New kid in the house... James

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby LindsaySF » May 21st, 2006, 11:54 am

I love his blue eyes! Usually blue eyes tend to scare me off, but they look good on him.

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Pitcrew » May 21st, 2006, 11:55 am

Oh, this topic is PUPPY uglies.

His sister Libby is a whole other topic! Her nickname is Libby Lips, she is adorable to us... :D

[img][img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/pitpack/cheese.jpg[/img]

In case you were wondering... cleft pallette and double hare-lip, and we believe pitbull x boston terrier mix.[/img]
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby PittieLove » May 21st, 2006, 11:57 am

she must be special with that mouth!!
you boy(james) is a beautiful dog, i love his eyes :shock:
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby LindsaySF » May 21st, 2006, 12:00 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:You know, I've heard a couple people on here mention the "uglies," and I'm just finding those so hard to believe! Anybody have a pic of an "ugly" pittie? I don't believe you!!

Well, my dog Aidan is weird in that sometimes he looks beautiful, and other times he looks like an alien or something.

These pics below kinda show what I mean:

Image Image

I don't know what the heck happened to his face in the first pic! lol

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby LindsaySF » May 21st, 2006, 12:02 pm

Lisa wrote:In case you were wondering... cleft pallette and double hare-lip, and we believe pitbull x boston terrier mix.[/img]

Dayum!! lol

Cute in a weird way though. :)

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby PittieLove » May 21st, 2006, 12:02 pm

LOL, he isnt werid looking, he has those big eyes(that allows the dog to give a sadder face, and get more treats :D )
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 21st, 2006, 1:28 pm

Lots of times lack of proper nutrition or too many suppliments can cause growth problems such as being down in the pasterns and knuckling over which often correct with improved diet, but in less those are in play or the pups or the pups are premature and sometimes complications with birth their structure usually mimics what it will be as an adult when it is approximately 8 weeks old.

He looks very different now than the video I saw of him as a little guy.

Your other pup is a cutie too
:)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Pitcrew » May 21st, 2006, 3:00 pm

Hey Patch...
How old was he when you saw the video? What did you honestly think?

I saw him at 2 weeks. Typical 2 week blob... cute, above average size for 2 weeks... but I missed the 6-8 week age where you begin to see what they will be.
I didnt see him again until pics at 11 wks and got him at 12.
I chose him based on temperament and how I thought he would fit in my pack. I trusted what Joe typically produces and didnt go by looks. Although athleticism and health are important, I was relying on his uglies being a stage. For a while I wasnt considering ANY sports with him, his structure seemed like it would have been risky. But now... he's a pulldoggie!
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 21st, 2006, 3:28 pm

Lisa wrote:Hey Patch...
How old was he when you saw the video? What did you honestly think?

I saw him at 2 weeks. Typical 2 week blob... cute, above average size for 2 weeks... but I missed the 6-8 week age where you begin to see what they will be.
I didnt see him again until pics at 11 wks and got him at 12.
I chose him based on temperament and how I thought he would fit in my pack. I trusted what Joe typically produces and didnt go by looks. Although athleticism and health are important, I was relying on his uglies being a stage. For a while I wasnt considering ANY sports with him, his structure seemed like it would have been risky. But now... he's a pulldoggie!

The video was of them when they already had passed 8 weeks I don't remember how old they were , but it was past the good eval stage. I wish I still had it... ask chris or Joe and maybe they can send it to you.

I was evaluating them to help place one of the pups with someone who wanted a working puppy who asked for an opinion.

I was looking more for drive then conformation for his situation though did also lean towards the blue brindle girl because I felt her conformation was better than some of the others. I pretty much saw what you did with the pups all being down in the pasterns and flat footed. There was a lot of bunny hopping. I was really concerned with that the most. I didn't see them stacked just playing so It was a bit harder to judge the conformation on them.
The smallest girl and the blue brindle one had the most drive. He actually wanted a male, but I talked him into the female after watching them play.
I didn't get to see them hands on until she arrived in NJ and what I saw on the tape was pretty much the same as her in person. Her pasterns have gotten better and she is less flat footed as wel now. Her ears are kinda big too. Joe is a good guy. I knew if the pup didn't work out he would take her back if need be. She is doing well and her owner has started tracking with her. I am supposed to see her this week.

I'll post an old picture of her that I have from right befoire she was sent to NJ... Let me just dig it out

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 21st, 2006, 3:34 pm

Sorry they are big... I couldn't fix them ... ods feel free to downsize pleeeeease

Here is Jamie's littermate sis Maya. Owned by my friend TOM

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Pitcrew » May 21st, 2006, 3:57 pm

Thanks Patch!

She is CUTE! I think a little better over all than Jame. I liked her, I like the drivey ones... but I have enough of that in my house.

Have your friend post more recent pics! I would love to see!

I was really atracted to the white faced female too. She reminded me of Willie.
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 21st, 2006, 6:30 pm

Lisa wrote:Thanks Patch!

She is CUTE! I think a little better over all than Jame. I liked her, I like the drivey ones... but I have enough of that in my house.

Have your friend post more recent pics! I would love to see!

I was really atracted to the white faced female too. She reminded me of Willie.

The white faced girl was pretty. I like white headed dogs. It was hard because I was picking for someone else and not myself... so I had to really pick all of them apart and give him the info on the little I had to go on with the tape and Joe's comments on them.

LOL I hear ya' everyone in my house is drivey... which means I'm almost alwyas exhausted . Of course they don't want to play with each other either; they all want me

I'll try to get new picts of her

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Vanessa » May 21st, 2006, 6:40 pm

Cuties.... love them all :)
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk