You all are going to LOVE this...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 12:24 pm

While I love the "look" of their dogs, on closer inspection many have really, really poor fronts and rears.

So.... Is the middle of the dogs ok? I mean really.

They have good temperaments with horribly put together bodies. Tell me again why those dogs are such fantastic fighting dogs? Oops, I mean 'working' dogs. DJ doesn't promote fighting now does she?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » January 24th, 2006, 12:48 pm

mnp13 wrote:
While I love the "look" of their dogs, on closer inspection many have really, really poor fronts and rears.

So.... Is the middle of the dogs ok? I mean really.

They have good temperaments with horribly put together bodies. Tell me again why those dogs are such fantastic fighting dogs? Oops, I mean 'working' dogs. DJ doesn't promote fighting now does she?

Only if it's HER dogs in HER yard. Ooops, did I say that???
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Now , I have to wonder did she get to know Mr. Colby ? How did all that come about ... :?: :?
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 24th, 2006, 1:46 pm

i think either lou colby was writing a book and asked diane for her side, or vice versa.. ihave the book at home somewhere.. its autographed by lou colby..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Oh ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Do I think DJ fights dogs? No. Do I think she has been less-than-responsible with some of her personal dogs? yes.

She obviously has decided that financially supporting dog fighters is ok though.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pLaurent » January 24th, 2006, 2:44 pm

Do I think DJ fights dogs? No.

Maybe not deliberately, but I'm sure she's had more fights resulting in fatalities than many real dog fighters. Her reports of these fights sound frighteningly close to brags. :(

JMO!
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 24th, 2006, 2:50 pm

pLaurent wrote:
Do I think DJ fights dogs? No.

Maybe not deliberately, but I'm sure she's had more fights resulting in fatalities than many real dog fighters. Her reports of these fights sound frighteningly close to brags. :(

JMO!

Yep, do you remmeber the post about the elderly doberman that had the "stuffing ripped out of him"? She was laughing about it. Well maybe not laughing but her posts were not the type that one would post if your dog had just been killed. Fairly jovial & braggish

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Edited out ..
Last edited by Emi on January 24th, 2006, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jesseca » January 24th, 2006, 2:54 pm

:( that's awful
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 3:02 pm

Emi wrote:I think what sorta turned the tides for me with her ...

Is with the Katrina dogs , she was making a stink , which is good it happened cause of t hat lady in Ark wasn't the best place...

People were willing to send her to help , BUT she refused to go ..

I didn't understand that, then she was arguing with some one else over it that was trying to help to , seemed childish to me ...

And then reading some other stuff she wrote made me wonder ...

On comment about your post. We do not want to censor anyone - infact we are going to try very hard not to sensor anyone. We want people to feel free to post about anything and anyone they want.

However, the ARC stuff is hotly contested with both sides claiming the other is not telling the full truth. As a personal request (not representative of the staff here) I would appreciate it if the ARC/NE issue is not posted about here until/unless it is resolved.

anyway...

I head about the stuff with Katrina and Diane's opinion about the dogs and the rescue efforts. I didn't read first hand posts because I was banned from PBF a long time ago. In the case of a disaster of that magnitude anyone smearing a group that is trying to help is helping the disaster side and not the rescue side.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Ok ... sorry ...
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Emi wrote:Ok ... sorry ...

no apology necessary! we're good
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pLaurent » January 24th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Yep, do you remmeber the post about the elderly doberman that had the "stuffing ripped out of him"?

I know it's hard to keep all the fights and deaths straight, but her old cancer-ridden Dobie was killed outright in yet another "yard accident."

It was one of her bitches who had the stuffings ripped out of her. And yes, it was reported in a "Ha ha!" way.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 24th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Awwww yes, I was confused with all the accidents in her yard that year. Her vet even told her she needed to be more careful!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » January 24th, 2006, 4:14 pm

diane is a sick person.. truly sick... you can tell she has no care or regard for any animals in her care with her callous response to her dogs getting ripped apart..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Darlazmum » January 24th, 2006, 4:53 pm

AAAHHHHHHm so late to the party I truely apologize :oops: I have been not on the forum(s) for almost a week (shopping for tent trailer and it's drowning me) and when I get back I'm locked out of every good arguement, and then what do my twinklin eyes see but a ray of hope:

A NEW FORUM!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE! And one who doesn't appease..exciting.

No I'm not as informed as you all, I 've got nothing to say other than what did you all expect? She has people who cover up for her and still aren't speaking out on the other thread...usually they are all shouts and condemnation and there's an eary silence.

And to not take offense to the rescue comment.....uh, I don't care if you've been in my house or not, I take offense. She loves to generalize and stay upon her mighty throne of soapboxedness, and still, people back her? Even though everything she said/did/does goes against her written word? uh yeah, bye bye D.

