You know you've fed raw a long time when...

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 14th, 2012, 11:18 pm

1. You get blood splattered all over your slippers and you just sigh and keep doing what you were doing.
2. You take an inordinate amount of joy in ripping meat and bones apart with your bare hands.
3. You forget to warn people of all the meat pieces when they open your fridge.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » December 15th, 2012, 6:51 pm

4. You get excited to dig through hundreds of pounds of raw meat to re-bag it for the freezer.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » December 15th, 2012, 9:12 pm

5. You laugh and send pictures of the 100 pounds of deer carcases on your kitchen table.

6. You think it's normal to have 100 pounds of deer carcases on your kitchen table.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Tubular Toby » December 15th, 2012, 9:30 pm

7. A "meat run" is a regular occurrence at your house and your friends go "what kind of meat did you pick up this week?!"

8. You call a friend asking if you can leave a deer leg in her freezer, just until you buy your own chest freezer!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby SisMorphine » December 16th, 2012, 8:35 am

9. You think it's hysterical to hide pigs heads in bags that you give to your friends (my poor friends LOL!).
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » December 16th, 2012, 2:56 pm

10. You're jealous that your friend has access to pig heads, and contemplate a 10 hour round trip to go get your own pig heads.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyPuppy » December 16th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Ha! I've been eying a pair of probable blood trickles on the kitchen wall right behind the scale for a few days. now thinking - 'hmmmmm, look that's probably something gross'.. Now that I'm saying the words, that IS pretty gross, so I'm off to scrub them!

10. You read the store circulars JUST for (dog) meat prices with no intention of shopping for the household on that run.

11. You pour a drink and lay 30lbs of assorted eat on the counter to hack up for a couple of hours (inc. bagging).

12. You are proud of cutting up a 5+ chicken in less than 5 minutes.
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby SisMorphine » December 16th, 2012, 3:51 pm

mnp13 wrote:10. You're jealous that your friend has access to pig heads, and contemplate a 10 hour round trip to go get your own pig heads.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » December 16th, 2012, 8:34 pm

What? Was my #10 not good enough for you? You had to have your OWN #10??
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 16th, 2012, 8:37 pm

13. The thought of having to pick up poop from a kibble-fed dog makes your gag reflex kick in.
14. You discuss your dog's poop on an extremely regular basis and can tell from the color/consistency what meat has been fed.
15. You enjoy interrogating people who sell pre-made raw mixes (asked somebody today if the meat was grain-fed or grass-fed - his response was, "it's complicated." No, it's not.)
16. You open the fridge or freezer and all meat inside is for the dog, not you.
17. When you buy meat for yourself, you almost feel guilty eating it.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby mnp13 » December 16th, 2012, 9:13 pm

That probably means grass fed, grain finished. Or grain fed but it's organic grain so that somehow makes it better.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 16th, 2012, 9:17 pm

He was really focused on tripe and said that because you can only get so much tripe from one cow, small grass-fed farms often have to buy tripe from other farms and they won't know how it was raised. I wanted to say, "they will if they are concerned" but didn't feel like arguing.

pitbullmamaliz

Postby TinaMartin » December 20th, 2012, 10:55 am

When you tell your daughter (knife in hand) I will be in the basement for a few hours cause a friend filled you in on a free meat and bone score. Michelle....
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » December 21st, 2012, 2:32 am

lol

When the highlight of your week was dismembering a bear carcass... because you've never dismembered a bear before.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » December 21st, 2012, 9:05 am

mnp13 wrote:lol

When the highlight of your week was dismembering a bear carcass... because you've never dismembered a bear before.

That was one nice set of bones! (Yet another symptom of feeding raw a long time)
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby furever_pit » December 22nd, 2012, 12:07 am

TinaMartin wrote:When you tell your daughter (knife in hand) I will be in the basement for a few hours cause a friend filled you in on a free meat and bone score. Michelle....

This wins the list!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TinaMartin » December 24th, 2012, 10:34 am

furever_pit wrote:
TinaMartin wrote:When you tell your daughter (knife in hand) I will be in the basement for a few hours cause a friend filled you in on a free meat and bone score. Michelle....

This wins the list!

Thanks! I don't know what's worse the fact that I would do that or the fact that she just looked at me and said OK I will watch T.V. for a bit and do my homework! :crazy2:
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby copperlegend » December 30th, 2012, 4:03 pm

When you poll Facebook on what type of sawzall blade would work best for cutting deer legs up, hoping your hunting buddies will reply, and also hoping that your friends don't think you're the next Dexter.

When you take over the garage for 2 days, forcing your boyfriend's precious cars outside, so you have more room to "bag and tag" your latest venison haul.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » December 30th, 2012, 8:41 pm

I must have missed that post. :) We used a multi-purpose blade in the sawzall. It went through with no problems.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amalie79 » December 30th, 2012, 11:58 pm

HappyPuppy wrote:11. You pour a drink and lay 30lbs of assorted eat on the counter to hack up for a couple of hours (inc. bagging).

12. You are proud of cutting up a 5+ chicken in less than 5 minutes.

So glad I'm not the only one who A) drinks while processing and B ) times myself processing. :P

I was also asked about Andre's poop condition by the vet, and since I'm feeding him kibble right now, I had to really think about it and describe it before I knew whether it was ok or not... there's so much of it. And it's so gross. (since bringing him in, I have a LOT more poop on my shoes if I don't scoop very regularly; raw has spoiled me)
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Next

Return to Raw Feeding