Chopper :(

Postby Verderben » May 23rd, 2006, 6:21 pm

My dog Chopper died Saturday. The vet says he had parvo. I got him about a week and a half ago down in Kentucky. They said he had all his shots. He was almost 6 months old. I am very sad. He suddenly got very very sick saturday afternoon . He hasnt been feeling good but was eating and drinking and had normal poop so I didnt think nothin of it just figured he didnt feel well. Then he started throwing up and pooping blood so we took him to the emergency vet. They did a parvo test and confirmed our suspicions. He started seziuring so I was holding him and after the seziure he died. I miss him alot and what is worse I had to throw all of his things away. All my other dogs are acting sad. They know something is wrong. Bane is acting scared the others are just acting depressed. I called the kennel he came from and they said he had his shots so it couldnt be parvo, but the vet did 2 parvo tests to be sure and they both came back possitive. I had him cremated so I have to go pick up his ashes.

Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » May 23rd, 2006, 6:27 pm

Oh, no! I am SO SORRY, V! Poor little dude. :cry: RIP.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby kymn25 » May 23rd, 2006, 6:30 pm

:cry1: RIP poor little puppy. You are free from sickness.

:groupHug:

so sorry for your loss.
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby a-bull » May 23rd, 2006, 6:38 pm

Oh man, that chomps. Poor little guy/poor you---so sorry.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 23rd, 2006, 6:46 pm

I am so sorry :( You should let the breeder know that it can be parvo because sometimes puppies immunities hold on longer than the puppy vax so by the time their immunity from their mother is gone, the vaccines have been fought off and they are back at square one (which is why they get a set of shots as pups instead of just one). It can be genetic and they should have their other puppers checked via titer for how immune they are to parvo.

What a horrible thing to have happened. Snuggle the puppers you have. I am so sorry.
:cry:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Jesseca » May 23rd, 2006, 6:50 pm

Oh man. I'm so sorry :cry:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 23rd, 2006, 6:51 pm

Oh no! Poor Chopper...RIP little man.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Miakoda » May 23rd, 2006, 7:11 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Just a tip: NEVER ever ever trust that someone has given them the entire set of puppy vaccines without some sort of substantiated proof (ie vet records). I will always revaccinate without question when I hear someone swear to me that the dog has had all it's shots but is unable to provide solid documentation. Better safe than sorry. And go ahead & bleach your yard & every part of your house that's possible. I saw you are looking for another pup in another post & if you bring him into your home now, chances are very very high that he would only become infected.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Verderben » May 23rd, 2006, 7:27 pm

Miakoda wrote:I'm so sorry for your loss.

Just a tip: NEVER ever ever trust that someone has given them the entire set of puppy vaccines without some sort of substantiated proof (ie vet records). I will always revaccinate without question when I hear someone swear to me that the dog has had all it's shots but is unable to provide solid documentation. Better safe than sorry. And go ahead & bleach your yard & every part of your house that's possible. I saw you are looking for another pup in another post & if you bring him into your home now, chances are very very high that he would only become infected.

We have bleached everything several. I ordered some trifectant online and it is supposed to kill parvo and we are going to disinfect again. My pup that we are getting isn't coming right now they are holding onto her untill she has had all 4 sets of shots and after those is going to be getting a single parvo only shot. It is frustrating because Chopper had only been to a few limited places. I have never had Parvo in my house prior to now. I don't know if it matters but we do not have carpet at all everything is either tile or hardwood floors I have bleached it several times. My dog area out back is concrete and I have been bleaching that as well. I will never again trust when someone just says that the dog has had all of it's shots. This has been an absolutely horrible experience.
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Miakoda » May 23rd, 2006, 7:30 pm

Again I'm sorry. And it sounds as if you have done all the right steps to decontaminate your house. I wish you all the best with the new little one.
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby Sue » May 23rd, 2006, 7:30 pm

I'm so sorry :(
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Maryellen » May 23rd, 2006, 7:33 pm

OMG i am so sorry to hear that.. RIP little one..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » May 23rd, 2006, 7:55 pm

:(
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Vanessa » May 23rd, 2006, 8:30 pm

I am extemely sorry for your loss. I have seen pups die from parvo and it is awful. He is in a better place now playing with my babies that are gone.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » May 23rd, 2006, 9:12 pm

I am so sorry, Tif......

Request From Rainbow Bridge

Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

"In Loving Memory of Isolde Jenkins"
"Copyright 1992 Constance Jenkins, All Rights Reserved"
Purple
I live here

Postby muse » May 23rd, 2006, 9:44 pm

Thats heartbreaking.. Im so sorry. He was a handsome fella. :(
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 23rd, 2006, 9:48 pm

:( :( :( :(
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 24th, 2006, 7:20 am

I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP lil one

Did the breeder give you shot records and health clearances from a vet? Do you have a contract for this pup with them?
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Our Departed Friends