flyball

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 15th, 2006, 10:18 pm

I just signed up for the York PA flyball tourney next month with Tallulah and Jack. I found out that Tallulah will be the anchor dog on her multi breed team. There has to be 4 different breeds, and for this tourney we have only border collies, jack russels, and mixes. And Tallulah the bull terrier. So no matter who else is run, Tallulah HAS to run or the team is forfiet.

I am praying she runs as well as last time.

She is going to be one tired dog. We are looking at 40 runs over 2 days.

I WILL get pics

:D
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby lluksa » May 16th, 2006, 6:52 pm

BEST of luck to you!
Lisa

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" Franklin D. Roosevelt
lluksa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby katiek0417 » May 16th, 2006, 7:21 pm

Good luck, Jen.... 8)

there's a flyball club around me that I checked out when I had my dobie....it was pretty cool (but I couldn't stand the people....they YELLED at me for using a pinch collar....nearly lynched me when i brought him in on an electric-collar)...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Hoyden » May 16th, 2006, 10:11 pm

I wanted to do flyball with Petey so badly because he is so fast, but he is so ball focused that we'd only get one or two good runs out of him before he melted down and wanted the ball.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Purple » May 16th, 2006, 10:13 pm

Oh, man, I would so love to do flyball with Hopscotch! I'm jealous!
Purple
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 17th, 2006, 8:58 am

You really should work through that Hoyden, sounds like he would LOVE flyball. You can use another ball to get him back. He goes down, gets one ball, comes back, and can get another ball. You can use anything that doesn't get thrown to be the reward. You could drop another ball, or you could put one or more balls on a rope and tug, there are lots of possibilities.

Tallulah uses a full-sized basketball on a rope for her reward. It is nearly as big than she is ! But DANG does she run back fast!

Her first tourney she was at the box, and she looked at the dog in the other lane. I had an OH NO thought, but she just put on the afterburners and really RACED. THAT is always cool, when they understand that they need to beat the dog in the other lane, and start getting competitive.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » May 17th, 2006, 8:14 pm

Hopscotch actually starts shaking when I get the tennis balls out.....
Purple
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 18th, 2006, 8:47 am

Well, when we work with Dex in agility, bring up Hopscotch too, and I will bring my flyball equipment!~

Now you HAVE to come up!!!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » May 18th, 2006, 8:56 am

Flyball is something that I think Halo would love. Not only does he race fast to get whatever ball I throw for him, but he usually races back for more! I don't think there's much in the way of flyball around here, though.

Oh, and some cool flyball shots:
http://www.absolutelycaninephotography. ... ?cat=11931

She had another category of flyball pics up, but they seem to be down now, which had two pit bulls competing. Bummer that she took it down.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby piperstubbys » June 1st, 2006, 7:24 pm

I am so jealous! There is nothing around here for the dogs to do. No decent trainers that do anything fun! You would think with all of the dogs around here there would be...but Nope, notta. Piper and Leo would both be great at Flyball. We did some just fun Agility with Piper for a while and she Loved it but there are no trainers that really do it around here.
piperstubbys
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » June 1st, 2006, 8:07 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Well, when we work with Dex in agility, bring up Hopscotch too, and I will bring my flyball equipment!~

Now you HAVE to come up!!!

The last week in June!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » June 1st, 2006, 8:12 pm

piperstubbys wrote:I am so jealous! There is nothing around here for the dogs to do. No decent trainers that do anything fun! You would think with all of the dogs around here there would be...but Nope, notta. Piper and Leo would both be great at Flyball. We did some just fun Agility with Piper for a while and she Loved it but there are no trainers that really do it around here.

where are you located?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dogcrazyjen » June 6th, 2006, 8:49 am

The last week in June!!!

I missed this...OK!

Sounds good. I am free all week. I will ask Kathy what her schedule looks like.

Anyone else want to come, it will be in Lindley NY.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 6th, 2006, 9:24 am

Good luck!!!! :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Sports