Tallulah the Bull Terrier BRAG!!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 20th, 2006, 7:43 pm

I just got home from a CPE trial. I took Tallulah today, tomorrow I will just run Jack. I thought maybe just running one dog at a time would make things less stressful.

The bad news, sorta, was when Tallulah finished her Snooker run she ran smack into another dog (all handlers were told to WAIT until the first dog was on leash to go in :rolleyes2: ) She got all excited and started chasing the sheltie around the owner. She was happy and trying to play and the sheltie was just moving away, which was good, but the owner freaked! I finally put on my stern voice and Tallulah laid right down and I grabbed her. Problem was she was still naked, so as long as she was moving I couldn't do anything. I apologized, the handler wouldn't even look at me. I think someone must have reminded her that it was partially her fault for being in the ring before Tallulah was on leash because she was nicer later. That and her dog, after a 5 minute break, ran clean, Q'd and took first. Bitch. :evil: Ah well.

The good news...

Tallulah Q'd with a second in her standard run, Q'd with a second in her Colors run, Q'd in Snooker, and got a forth in Jackpot! She came back to me after wandering a couple of times, first run she didn't wander at all, but each run got a little harder....for me. The last run the booger thought the game of Jackpot meant you run along the bright pink tape on the ground, snapping at it the whole way!! Everyone got a laugh, and I told Tallulah we needed to have a little talk about how to play Jackpot.

I was very proud of my little Troll today!! She is such a joy to run. Even when we totally blow a run, she makes me smile just to play with her :D .
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » May 20th, 2006, 7:55 pm

YO! You do not post a brag like that and leave out the pictures, damn it.....
Congratulations, and ante up the pictures!!!!!! :)
Purple
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 20th, 2006, 8:37 pm

I didn't get any! :oops:

I am really bad about bringing a camera, and this trial was tiny so there was no photographer. I was the only vendor at all.
Sorry!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » May 20th, 2006, 8:47 pm

OK, then you're off the hook for now....just don't let there be a next time!!! :sumo:
Purple
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 20th, 2006, 9:01 pm

CONGRATS!

Irresponsible handlers are everywhere unfortunately. I see that as totally the other persons fault for entering the ring before she was supposed to.

Do you have to run naked in CPE . I know in NADAC you do. I honestly do not like the idea of that; though, I understand why they do it.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » May 21st, 2006, 6:30 am

Hey congrtas on a both sucessful and fun day :D Sorry about the other owner and her irresponsability though, her fault, but i am glad it went ok :)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 21st, 2006, 9:28 am

Okay, forgive my ignorance, but what sport was this? Agility or flyball or something different?
:oops:
Either way, congrats!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » May 21st, 2006, 2:35 pm

Jen,, this will be your first & last warning!! TAKE PICTURES!!!

:D Congrats on a great day!!! I'm only hidding about the warning stuff!

no, I'm not :P
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 22nd, 2006, 7:36 am

Well, yesterday I took Jack to the trial, he is my Dal/whippet mix. We used to do agility a lot, but he would shut down horribly. Took me many years to finally figure out all the complexities of running a dog like Jack, independant, sensitive, and a straight line runner. Also a dog who thought agility was a waste of time, compared with flyball and frisbee.

I think we finally got it now. He ran phenominally. 3 Qs, would have been 4 but stupid mom called him to the double jump by calling HERE and he very carefully went and did the TEETER. Took me 10 minutes to realize that he probably thought I said 'teeter'.

He was happy, upbeat, and had fun. He ran so fast that when we were playing Full House, where you pick your course for points, he ran the course I had picked with a good 10 seconds to spare. Probaby could have run the whole thing twice and still Qd.

The silly thing though was he was the ONLY dog level 2, 24" so he got 4 first places. :rolleyes2:

I usually hate wins that don't mean anything. But to be honest, he deserved firsts, he ran so well. He is really a challenge to run, and keeps me thinking. He is so damn fast!

I also paid for over half the trial costs selling tugs, even though it was a tiny trial! :D
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 22nd, 2006, 7:54 am

Sorry, this was an agility trial. There are different venues, AKC, USDAA, NADAC, CPE.

CPE was created as a safer, more enjoyable venue based on having fun, having sucess, and safety of the dog. The courses are not so tight, there is no table, times are more forgiving, and some training can be allowed in the ring under some judges, although you NQ doing so. So, for example, if your dog flies off the teeter, you can redo the teeter, even if it is on leash, so your dog does not develop fears. They also allow a fault and still Q, although you need 4 legs rather than 3 if they are not perfect runs.

It is a very nice venue. The beginner courses are beginner courses, unlike USDAA where even Novice is very difficult. However the upper levels are not cakewalks, and can be quite challenging, but just not in that twisty, start and stop way USDAA can be.

I originally thought that CPE was so easy it was worthless, but now having been to one, I see it is not. CPE is not beholden to border collies, it is much more other-breed friendly in its design, and THAT is a good thing!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » May 22nd, 2006, 8:16 am

Congratulations :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Sports