Dogfighting Bust:State Police Confiscate Fighting Pit Bulls

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Miakoda » May 18th, 2006, 12:30 am

Dog Fighting Bust: State Police Confiscate Fighting Pit Bulls
May 17, 2006 08:04 PM CDT

Louisiana State Police (LSP) are looking for a Baton Rouge barber. He is on probation for animal cruelty, state police say Kevin Valentine has been at it again: putting more dogs in the fighting ring.

Police and Animal Control officers rounded up the dogs Wednesday at Valentine's house on Granberry Drive just north of the Baton Rouge airport. WAFB Crimeteam Reporter Matt Clough was there when animal control officers took the dogs away.

LSP and animal control officers seized ten pit bulls from Valentine's house in north Baton Rouge -- dogs raised, trained and fought for trophies and big money.

"It saddens me," Senior Trooper Dwight Robinette tells 9 News. "It saddens me that people are using these dogs for this reason. These dogs don't have a life. They don't have a purpose. Their sole purpose is for illegal means."

State police say Valentine owns the dogs, and that he is already on probation for dog fighting after police arrested him in 2004 for housing 25 pitbulls for fighting. According to his probation, Valentine is not to own any animals.

"Apparently he's not getting the message on this, and we're staying strong on this," says Robinette.

A fence with razor wire hides the dogs, and police also found treadmills, weights and medicine used to train the dogs and keep them healthy for fighting.

The most amazing thing is, the dogs have no problem with people -- you can even pet him. But you can see on the dog's face the effects of it fighting. The deep scars on the cheek shows this dog has already been in the ring.

One by one, Animal Control officers removed the dogs -- some went easier than others -- and loaded them into a truck to take them away. Unfortunately, Animal Control will destroy every dog.

"The animals are going to have to suffer because he wanted to fight them and make money," explains Hilton Cole, the director of the EBR Animal Control Center.

It's ironic that the animals that survived the ring will die just for fighting in it in the first place.

State police are still looking for Valentine to arrest him. Police say he will be charged with dog fighting, simple animal cruelty and violating his probation.

State police say neighbors tipped them about Valentine and his dogs. The director of the East Baton Rouge Animal Control Center hopes this time, Valentine gets jail time.

Reporter: Matt Clough mclough@wafb.com
Miakoda
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 18th, 2006, 1:18 am

:( And yet again, the dogs suffer for being who they are. Nothing was mentioned in the way of proof he wsa fighting them, but then.......I guess they don't need it do they? :nono:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » May 18th, 2006, 7:09 am

Scumbag.
Purple
I live here

Postby mistee06 » May 18th, 2006, 7:27 am

poor doggies RIP....:( people are stupid.
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL