Great weekend at K9-STS with Chris Fraize and everyone

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Cuda » May 22nd, 2006, 1:29 pm

Hi all.

I just wanted to post about our weekend up at K9-STS.

First off i wanted to say how great it was meeting a few of the members here.

Ellie & Nico - Youre doing a great job with that handsome boy of yours. What a team you are making and damn that boy of yours is cute. Very obedient, and VERY attentive to his momma.

SisMorphine & Halo - Your cubby boy is going to do great. Your skills and knowledge will bring him right along. I wish you guys the best of luck on your competitive obedience work. And although my opinion isnt worth crap and with my opinion and $1.50 MIGHT get you a cup of coffee and maybe some of the more experienced trainers on here could either elaborate on this or tell me to go jump off a bridge. I would like to see you up the intensity and excitement of your training a little. Your boy has a lot of ball drive that you can use to your advantage. And remeber your play sessions are best used as training sessions. If the dog sees obedience as play they are much more willing to work.

Hoyden (Eeehhh) & Birdie - If the two of us got together to train together with your "Eeeehhh" and my "No's" we would look like a reatarded episode of Jeopardy. :P How much your little girl remind me of my old female is outrageous. Thats why i had to love up on her sooooo much. Shes an adorable little girl that can do an amazing thing. Your very lucky to have her in your life and i wish you the best. Hopefully in the future ill have the chance to play with her again.

Chris and Rumble - You Bas#*rds :) You and your boy were great. The effort you put into that seminar was out of this world. High energy and entertaining. I personally learned tons. It was worth every penny spent. Rumble will always have a place in my heart as my first bruises and my first decoy work. That boy of yours is where i strive to have Cuda at in the future. Thanks for having us up there.

Megan - I cant forget you. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! (did i miss a thank you?) You are truly on your way to being something great in the field. I wish i could have started and learned what youve learned at your age. To everyone out there in competitive training, Watch Out for this youngen shes going to be kicking even MORE ass in the future than she has ALREADY.

The other people there arent on this board and will probably never see this so in not going through the effort of typing anything to them. But in case you do it was nice meeting all of you.

Adios for now.
Bryan and Cuda

P.S. Anyone looking for some great training PLEASE go check out Chris and family up at K9-STS. His understanding of dog behaviors is humbling. And on top of that he's a humble man himself. The training was intense and fast paced but very clear and concise. Things are explained in a way that even if you dont understand the reasoning behind the behavior its put in form that even an idiot like myself can understand. I couldnt have asked for anything more from the weekend. The training and the laugh's are hard to find ANYWHERE.
Cuda
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » May 22nd, 2006, 2:11 pm

Playboy, it was great to meet you and I loved watching Cuda. He's got some drive on that big guy! Smart as hell too. Your obedience was AWESOME! I hope one day to even get up to half that with Halo. I started yelling and clapping when you got that correction right on time. It was awesome! I caught myself saying "no" today though. And that I can only blame on you. :wink:

I definitely do need to up the intensity, I agree. That boy flies through the air when I start to get him riled up, so I know once I become more comfortable with training (this was the first training session I've ever had with him) I'll be able to slip in a bit more intensity. Thank you so much for your kind words and criticism. Sometimes it's just so hard to see what's going on when you're the one involved, you know?

The weekend was awesome and I loved meeting you and Cuda and Ellie and Nico, my staring cuddle bug. And as always it was great to see Hoyden, and see Carrie for one day at least.

A HUGE thank you to Chris, April and Megan. The weekend was awesome, I took a lot out of it, and I can't wait until I come up again . . . as usual.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ellie@ny » May 22nd, 2006, 4:16 pm

What a weekend!!!!!I had such a great time with you guys,it was so nice to meet everyone!
Playboy and Cuda you have such a huge future in dog training,and being a decoy,and I hope we will hear one day about you and Gaby?(the AB from the story...)on the field...........haha!I would love to see that :D Without cup.....
Sismorphine and Hoyden aka EEEEEEEEEE it was a pleasure to meeting you guys,and your dogs!Seee I don't say anymore babies......... ;)
Chris and April,Megan you guys are ROCK!!!!!I don't think I have to say anything about your dogs,or your job,because those videos say more then I could ever!!!!!!!!!!
To being able to see how you guys can solve problems,it was priceless.......
There're no words to say how happy I'm to see myself and my dogs changing only after a weekend!!!!!I can see the results already with Nico,and boy we will work so hard now!!!!!!!! I even tried some things with my female,and it WORKS...and I guess that's all it matters....
Now to Hoyden....WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!????????????? :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby CarrieH » May 22nd, 2006, 6:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry that we were only able to make the Saturday session but, it was Great to meet everyone!

