What Defines a Non Reputable Rescue?

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 22nd, 2006, 12:50 pm

then why are you so worried about what goes on at it? Or with any of the members at it? Why talk about Joyce more than once then? You have made almost as many posts about eric personally as you have eric rescuing.
User avatar
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer
 
Posts: 500
Location: Massachusetts

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 12:52 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:Lindsay, Joyce didnt tell me the puppies had parvo *definitey* for the same reason you didn't. She knew it would scare me and that is why she explained the situation to me as she did. Maybe she was also told that it should not be talked about, as you were? She told me and I don't see her in any way a bad guy. She is Lily's Godmother

Mostly, I did not want Melanie to get in trouble. When she told me about the Parvo, she asked that I not tell anyone. So I didn't.

Melanie, I can see where Joyce is coming from when she says it doesnt matter to her how people are treated by eric. She does want the animals saved. That's what matters to her. She shouldnt care about what he is doing in his personal life as long as he is saving.

I agree. But there is a fair amount of evidence that Eric is mistreating animals in his care. If there are indeed dogs crammed in his basement, they are better off having been put to sleep than "rescued" by Eric.

edited to add ~ Corey was on the message board yesterday. She is not banned.

That's probably because COREY hasn't questioned him about the vet bills, WE have...


By the way, I don't want to fight but I am genuinely curious here, how did you determine that I was "trouble" from the beginning? :|



~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 12:55 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:then why are you so worried about what goes on at it? Or with any of the members at it? Why talk about Joyce more than once then? You have made almost as many posts about eric personally as you have eric rescuing.


Trust me- I'm not. The argument here is for the DOGS' WELFARE. That is all. Go back, do a little reading and you will figure out that is the common denominator in every one of these posts.
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 12:56 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:Have you tried to email Joyce and ask her this yourself? I'm sure she would answer them if they were received in a proper manner.

Before I was banned, I PM'ed Joyce with my concerns. I trusted her opinion, so I wanted her input. This was her response:

Lindsay, I have decided not to reply to you from a personal level.

If you want my reply as a Moderator, cut and paste the parts of the pm you want to use. I would reply to you as a Moderator, and I will cc Eric and Matt.

Thanks~


Explain that Tamara. I really think you are wrong to put so much trust in her. She loves her job as Mod over there, and she doesn't want to get banned herself. So she'll keep quiet and conform... :rolleyes2:


~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 1:00 pm

KaylasMomJenn wrote:I called Eric at 7:30 (I knew he'd be on his way to work) and explained to him what was going on and here's the response I got "Why do we keep getting all these broken puppies? Do NOT go on the forum and tell everyone this stuff, I dont want other sites and rescues saying that we have sick puppies all the time and this and that"

Again, there was no talk about getting Susie to the vet, it was all puppies, puppies, puppies.

OMG Jenn...

Did you tell him about Susie's vaginal discharge? What was his response to that? Not to tell anyone?


~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 1:01 pm

Kitty if you so badly want to defend, why don't you answer the second part of my post? Fine you don't know what adults he has, but still, he has them, and what about them?
Why isn't he dedicating his time adopting them out so they don't have to sit in his basment anymore?
Why does he say over and over that he wants to get out of rescue- then takes on 40 more puppies when he has adult dogs in his basement that have been waiting for a year plus to get adopted? Is that fair?

Just want your opinion if it is fair that adult dogs sit in the basement while puppies keep getting adopted out, litter after litter.
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 1:02 pm

LindsaySF wrote:
KaylasMomJenn wrote:I called Eric at 7:30 (I knew he'd be on his way to work) and explained to him what was going on and here's the response I got "Why do we keep getting all these broken puppies? Do NOT go on the forum and tell everyone this stuff, I dont want other sites and rescues saying that we have sick puppies all the time and this and that"

Again, there was no talk about getting Susie to the vet, it was all puppies, puppies, puppies.

OMG Jenn...

Did you tell him about Susie's vaginal discharge? What was his response to that? Not to tell anyone?


~Lindsay~

Yah, that to me, screams infection....vaginal discharge + bad odor
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 1:06 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:Yah, that to me, screams infection....vaginal discharge + bad odor

Susie should have gone to the vet immediately, and at the rescue's expense.


~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 1:11 pm

She seems ok now though?...Melanie has her now, right?
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 22nd, 2006, 1:12 pm

can dogs get pyometra that soon after having a little of puppies? I would assume it was a uterine infection or pyometra. Was this problem given antibiotics for because neither will go away on their own?
User avatar
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer
 
Posts: 500
Location: Massachusetts

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 1:13 pm

The response was "it's normal for a mom to have discharge after having puppies, they are only about 10 days old" and I told him again the pups were almost 3 weeks old-and my friend who breeds told me it was not normal. He did say once after I told him "well she needs to go to the vet but my biggest concern is the puppies welfare at this point if they go downhill, they'll go down fast" I asked him how healthy the pups could be if mom wasn't healthy herself....

Mel-did he tell you she had vaginal discharge and needed to be seen by the vet?
User avatar
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 160
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 1:13 pm

I'm assuming there is no more discharge because she was seen when she went with Mel and nothing was mentioned of an infection.
User avatar
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 160
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 1:19 pm

Melanie was the first one to notice the discharge, this was on the transport. She mentioned it me when I took Susie from her, and I mentioned it to Jenn when I dropped Susie off. It didn't smell though, so that smell that Jenn observed was new. :(

Melanie took Susie to the vet once she came to her house for fostering. I am assuming all is well because there was no mention of it again. But Melanie can clarify for us. (And Eric did NOT pay for this vet visit).

Tamara, I am glad to see you are concerned about Susie. With all the foster work you do with cats, I know you love animals and are concerned for their welfare. :) (How is Tammie by the way?)


~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 1:20 pm

Re-post. A legitimate question


SpiritFngrz wrote:Kitty if you so badly want to defend, why don't you answer the second part of my post? Fine you don't know what adults he has, but still, he has them, and what about them?
Why isn't he dedicating his time adopting them out so they don't have to sit in his basment anymore?
Why does he say over and over that he wants to get out of rescue- then takes on 40 more puppies when he has adult dogs in his basement that have been waiting for a year plus to get adopted? Is that fair?

Just want your opinion if it is fair that adult dogs sit in the basement while puppies keep getting adopted out, litter after litter.
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 1:22 pm

It stunk-and it was getting all over everything my couch, the floor, the blankets, it wasn't even clear, it was almost a brownish color (which made sense when Eric told me that most moms have a discharge after having pups)
User avatar
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 160
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 1:30 pm

Didn't smell like bad fish, did it?
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 22nd, 2006, 1:36 pm

Tammie is doing a bit better but it is going to be a long road. She was very sick when she came here. Thank you for asking.

Spirit, I am not defending eric. I have defended myself, if anything, here. I have never talked about his rescue practices, have I? As I have said, I know nothing of them other than pictures on a website. I am not actively involved in anything rescue-wise he does other than I adopted Lily from Corey.

I have seen pyometra in cats but never had to deal with it with any dogs. Once I had a female that when I brought to the vet because of smelly discharge I was told it was a uterine infection. She was given antibiotics for it and it seemed to clear up right away. Obviously, she was misdiagnosed because about 4 days later I found her almost dead with more discharge. When I took her to the emergency vet and they opened her up, her insides were so infected that her uterus, in fact, had burst as they cut her open. They told me that a cat can show symptoms one day and not the next. That was why I was hoping that Susie was given some kind of antibiotics either way.
Last edited by Favorite Kitty on May 22nd, 2006, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer
 
Posts: 500
Location: Massachusetts

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 1:38 pm

I can't even describe the smell-it was like rotten garbage.
User avatar
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 160
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 1:43 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:Spirit, I am not defending eric. I have defended myself, if anything, here. I have never talked about his rescue practices, have I? As I have said, I know nothing of them other than pictures on a website. I am not actively involved in anything rescue-wise he does other than I adopted Lily from Corey.

.


Just wanted your opinion was all. Yah those pictures are something. Gotta love photoshop.
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby a-bull » May 22nd, 2006, 1:52 pm

note this blurb does contain info. about "brownish discharge"

Females that have recently had a litter are also prone to uterine infections. What sometimes happens is that part of the placenta stays behind after delivery, providing a fertile breeding ground for bacteria.

"You should suspect that something is wrong if the new mother, who is generally overprotective, ignores her offspring or refuses to eat," says Dr. Daniel. This type of infection usually causes a foul-smelling vaginal discharge that starts out watery and a little red, and then gets thicker and turns dark brown and contains pus as the infection progresses.

It doesn't happen often, but an infection and discharge may occur after dogs and cats are spayed if a little bit of the uterus was left behind, says Dr. Daniel. "If your pet is listless, lacks an appetite, drinks a lot of water, and is paying a lot of attention to her backside -- such as excessive licking -- check under her tail for a discharge." If you see a discharge, take her back to the vet immediately, he advises.

See Your Vet If...

* The discharge is bloody or has a foul odor
* Your dog or cat has a fever or diminished appetite
* Your pet is spending a lot of time licking the backside
* Your pet's tail is limp
* A discharge from the anus, penis, or vagina has lasted two days or more
* Your pet is constantly licking his back end
* The vagina or anal area is red and swollen
* There is a growth on the anus or genitals
* Urine is dribbling while your pet sleeps
* There has been a change in your pet's urinating habits, or he is unable to urinate
* There is blood in the urine
* He's lost fur on the top or base of the tail
* The tail is greasy or infected, or it is getting thicker
* The anal opening stays open
* Your pet has been scooting for two days or more



I had this saved from gawd knows where, so unfortunately, I can't give you the link . . . sorry . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]