So I for one am glad to see A get mad, but will it stick? I wont stop going because of her, she's not running the show. But glad everyone didn't flop around like Albacore on a deck top.

Oh and HI, I'm the new girl :wink:
Darlazmum
Just Whelped

Postby Red » January 24th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Well...what to say?
I am very saddened by your opinions on Jessup, she is my hero so I am gonna have to cry in silence cause you all wouldn't understand the pain. :crazy:

Jokes aside..after "knowing" the woman from three forums now I am not surprised of what happened.She is the kind of person you always give a second chance to because nobody can't say that she hasn't done something for the breed.Certainly more than the many tards I see blabbering on on line forums but they don't move a finger to actually do something.I myself believed that she had a lot to offer, training especially and knowledge on many aspects of the breed.
But she takes any chance and clean her rear with it.
I have heard enough from her own words to also think that she is less than an example for most pit bull owners.Too many yard fights, too many dogs, not able to properly care for all of them.Yet, for personal issues, she had a problem with someone (me actually) posting about my foster hurting my old little dog and make a post that apparently should make me feel ashamed :"keep what happened in your yard to yourself, the World is out to watch us".
Yet she has explained in details what happened to quite a few of her dogs, on a different forum years ago.About 10 years with these dogs and I have never lost one.I happened to want to say :"oh crap, look what happened today"...big deal.It is always personal with her, she won't forget when someone made her look like an idiot a while ago.But to be honest I did not have to work that hard for it, she makes it easy.
She came down to Villalobos and acted a bit unproperly.Chained 4 pit bulls to a couple fence poles and left her frigging patterdales loose on the property.The little dogs were all over the place causing all the Katrina dogs to go apeshit.Manners anyone?She was asked to put the dogs in the van.Then she decided to test one of the Katrina dogs.How? Opened the dog's kennel door and threw a ball between the rest of the kennels.Imagine the mess.Then she said :"well maybe this is not the right environment".No sh*t.Without making names even the folks there had some comments to make.

Anyway..I have always had a problem with the way she talks about euthanzing dogs.No respect, no heart..nothing.Colorful expressions that only bring anger.When you kill a dog without feeling a thing then it is time you find something else to do.Each dog deserve respect, no matter what she thinks of them.Dogs aren't responsible of what they do, unlike human beings.I might be wrong but this what I gathered from her own words.

I will also say that some of the opinions she has are valuable, too bad she lacks of social skills and when someone act like an idiot then everything is lost.I own stun guns, high voltage for protection and less voltage in case ofemergencies between the dogs.I have 4 pit bulls in the house now, I am very careful but the potential of a serious scrap is always there.A stun gun or baton is not a cattle prod.There is a huge difference in terms of pain and direct effect.Everyone is allowed to an opinion but please get informed before you think that having this device to maybe save your dog's life is so evil or only an idiot has them.
I got it for loose dogs in particular but I will use it if I am at risk to loose one of my dogs.Those of you who never broke two or more pit bulls in full fight drive don't know how quickly damage is done.It is scary and you get to a point where you don't even have breath to move but you know that you will have to find it or you loose one of your dogs.This experience will happen to everyone who handle many bulldogs in the years.A fight doesn't make anyone a bad owner, it goes with the territory, but 3 dogs killed made me think about serious management issues.
I have never used the device on my dogs but it is charged and ready if I ever need it.It is the last of my resources as I use other methods and a breaking stick.If nothing doesn't work I know where the gun is.
I find it weird that folks who use a shocking collar often sees a problem with it but I will leave it at that.

At the end..with such "breed ambassadors" who needs enemies??? :)

HI PL!!!! :wave:
Oh, those of you who wearhouse dogs and foster...clean your damn house!!!! :D
Red
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby concreterose » January 24th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Red wrote:Well...what to say?
She came down to Villalobos and acted a bit unproperly.Chained 4 pit bulls to a couple fence poles and left her frigging patterdales loose on the property.The little dogs were all over the place causing all the Katrina dogs to go apeshit.Manners anyone?She was asked to put the dogs in the van.Then she decided to test one of the Katrina dogs.How? Opened the dog's kennel door and threw a ball between the rest of the kennels.Imagine the mess.Then she said :"well maybe this is not the right environment".No sh*t.Without making names even the folks there had some comments to make.

LOL...why did I get a clear picture of everything you said. Wow, must have been an experience!
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Red » January 24th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Wow, must have been an experience!

It would have been much more entertaining if I was there.I did not witness it since I was there two days after she left to go pick up the BYBred puppy.I was told.
Red
Snot Nose Bully Pup

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk