Ever heard of Exclusive?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Scrappy1202 » May 23rd, 2006, 2:36 pm

Has anyone ever heard of Exclusive dog food? Does anyone feed it? I feed my 6 month old Scrappy 4 cups a day, and he is doing great on it. Just started this forum to see what others feed. What do you feed if you don't feed exclusive?
Scrappy1202
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » May 23rd, 2006, 2:39 pm

never heard of it. who makes it? i feed either http://www.timberwolforganics.com or http://www.canidae.com
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Scrappy1202 » May 23rd, 2006, 2:44 pm

PMI Nutrition here is the link http://www.pminutrition.com .
Scrappy1202
Just Whelped

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 23rd, 2006, 2:48 pm

Interesting. I wish it listed the ingredients and the caloric values. 4 cups seem like a lot. Maybe it is just me.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Scrappy1202 » May 23rd, 2006, 2:51 pm

Here is the ingredients for what i feed Scrappy. Chicken and Rice Puppy formula.

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, chicken meal, oatmeal, whole grain brown rice, corn gluten meal,
chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), dried beet pulp, flaxseed,
dried egg product, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, brewers dried yeast, dicalcium
phosphate, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron
proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate,
manganese proteinate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate,
sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement,
menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity),
riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
Scrappy1202
Just Whelped

Postby Scrappy1202 » May 23rd, 2006, 2:54 pm

And here is the feeding table. Keep in mind Scrappy is 6 months and weighs 43 lbs. It says for that weight and age 3 1/3 - 4 cups.
Scrappy1202
Just Whelped

Postby turtle » May 24th, 2006, 1:26 am

Well, the ingredients don't read too badly but I don't like seeing corn gluten meal and dried beet pulp in a dog food. Many dogs have allergies to corn and in any case they don't get any nutrition from corn, it's just filler and passes right thru them. Dried beet pulp is also a cheap filler and just makes their stool harder, it has no nutritional value.

4 cups seems like a lot for a 43 pound pup. If you fed Canidae, you'd probably feed 2 cups a day since it has better nutritional qualities and they use more of the food so you get less poop too.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » May 24th, 2006, 1:30 am

I would definitely choose Canidae over that.

Its never good to see corn in a dog food.

Dried beet pulp is also bad for their colon.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health