Introducing Bailey!

Postby satanscheerleader » May 10th, 2006, 8:05 pm

So, as par usual, to alleviate my pains of Leah leaving today, Sam leaves me with Bailey!

Look at that smile! Bailey's number was up at the shelter and luckily they contacted Bully Buddies. This girl is the epitome of the typical, "wiggley, smiley, all humanity is my best friend" pit bull! She's awesome with cats, kids and even birds! She had an early bad experience and after being attacked by a couple dogs so she needs some work in that area to feel comfortable around her canine brethren so she doesn't feel the need to be defensive or reactive. She also has some issues with food allergies so we are working to find what food would work best for her.

Bailey is available for adoption though Bully Buddies in Vancouver, British Columbia. Check out their petfinder pages if you want to learn more about Bailey and the other wonderful canine companions looking for their forever homes!

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/BC134.html
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » May 10th, 2006, 8:17 pm

She looks like a real sweetie!
Purple
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » May 10th, 2006, 8:36 pm

What a great big smile.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby pLaurent » May 10th, 2006, 9:35 pm

What a little doll! I wish I could take them all, but am glad Bailey is safe!
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 10th, 2006, 11:45 pm

What a cutie pie!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » May 12th, 2006, 1:19 am

Who could resist this face? Her cuteness is killin' me!

satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » May 18th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Just a little update on Bailey. I know there was some concern about her "dog aggression issues" which was one reason she was going to be PTS in the shelter. Well, with slow, controlled introductions with non aggressive, reasonabley respectfull { lol } dogs, she is doing AMAZINGLY well. In fact, she is lying beside Nyx as I type, chewing on a nylabone. :thumbsup: She was hanging out in the yard with Venus yesterday, her and Missy have been play bowing back and forth when Missy is crated, and she has been totally non reactive and comfortable on leash "walk throughs" through the pack of sniffy interested dogs here. The only one time she showed any snarkiness was her first couple minutes of being here, towards Leah, who was crated, and she was easily called off with a firm "Hey!" I haven't ran into anyone else walking a dog by us yet so she may still need work on her reactivity to strange dogs out and about. I just thought I would share as I am very excited for her that she is not only comfortable but ENJOYING the company of dogs. Not only does it increase her adoptability but it does wonders for her confidence and mental and physical health!
:D
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Return to Rescue