, making sure the intended 'victim" saw the post, then editing it out to seem innocent. That won't fly here. :) if you postit, you own it. Think before you hit that submit button. :wink:

omg . . . people actually did that? That is so lame & spineless . . .
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby muse » May 23rd, 2006, 9:28 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Depends on the forum, it is to keep people from editing their posts. Duh!! In the past on other boards there was a problem with people posting something, making sure the intended 'victim" saw the post, then editing it out to seem innocent. That won't fly here. :) if you postit, you own it. Think before you hit that submit button. :wink:

thats kinda like thinking before i speak.. damn, im not good at that either. :thought: :hearNoEvil:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 23rd, 2006, 10:06 pm

a-bull wrote:

omg . . . people actually did that? That is so lame & spineless . . .

Oh yeah. Pretty lame

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » May 24th, 2006, 10:32 am

What I'm thinking of doing is making it an 'earned' system - but that is very subjective. Unfortunately, if we make it 'punative' then the damage has usually been done already.

There is a forum modification that will save the original version of all edited posts, but I've been having trouble installing it. If I get that right, the edit button will be available everywhere because I'll be able to roll back posts and then remove edit proviledges for individual members.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 10:37 am

mnp13 wrote:What I'm thinking of doing is making it an 'earned' system -

LOL!! Earned by the amount of typos and wrong names a person uses? IF thats the case, gimme gimme. :wink:
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 24th, 2006, 10:38 am

muse wrote:

LOL!! Earned by the amount of typos and wrong names a person uses? IF thats the case, gimme gimme. :wink:

lol

earned by number of posts, reliability, attitude, history, etc etc etc which would be a royal pain in the butt to administrate.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » May 24th, 2006, 10:39 am

I think that making it be earned is a fabulous idea. Because I'm sick and tired of posting things and then later on realizing I spelled my own name wrong :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 10:43 am

SisMorphine wrote:I think that making it be earned is a fabulous idea. Because I'm sick and tired of posting things and then later on realizing I spelled my own name wrong :)

Whats your name again? :wine:
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby SisMorphine » May 24th, 2006, 10:50 am

muse wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:I think that making it be earned is a fabulous idea. Because I'm sick and tired of posting things and then later on realizing I spelled my own name wrong :)

Whats your name again? :wine:

Well without the edit button is Asmyla.
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » May 24th, 2006, 10:56 am

mnp13 wrote:
muse wrote:

lol

earned by number of posts, reliability, attitude, history, etc etc etc which would be a royal pain in the butt to administrate.

I think it is a great idea. A pain in the butt but good nontheless

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Cuda » June 8th, 2006, 11:46 am

Yeah this whole sometimes the edit button is there and sometimes its not thing is quite annoying.

If you want to make it earned make it based on # of posts and keep it simple. Also maybe a good way to do it would be to allow edits up until someone has posted something after it. I dont know if there is a mod for phpBB that does that but there should be. Ill try to hunt something down that does that for you.

Anyway just doing a little complaining and moaning :).

Love ya's
Bryan
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » June 8th, 2006, 11:52 am

the edit button is only not in the main forum.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Cuda » June 8th, 2006, 11:58 am

mnp13 wrote:the edit button is only not in the main forum.

(In my best Churchlady voice) Well isnt that sppeeccciiiaaallll?

Would you like me to try and hunt down a mod along the lines of what i mentioned up a post or two?
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Next

Return to Questions / Problems