Scared Dogs

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2006, 6:03 pm

OK, So I put this here because I didn't want to put it to one particular posting, but . . .

Why is it that in so many pictures of members' dogs, the dog looks absolutely petrified and just about ready to faint if you breathe too hard?

I'm sorry, but I see absolutely no reason why a dog would be like unless something is up. Now obviously when I punish Weda she does the pouting, but to me it seems like alot of dogs I'm seeing these days look scared as all he-ll.

And don't get me started on people saying . . . "OH HOW CUTE". No it's not cute, the dog looks ridiculous. Don't patronize people, and don't act like everything in this world is perfect and beautiful.

Excuse me, I've had a long week!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Libby » May 23rd, 2006, 6:06 pm

Could you show some examples? I think I know what you mean, but in my case, Gypsy doesn't like to get her picture taken, so in most of the pictures, she looks pouty.

Ket
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Libby » May 23rd, 2006, 6:07 pm

Also, I think its a little unfair to just assume something is up with the dogs looking 'terrified'. I have met a few dogs that are afraid of cameras. lol I have had a long week too.

Ket
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Romanwild » May 23rd, 2006, 6:07 pm

What's up Tony? :?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2006, 6:08 pm

Ketra wrote:Also, I think its a little unfair to just assume something is up with the dogs looking 'terrified'. I have met a few dogs that are afraid of cameras. lol I have had a long week too.

Ket

I don't mean as far as abuse, I mean just the dogs got some issues. I absolutely hate hate hate . . . HATE. . . H-A-T-E mopey dogs. I would never own one, PERIOD!
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Libby » May 23rd, 2006, 6:09 pm

Alright, it sounded like you were implying that everyone was abusing their dogs. Although I don't hate mopey dogs, I'm glad mine aren't always like that :)

Ket
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2006, 6:11 pm

Romanwild wrote:What's up Tony? :?

Nothing much, just people calling me Tony! :evil:

:lol3:
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Romanwild » May 23rd, 2006, 6:14 pm

oh.....you're one of those. :rolleyes2:

Sorry.............ANTHONY!

LOL

So you're saying that you would pts a mopey dog? :o
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 23rd, 2006, 6:16 pm

Romanwild wrote:So you're saying that you would pts a mopey dog? :o

:spit:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2006, 6:23 pm

Romanwild wrote:oh.....you're one of those. :rolleyes2:

LOL

Nope, but it wouldn't be in my house.
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 6:32 pm

Big_Ant wrote:
Romanwild wrote:oh.....you're one of those. :rolleyes2:

LOL

Nope, but it wouldn't be in my house.

You're right . . . it would be in my house.

:ROFL2:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 23rd, 2006, 6:49 pm

Examples please?
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby babyreba » May 23rd, 2006, 7:32 pm

maybe the dogs look mopey or whatever because it's kind of a weird and annoying thing to have someone stick a camera in your face while you are sleeping or chewing a bone or playing with your squeaky toy . . . perhaps even confrontational, since dogs aren't by nature accustomed to ventral greetings . . . :?:
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 7:34 pm

babyreba wrote:maybe the dogs look mopey or whatever because it's kind of a weird and annoying thing to have someone stick a camera in your face while you are sleeping or chewing a bone or playing with your squeaky toy . . . perhaps even confrontational, since dogs aren't by nature accustomed to ventral greetings . . . :?:

wow . . . great observation! :thumbsup:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Barbara Dempsey » May 23rd, 2006, 7:34 pm

Example please Tony. I think all the dogs look great.
Barbara Dempsey
Just Whelped

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2006, 7:50 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Examples please?

Please! I'm no idiot. I do that and everyone and their mama would be crying their bleeding hearts. This was just a general observation. I didn't put it on any specific posting, although I could have, because I didn't want to single any out.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby muse » May 23rd, 2006, 7:53 pm

Sorry Anthony, Im not sure I see what your talking about either. I think most of the pics are quite nice and the dogs look awesome. UNLESS you mean MY pics, then well, your delusional. :wink:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 7:53 pm

Image[/quote
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2006, 7:53 pm

Barbara Dempsey wrote:Example please Tony. I think all the dogs look great.

That's what I'm referring to. Not all dogs look great. They aren't all warm and cuddly and beautiful like everyone thinks they are. Some of them are ugly!

Yes, there are some good looking ones, but it can't be denied that there are uglies, and everyone is so quick to tell someone "Oh, he's so cute"

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Malli » May 23rd, 2006, 7:54 pm

Oscar always looks "sad" and "scared" :| we get it ALL the time. He is anything BUT. Except when we do training, he meets a new dog lover, or something extra exciting is happening.
I tell people he just knows how to "work it" with the looks.

I rarely see him scared of anything, so he isn't scared, people just think he looks that way.

I'm the same way, people tell me to "smile Malli, things are great!" or whatever. I'm just not a smiler, why do I have to always smile? :|

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk