bug bite? added some pictures

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby rockermom » May 19th, 2006, 9:48 am

My son found this odd red circle on Rocky's belly last night. It is still there. He has a naked area no hair on lower belly. There is a small red circle in the middle is an obvious sting or bite. Its very red in color. Is this what a mousquito bite would look like on bare skin?
Last edited by rockermom on May 19th, 2006, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » May 19th, 2006, 10:00 am

Is it a little bumpy or flat on the skin?

Wally sometimes get bruises on his nekked bits (his stomach and part of his chest has no fur). I worried because he had one that I thought was ringworm, but it was just a bruise according to the vets.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » May 19th, 2006, 10:05 am

it could be a tick bite.. can you take a pic of it and post it?? does it look like a tick bite area with the funky red circle?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » May 19th, 2006, 11:40 am

It looked like a red pen dot (bite) with a perfect round red circle. Small not a huge one like the size of mosquito bite. It was flat at first toda it is raised like a bug bite. He does have some flat red spots that probably are bruises since they initially looked scraped after last weeks hike now they do look like red bruises. This other spot looks like a bug bite. Let me see if I can get a pic. Today its not as red or as perfect of a circle.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby rockermom » May 19th, 2006, 11:43 am

Poor Rocky after all this complaining of his rebellion had to go coax him out of the cratewith bacon as he was just chillin. To take a picture of the bite and the damb batteries are dead in the camera. It will take an hour to charge and I havent got the time.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 19th, 2006, 11:49 am

:D

Doncha love some days?
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 19th, 2006, 11:52 am

if its like a bulls eye it could be a tick bite.. which then you should bring rocky for a lyme test.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » May 19th, 2006, 11:55 am

shoot ok does it have to be right away? He was playing in some water that has collected in my back yard yesterday. There probably is mosquitos in there since there is a frog.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » May 19th, 2006, 11:57 am

Lymes? Ringworm?? Picture, please. :)

Lyme's tests don't usually show a positive result even if you have it, if tested too soon . . . conversely, you can show positive and have an old, even treated case.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby rockermom » May 19th, 2006, 11:59 am

damb batteries are dead and Im having to deal with issues with one of my kids today taking him to dr. Ill go see if I have any batteries around brb.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 19th, 2006, 12:03 pm

it could be just a bug bite.. if he was playing near water and frogs and bugs that is probably what it is.. especially if it just appeared .
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » May 19th, 2006, 12:28 pm

sorry blurry think cause very little battery power
First look what ya made me do to get pictures.

WHAT!

Its the red spot above the penis
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 19th, 2006, 12:44 pm

its hard to tell, but it looks like mosquito bites or an allergic reaction to long tall grass..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 19th, 2006, 12:46 pm

It looks like stuff Wally's also had (ironically, also found near his penis). I never worried about it, went away with time.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby a-bull » May 19th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Are there multiples??
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby rockermom » May 19th, 2006, 6:45 pm

the one above the pee pee is the only one that had the bullseye apearance. the other 2 marks were there from last week but they looked more like a scrape. Like he got a small cut or something.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » May 19th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Try some "Septi-Clens" Antibacterial spray. It also helps if the boo-boos are fungal related. That will probably help, and if it doesn't, I'd try the vet.
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health