As usual Chris put on a fabulous 'event'. I'm psyched you all have such great things to say about the weekend! Keep up the Kudos so that Chris will make this a regularly scheduled program!!! :) Hopefully next time I/we will be able to stay for both days because GOD knows how much help we need w/ problem solving. Fortunately I live close enough to Chris to be a Member of the MAD Club and have regular training. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have that option!

Hope to see you all again soon. Good to see you, too, Sis. Hopefully we'll actually be able to Chat soon.

Carrie
CarrieH
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » May 22nd, 2006, 7:47 pm

We're very sorry we missed it, but I'm glad to hear it went so well!

Having been around Chris, April and Megan none of your comments surprise me at all. They are all fabulous.

I can't wait to see the videos!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Purple » May 22nd, 2006, 7:57 pm

It sounds like everyone had a great time! I may be just a wee bit jealous!
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » May 22nd, 2006, 8:55 pm

This weekend was TOTALLY awesome!!! I don't even know where to begin, I learned more in those two days than I have in almost a year of classes with other trainers.

Chris' understanding of canine behavior and human behavior is just unbelievable. He explained everything clearly, demonstrated it, then handed over the leash and guided us through getting the same results ourselves.

He has a phenomenal amount of patience, answered my many (meaning endless!) questions and started helping me to understand what I am doing wrong and what I need to do to fix it so I can communicate with my dog better.

There was never a dull moment in class, Chris kept it lively, informative and entertaining all at the same time.

I got to meet Ellie & Nico (who reminds me of my Petey and I just want to smoosh his cute jowls). What a handsome boy he is. That last correction was awesome by the way! I hope you do decide to show him; I'll bring the Gremlin to come cheer for him.

Bryan and his Cuda. It's going to be very interesting to see how you two are working together in six months. Your NO! and my EHHH! sounded like some kind of twisted game show.

Alyssa and Mr. Halo - we already know them :D, but it's going to be awesome to watch you two compete.

Chris, April and Megan are awesome! If you can get to Maine to work with them, it is WELL WORTH THE TRIP!!!!! I wish I had found them a long time ago.

Now we need to get a training club going in Connecticut so that Chris can come down here and hold classes and training sessions.

Pictures will be coming soon!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » May 22nd, 2006, 10:07 pm

PICTURES!!!

I tried to fix red/green eyes as much as possible, but they ALL look funny to me.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » May 22nd, 2006, 10:10 pm

Brian aka "Play Boy" & Cuda (Ask Chris for the explanation :)

Moral of the last two pictures; Never wear shorts when working a dog on a sleeve - dew claws suck!

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » May 22nd, 2006, 10:13 pm

I crawled around on the floor Sunday after class and took some pictures of Nico. He is a handsome boy, gotta love those jowls.

Chris really wanted to keep Nico!

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Chris Fraize » May 22nd, 2006, 10:14 pm

Hello everyone,

All of us here at Canine Solutions Training Services want to thank all who attended for a great weekend. It was a pleasure to meet and work with each and every one of you. We also want to thank you for your open minds and open ears. Finding folks that will listen to advice (even when they ask for the answer) is very rare indeed!

It is very important to have fun when you learn. Learning is faster and easier when you are enjoying yourself! Chris LOVES and ENJOYS training. He also LOVES to teach!

We train dogs for a living! This is what we do! If you have a problem in training, behavior or you just want to enhance your dogs performance, come to one of our seminars or book one for your club and we will come to you!

Here is the short version of the weekend’s seminar with the Pit Bull Talk board members that attended. Brian (Playboy) and Cuda, Noel and Birdie, Alyssa and Halo, Ellie and Nico, and Carrie and Bronx.

http://www.madmaine.com/cpss/

We hope to see some of you at the Swamp Stomp this weekend at Canine Solutions Training Services .

Thanks again for a great weekend! Remember to keep an open mind and keep your boundaries up!

Safe training,
The Fraize Family
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 22nd, 2006, 10:24 pm

sounds like a blast...

how bout i ship my 'tards up there for the next one.

no hurry getting them back, either!

take your time with them...really.

:elephant:
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ellie@ny » May 23rd, 2006, 7:14 am

Awww look at the pics!!!!The video was great also!!!Hoyden if you have more,please e-mail me with them!!!!Thanx!!!!!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Return to North East